2013 LS Build

Jabooh1

Established Member
I think the LS shocks/Struts are Tokico D. Might do the yellows. Had those on a 95 GT and loved them.

I have a 4' trailer set up for track days. Waiting on a rumored Hitch/Tow hook combination from Blowfish Racing.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I think the LS shocks/Struts are Tokico D. Might do the yellows. Had those on a 95 GT and loved them.

I have a 4' trailer set up for track days. Waiting on a rumored Hitch/Tow hook combination from Blowfish Racing.

they are a dumbed down version of the Tokico shocks and struts. Can honestly say now having driven "both" I prefer my yellows for the feel a whole lot more than the tokicos.

That said, I think both will be great.

Jabooh1

Established Member
they are a dumbed down version of the Tokico shocks and struts. Can honestly say now having driven "both" I prefer my yellows for the feel a whole lot more than the tokicos.

That said, I think both will be great.

They being Tokico D spec? Yeah if I upgrade it will be to Yellows.

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
:fm:

They being Tokico D spec? Yeah if I upgrade it will be to Yellows.

yeah, the real Tokico D specs are 10 way adjustable I believe. I don't know to what extent the stock boss ones compare. I've never driven the real tokico d specs.

I do love my yellows though. Ran them full stiff on my 11GT, might do the same soon as I get them on the Boss 302. Have to buy springs and a wattslink first.

O3dsg

Established Member
So if you look at lethal's website, find ARH Boss LT headers there is an option to do an H for $50 more. I assume this is legit. I guess they do offer a Boss style H pipe.

There is also an option for "off road legs" anyone know what this is?

It means no cats. A buddy of mine has ARH long tubes on his Boss with the side pipes open and a Corsa exhaust and it sounds awesome!

O3dsg

Established Member
Great looking car you have there. I almost bought a Boss last year but the wife said no to having two mustangs in the garage.:shrug:

draxxus131

Established Member
Actually the tokico is almost infinitely adjustable. It is setup quite different then the Koni yellow.

Interesting thing here, Koni welds the spring perch 0.5" lower than any other company, Koni is fixed position (5 turns) adjustable, meaning set it to Turn 1, it stays on Turn 1 no inbetween settings. While the Tokico D-spec is (7 turns) but NOT a fixed position meaning you can set it ANYWHERE in between (7 turns).

Tokico also valves their shock & struts slightly firmer then Koni, this has been documented, although I would not be able to procure a curve graph of the system.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with Tokico at the moment, and this is coming from a person who owns and drives a set right now. Tokico-USA went bankrupt apparently, so they had to close shop and move back to Japan to keep their money safe. So getting any repairs done through them will take....FOREVERRRRRR!

Last edited:

Rebel302

Established Member
Yes ARH offers a midpipe for sidepipes... they asked me if I wanted it. Idk if they have x h or both for sidepipes. U will get more power out of x... maybe a little better sound out of h.

MST-BSCY78WC.jpg

I have these on my LS mated to the SW retro...I also ordered the cat delete pipes (for in between inspections;-)) and will probably be adding the Kooks side pipes or perhaps just enlarging the piping on the stock ones to keep the tips. I like the side pipe tips hidden

Here is a small vid of it on the dyno after installed the exhaust:rockon:

[youtube_browser]S3KyJoAqV9Q[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
Rebel, after installing those do you think you could drop the tranny without taking off the headers? Just thinking forward to when the clutch goes.

I figure with kooks being mid length it should be possible.

Punisher1401

Established Member
Jabooh a friend bought JPC full exhaust. His clutch went and was able to be replaced by dealer without removing the headers

_Snake_

Established Member
Not to be rude or down grade any bodies car but doesn't it say Boss 302 enough...
I have a 12 with car cover, floor mats and the Torsen/Recaro's package... lets count how many freaking time this thing has Boss 302 on it...
Seats 2
Floor mats 2
Dash 1
That is just the inside, not counting the key
right and left doors 2
Intake 1
I bet I missed at least one... well the car cover says it too, but we wont count that one, anywho.

Eight times this thing reads Boss 302, from every angle, the only place it doesn't, the freakin trunk, now you want to put it on the back below the third brake light...
Thats crazy man, just crazy.

Go look at a Harley edition Ford truck. You'll have a seizure.

Rebel302

Established Member
My car is in storage to double check clearance, but this is on a GT, and judging by that pic there is plenty of room.
1cddf906-3109-4c49-ac77-964ba4d9a087_zps64a319f7.gif

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
So I have had a change of heart. My father also has a 2013 Black LS #736. Yes we are very privileged to have two in the family. Anyway, he was at COTA and blew the engine. No mods only TracKey. Took it to ford and after 2 weeks of investigation (oil analysis, fuel analysis, ECU analysis) they determined the warranty is valid and replaced the whole motor. After which the ford tech informed him they actually replace a decent percentage of the engines. Those of us that track them really do push them to their limits and sometimes beyond.

With all that I am a little hesitant on doing anything to the motor that would void the warranty. Therefore I am going to focus on suspension and appearance mods for a while.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Wow sorry to hear that. Can you give us more information about why it blew and what the damage was?

Jabooh1

Established Member
Seems like the bottom end of one of the connecting rods came off and went through the pan and block. Here is a nice picture.
CC7B44C8-FE7C-4890-8A68-49761F35A08E_zpsskyryoft.jpg

Ford did a top notch job replacing it once Ford Racing determined there was no owner fault.

77438ED4-F95A-454C-B103-1F9D5782A771_zpsgizzvq0a.jpg

Real hard to see but that's a piece of piston sticking out the side of a boss block. But it is all good , warranty replacement of the long block.

Last edited:

KBBoss302

Established Member
Thank you for that update - I also own a '13 LS so I am very curious. Was it under acceleration on the front straight at COTA? Or downshifting? How many laps in? I am just trying to find out the specifics.

John

Jabooh1

Established Member
I believe it was at about 60 mph in 3rd coming out of a straight. It was half way through the day. That car has been on lots of tracks.

KBBoss302

Established Member
Well at least I am glad to hear that Ford took care of it. That is the first '13 Roadrunner that I have heard about failing (other than some forced induction ones).

Users who are viewing this thread