2013 LS Build

Para81

Established Member
OP if you don't mind i'd love to see a straight shot of the rear to see how that Boss 302 graphic lines up out back...

Jabooh1

Established Member
Theses are the best two I have.
null_zpsa7006371.jpg

null_zpsba5e9e48.jpg

Only the BOSS 302 is measured for centering. The LS is purposely not included in total length. It looks slightly off center since BOSS is longer than 302.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Why not go catless? If you're concerned about it being too loud I can assure you that the '13 GT500 ab does a good job keeping the volume bearable. I'm on full Kooks longtubes, offroad H, side pipes and '13 GT5 ab and I've had no complaints.

BTW your mod list looks promising. Your 500rwhp should easily be achieved

Any drone issues at all with the side pipes all the way open??

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Any drone issues at all with the side pipes all the way open??

Negative. Although, with restrictor plates and cat deletes you do at time hear a very light whistle. I notice it with my 5/8" restrictor plates around 2000rpm from 2nd or 3rd hear up.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
I can understand wanting it on the rear. It might say Boss 302 everywhere, but everyone mistaking you for a sixxer from behind. annoying. Didn't pay nearly double the cost of the sixxer to look like one.

I say let them think its a V6 from the rear end. The rear end, it is what they see mostly anyway.

HeLLFiRe xx

Run your car, not mouth.
Established Member
I love the CF5V's. The gloss gunmetal almost matches the LS decals. They sit nicely with a 305 in the back.

I am looking at Kooks and ARH. I want to keep the side exhaust so the choices are limited.

I will need cats to pass the visual inspection in Houston so will probably do the install with them. Then since Stage 1 is about $2,000, and the goal is to NOT get divorced, maybe add the H later.

i have ARH 1 7/8" with high flows on my 13 boss... went with them over kooks... the kooks arent really a full long tube... a kid i know has kooks LT's on his 12 boss.... my primaries are so much bigger its absurd. call ARH directly and tell them you are trying to decide between them and kooks... i did that and the owner gave me a sweet deal... :) car looks good btw... another thing... the NA cobra jet uses the ARH headers.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
i have ARH 1 7/8" with high flows on my 13 boss... went with them over kooks... the kooks arent really a full long tube... a kid i know has kooks LT's on his 12 boss.... my primaries are so much bigger its absurd. call ARH directly and tell them you are trying to decide between them and kooks... i did that and the owner gave me a sweet deal... :) car looks good btw... another thing... the NA cobra jet uses the ARH headers.

but can you keep the side pipes with ARH?

Jabooh1

Established Member
So if you look at lethal's website, find ARH Boss LT headers there is an option to do an H for $50 more. I assume this is legit. I guess they do offer a Boss style H pipe.

There is also an option for "off road legs" anyone know what this is?

gremlinsteve

Established Member
you can get them to do anything. call them. they will add the boss side pie deal to the h or x pipe. no issues...just gotta ask for it.

steve

WileyCoyote

You will probably have to go to Koni Yellow's or tokico D-specs if you plan on running some serious tires at the track i.e. R-comps. but your set up looks great as it is btw!

Users who are viewing this thread