2013 GT500... the new Terminator?

2004Droptop

Established Member
I have heard and read a lot people of people calling the 13 GT500 the "new Terminator"... whats everyone think of that? :shrug: How about T2? Seems to me there is only one orignal Terminator! I am probably biased given my 04 but when I hear that I sort of feel like come on, sure compare but don't call it the new Terminator!

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
03-04 Terminator will never be replaced by the 13GT500. No one thinks 13' when terminator is used. It was the code name and everything! Actually, if you pull the side scoop plastic inserts out (don't reccomend) you will see the only place that says terminator from the factory :)

2013 effing awesome? Yes
But is it a new terminator? No
Just the next bargain for power! Game changer just like the past terminator was :)

My.02

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Never another terminator. Actually I have a factory sticker on the inside of my rear bumper that also says terminator! Seriously though, how many years have they made the shelby now? Two years for the terminator thats it.

Last edited:

lx347cid

Established Member
with a whipple or tvs Im hoping our cars will take it down without a problem?

40calcobra

Established Member
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Wt4AoqjvZtE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The cobra has a kb

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Comparing the 2013 GT500 to the 03-04 Cobra is not even a good comparison.

Not even in the same league.

Lets face it, the 03-04 Cobra "Fox" platform was designed in the mid-late 1970's! Before most of you were even alive! (Not Jimmy or myself of course. LOL)

Call it whatever nickname you want, it's one Bad Ass Beast! :rockon:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Who all has "Iron Fist, Lead Foot"? I do!!!
:rockon:
Bdubbs, you ever take a picture of the sticker? Lol

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
2013s are absolute beasts, and would smoke 03/04 cobras stock for stock, but they sure won't ever be called "new terminators"

I've warmed up to the T2 nickname. It is pretty remarkable how powerful the '13 is off the showroom floor. I can barely wait to see what the limit of the motor is in terms of power and reliability. These are exciting times to own a Ford. The Terminator has spoiled me some. At this point, I'm not sure I could ever buy another car that isn't boosted. The power has become intoxicating.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Im almost sold on T2, just feels weird. I guess it would be cool, BUT if I saw a 13GT500 with "terminator" badging of any kind I would be bothered and lose some respect for that guy. Although his car would rape me :p

Bufgt281

Established Member
the Original Termi

Justa lil something to think about in movie land the original terminator Never got destroyed/killed by T2or T3,So think about it.The original terminator always hung in there and beat the T2/T3,LOL,Or just plain hung in there and whupped some buttHaHaHa.So what I'm trying to say is our terminators will always have a chance,Yes I know the'13 GT500 is an awesome car,wish I could afford one but I'll just for now be completely satisfied with 555rwhp and 483 rwtq. I just would like to congradulate those members that were able to buy the 13 GT500 but not to count out the members who have '03-'04 Termi's.
My vote for T2 is leave the GT500 Moniker and let there be the One and only Terminator,For always!

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
In 03/04 Terminators ruled, of course the new GT500 rules now but it will not replace the original.

Users who are viewing this thread