2013 GT500 front bumper conversion going onto 2011...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Umm....yeah. No ability to insert any type of grill into that is a big turn off for me. Plus wouldn't that be heavier than the factory plastic fascia?

Vegas5OH

Established Member
Im about to order everything to do this swap on my 13. Anything I am missing?

Untitled_zps10c4600e.png

Quickaintfair

Established Member
Or a 2010+ gt500 hood

Can you please help me out with the fog light department ? I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2010 GT but changed to a GT hood with Shelby bumper. I need to know how to make the fog lights work. If I just buy the fog lights directly from Ford , what else would I need ? How did you make your fogs work ?

Quickaintfair

Established Member
Just finish the Gt500 swap on mine What a pain in the ass.
Bought the Hood,bumper, bumper foam,and HID headlights from a guy on craigslist (he post on here also) $1,900 shipped which is a great deal.

Three weeks after i paid he shipped my parts. hood came in with to bent corners and 3 major dings wasnt packaged worth a damn. Bumper was fine. Hid headlights werent boxed worth a damn one broken tab. ( plastic weld works wonders)

Order hid foglights got wrong ones. Ordered a harness to make the hid headlight work great product!! Plug and play

Bought red snakes or the fenders from ebay got black and chrome then i have lost them lol

The paint shop had a wrecked 2010 and needed my stock hood, bumper and headlights. Fixed my hood and painted my parts no charge! Took three weeks though

I'm still missing two mounting brackets in teh middle of the bumper and my radiator sheild

Car already has shelby seats, shelby floor mats, shelby brembos, 13 shelby wheels, shelby wing,

gt500clone1.jpg

gt500clone.jpg

gt500clone.jpg

Can you please help me out with the fog light department ? I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2010 GT but changed to a GT hood with Shelby bumper. I need to know how to make the fog lights work. If I just buy the fog lights directly from Ford , what else would I need ? How did you make your fogs work ?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Do you have any idea how I'd hook up the new Shelby fog lights from my original GT setup ?

Ford makes extension harnesses for the oem fog lights. You just have to wire them to the plugs that go to the stock fogs in your grille.

I believe the part number for the harness extension is this. You'll need 2
7U2Z*14S411*BA

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
added list of what I bought to first page. Their are extra parts on that list though so you'll need to return some stuff.

Quickaintfair

Established Member
Ford makes extension harnesses for the oem fog lights. You just have to wire them to the plugs that go to the stock fogs in your grille.

7U2Z*14S411*BA

Youre a friggin' boss man ! Thank you so much for the response ! Another couple small questions... Does the new lower valance bolt on to my old stone deflector without problem ? And do you know if the new plastic piece that hooks the prop for the hood in place bolts on also ? (The new plastic piece for the 2013 Shelby on my 2010. I already have 2013 GT hood and Shelby bumper w/ grilles installed.)

Quickaintfair

Established Member

7U2Z*14S411*BA

I completely forgot about this question also , sorry ! Do the fog lights need brackets ? Or how will they stay in place ? What do you need for installation ?

WIPLASH1

Established Member
So here's the new part that showed today.

null_zpse955432f.jpg

When it slides into the back of the bumper it's pretty much invisible from the top.
Steven, one eyed, or anyone else. What's the verdict on this piece? Is it needed? I have it on my list but would rather not have the hassle of returning it if I don't need it.

I had a lady make an impromptu illegal U-turn in front of me, so this is being done courtesy of State Farm. I'll be running the Cervinis Cobra R hood, and Seibon carbon fiber upper/lower grilles. Should be done at the end of next week.

dc2r

Established Member
someone posted elsewhere it's meant to keep that portion of the bumper from sagging, but there are some here who do not use it and i haven't heard them mention said sagging?

Users who are viewing this thread