2013 GT500 front bumper conversion going onto 2011...

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Updated to include my list of part numbers. I had the hood already and added a fender to the order so keep that in mind. I ALSO had to return a few of these items, and I couldn't tell you which for the life of me. If you buy from Autonation, they will let you return unused items. I over bought so I would have everything.

If you want to avoid doing that, just compare all of the front end parts with your own vin #. If you have the same part number, you don't need it.

Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 4.21.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-04-26 at 4.22.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 4.17.04 AM.png

So someone tapped my car in a parking lot a month ago and of course managed to JUST catch the corner where the fender, hood and headlight are. So about 2" of my fender is crushed, the hood buckled and the headlight housing cracked (still works though). And then something on whatever hit me (think its a truck) put a golfball size hole in my front bumper. Thank god it wasnt a hard hit so the rad support is unscathed but its still annoying.

So I decided to go to a 2013 GT500 front end. I'm going to plastidip the emblem black as I hate the idea of posing. But I got the 2013 upper/lower grilles, and lower splitter as well as the 2012 upper splitter which the 2013 attaches to. I feel the open front bumper will be better for my FMIC once the turbo kit goes on in 3 weeks or so. Also have 20" TSW Nurburgrings going on as well as GT500 AXLE backs. After this I just need a gt500 rear valence and the exterior is done. I overbought alot of parts and I'll try to put together a rough list of the parts needed for this install.

For now, here is a pic of all the parts boxed up.
0cee2a31.jpg

more pics once I get started on the install!!

Conversion is DONE!!!! Also did 20" Tsw Nurburgrings (had center caps paint matched) And installed 05-10 OEM GT badges (painted gloss black). I did those badges to further signify the car is a GT because I hate the fact I had to have the Cobra emblem in the front. I plasti dipped the cobra emblem anyway, it's not that noticeable anymore. I also installed 55 watt 4500k HID's which I must say are retarded bright. Not sure I'll be able to use those too much honestly. The only thing I meant to do was paint the radiator black like the OEM gt500 and I even bought the special paint to do it, but I can't find the can at all now. I misplaced it. It's $20 with shipping and i refuse to buy another because I know I have it somewhere. Once I find it I'm going to paint the Rad black.

2b4ac3cd.jpg

9fec20e7.jpg

bd045212.jpg

9fb13946.jpg

a005f780.jpg

8b8512b6.jpg

9f318e81.jpg

be977deb.jpg

2720ec90.jpg

b78d1bde.jpg

94cbfb8a.jpg

side shot of the rims
ee45c6c9.jpg

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Totally subbing. haha

This is going to be sick man. I have tossed around the idea of the '13 GT500 rear fascia on my GT once I get it, but not sure how much the '13 A/Bs will be. :eek:

2003 Silver

Banned
I'm going the '13 axleback/valance route as well when my car comes in. Axlebacks cost @ $300 per unit.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
What was the cost difference between GT replacement parts and GT500 parts? Are you footing alot of excess or did the insurance cover most of it and just ordered different part numbers?

StevenStarke

Established Member
just to let you know you can get the '13 grill with no emblems here ;-) its just another 200 bucks

2013 Mustang Performance Grille - Classic Design Concepts Store

that wont work, that's for a 2013 GT front bumper, not a 2010-2013 GT500 front.

What was the cost difference between GT replacement parts and GT500 parts? Are you footing alot of excess or did the insurance cover most of it and just ordered different part numbers?

Insurance pretty much covered it. I came out of pocket a small amount

saunupe1911

Established Member
Should turn out nice bro! I got hit a few weeks back, which allowed me to get a GT500 rear valance. It all worked out nicely.

saunupe1911

Established Member
Wait a minute something isn't right...Don't you need the GT500 hood? The hood curves along with the top off the grill. A 2011 hood won't fit.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Wait a minute something isn't right...Don't you need the GT500 hood? The hood curves along with the top off the grill. A 2011 hood won't fit.
I didn't even notice that there doesn't seem to be a hood in that picture. He did say that his hood needed replacing, so maybe he does have the hood, just didn't picture it. :shrug:

Impact 5.0

Established Member
He can do a GT500 or 2013 hood.

I thought about doing the bumper swap on my 13 but I dont want to run a Cobra in the upper grill and from the looks of the pics posted above the GT500 grill has more of a point at the lower corner?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
He can do a GT500 or 2013 hood.

I thought about doing the bumper swap on my 13 but I dont want to run a Cobra in the upper grill and from the looks of the pics posted above the GT500 grill has more of a point at the lower corner?

But you can do the '13 GT swap and use the grill posted above that's badgeless.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
But you can do the '13 GT swap and use the grill posted above that's badgeless.

I'll try to post the diagram the local dealer sent me. What i am curious about is if the mounting locations for the upper grill are the same. I want to do the swap only because i like the placement of the fogs on the 500.

*edit* wont let me post a PDF

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Established Member
sorry guys, didn't even think to just turn left and take a pic of the hood. I got this off a guy that converted his car to a super snake so it had almost no miles on it. Already my color too, although I expect it will still have to be blended.

73bac71d.gif

I put the 2013 lower 3 splitter pieces on the 10-12 splitter today. And cut out the brake ducts. I'm going to slowly install this over the next week because I still have the turbo kit coming in about 2 weeks. I ordered radiator paint to paint my oem rad black (like the 2013 gt500) and I have a can of plasti dip for the snake emblem.

I didn't want the 2013 front. I like the 500 much better. Rather deal with blacking out the emblem then having the front I don't really like. I would have considered a 2013 Roush front maybe. But I'm happy with my choice. I might even get a vanity plate that says "NOTACBRA". I don't want to come off like a poser. I actually also picked up OEM 2010 GT badges for the fenders and I'm going to paint those flat black with plasti dip too. So there will be no more 5.0 on the side ;)

Users who are viewing this thread