2013 GT500 front bumper conversion going onto 2011...

one eyed willy

Established Member
So here's the new part that showed today.

null_zpse955432f.jpg

When it slides into the back of the bumper it's pretty much invisible from the top.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
So here's the new part that showed today.

null_zpse955432f.jpg

When it slides into the back of the bumper it's pretty much invisible from the top.

so in this pic, the piece is just sitting in there then right, Like it's not where it's going to be long term. You're still using the two side brackets too? Have you test fitted them under that? Because I really don't think that piece would fit with the two side brackets I have.

one eyed willy

Established Member
Ill be test fitting it tomorrow. I'm 99.9% positive it fits in there. This is a pic of my friends 2011 gt500.

You can see the rivets which hold this part in place, and also the little "o" place holders that pop up from the bottom . It stiffens up the entire top of the bumper.

null_zpsd71d2fba.jpg

Basically you fit this piece in before the bumper goes on , then it sits ontop of the other 2 brackets.

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Established Member
Ill be test fitting it tomorrow. I'm 99.9% positive it fits in there. This is a pic of my friends 2011 gt500.

You can see the rivets which hold this part in place, and also the little "o" place holders that pop up from the bottom . It stiffens up the entire top of the bumper.

null_zpsd71d2fba.jpg

Basically you fit this piece in before the bumper goes on , then it sits ontop of the other 2 brackets.

Hey man, any update on that support bracket piece?

GrabberKid

So someone tapped my car in a parking lot a month ago and of course managed to JUST catch the corner where the fender, hood and headlight are. So about 2" of my fender is crushed, the hood buckled and the headlight housing cracked (still works though). And then something on whatever hit me (think its a truck) put a golfball size hole in my front bumper. Thank god it wasnt a hard hit so the rad support is unscathed but its still annoying.

So I decided to go to a 2013 GT500 front end. I'm going to plastidip the emblem black as I hate the idea of posing. But I got the 2013 upper/lower grilles, and lower splitter as well as the 2012 upper splitter which the 2013 attaches to. I feel the open front bumper will be better for my FMIC once the turbo kit goes on in 3 weeks or so. Also have 20" TSW Nurburgrings going on as well as GT500 AXLE backs. After this I just need a gt500 rear valence and the exterior is done. I overbought alot of parts and I'll try to put together a rough list of the parts needed for this install.

For now, here is a pic of all the parts boxed up.
0cee2a31.jpg

more pics once I get started on the install!!

Conversion is DONE!!!! Also did 20" Tsw Nurburgrings (had center caps paint matched) And installed 05-10 OEM GT badges (painted gloss black). I did those badges to further signify the car is a GT because I hate the fact I had to have the Cobra emblem in the front. I plasti dipped the cobra emblem anyway, it's not that noticeable anymore. I also installed 55 watt 4500k HID's which I must say are retarded bright. Not sure I'll be able to use those too much honestly. The only thing I meant to do was paint the radiator black like the OEM gt500 and I even bought the special paint to do it, but I can't find the can at all now. I misplaced it. It's $20 with shipping and i refuse to buy another because I know I have it somewhere. Once I find it I'm going to paint the Rad black.

2b4ac3cd.jpg

9fec20e7.jpg

bd045212.jpg

9fb13946.jpg

a005f780.jpg

8b8512b6.jpg

9f318e81.jpg

be977deb.jpg

2720ec90.jpg

b78d1bde.jpg

94cbfb8a.jpg

side shot of the rims
ee45c6c9.jpg
YYYOO Man your cars looks amazing. I have a quick question though, how much was the gt500 front bumper? and what parts do i need to connect it to my 2011 5.0? Can i just by the front bumper or do I need an conversation kit?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
YYYOO Man your cars looks amazing. I have a quick question though, how much was the gt500 front bumper? and what parts do i need to connect it to my 2011 5.0? Can i just by the front bumper or do I need an conversation kit?

Try reading the thread. Its been covered.

apex000

Established Member
had a small accident with a deer on 360 and wrecked my 5.0 last night , unfortunately . i'm considering this conversion as well . i love how aggressive the front end of the the GT500s are and your car looks awesome with it on .

fobra00

Established Member
Just finish the Gt500 swap on mine What a pain in the ass.
Bought the Hood,bumper, bumper foam,and HID headlights from a guy on craigslist (he post on here also) $1,900 shipped which is a great deal.

Three weeks after i paid he shipped my parts. hood came in with to bent corners and 3 major dings wasnt packaged worth a damn. Bumper was fine. Hid headlights werent boxed worth a damn one broken tab. ( plastic weld works wonders)

Order hid foglights got wrong ones. Ordered a harness to make the hid headlight work great product!! Plug and play

Bought red snakes or the fenders from ebay got black and chrome then i have lost them lol

The paint shop had a wrecked 2010 and needed my stock hood, bumper and headlights. Fixed my hood and painted my parts no charge! Took three weeks though

I'm still missing two mounting brackets in teh middle of the bumper and my radiator sheild

Car already has shelby seats, shelby floor mats, shelby brembos, 13 shelby wheels, shelby wing,

gt500clone1.jpg

gt500clone.jpg

gt500clone.jpg

StevenStarke

Established Member
If anyone reading this wants an OEM Shelby hood in sterling gray, mine is for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread