2013 GT500 front bumper conversion going onto 2011...

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Looks awesome except the grill. Need to get that cobra off of there. How's the boost coming along?

Ugh I wanted to, but its just not possible. Nothing I can do. I'm still waiting on the turbo kit.

That looks frickin fantastic man! Now the big question.. is the mounting points of the grill the same on the GT500 Bumper as the GT bumper?

The grilles mount to the bumper so now that the bumper is different the mounting points are diff.

Looks really good! Are you still planning on posting the list of parts needed for this conversion?

Yes, but some of my hardware was reused and not needed. Regarding the nuts and bolts of it, it's real tough. I'm going to post up the part numbers for the brackets you need and so on though. There's a L and R bracket you need, the foam piece behind bumper, bumper cover, upper/lower grilles/, fogs (come with bulbs), harness extensions (only to be used with halogen bulbs otherwise you dont need them), and hood.

Last edited:

RFM50

Established Member
Yes, but some of my hardware was reused and not needed. Regarding the nuts and bolts of it, it's real tough. I'm going to post up the part numbers for the brackets you need and so on though. There's a L and R bracket you need, the foam piece behind bumper, bumper cover, upper/lower grilles/, fogs (come with bulbs), harness extensions (only to be used with halogen bulbs otherwise you dont need them), and hood.

Are the fenders the same as the GT?

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
That came out great!!! Still like the 2010-12 grill a little better but I think the blacked out emblem works well with your theme.

StevenStarke

Established Member
cant afford a gt500 now you make your car a fobra lol same thing happen in 03-04

I CHOSE not to afford one. This was my first american car and wasn't sure how it was gonna go. Next time around I'll go all out

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Steve, your conscious effort to ensure the car isn't perceived as an attempt to make it into something it will never be is admirable. I have a GT500 but never liked having the silly badging/stripes plastered all over the car and thus removed them. I'd rather flaunt from within, if necessary, than with what I consider superficial window dressing.

You're doing it right. Aesthetically, the car has definitely improved. Good luck with the upgrades you have in mind for more power.

Tob

StevenStarke

Established Member
Steve, your conscious effort to ensure the car isn't perceived as an attempt to make it into something it will never be is admirable. I have a GT500 but never liked having the silly badging/stripes plastered all over the car and thus removed them. I'd rather flaunt from within, if necessary, than with what I consider superficial window dressing.

You're doing it right. Aesthetically, the car has definitely improved. Good luck with the upgrades you have in mind for more power.

Tob

Thank you very much. I've always been a fan of keeping things clean. I've always been the type to remove lettering and badges and so on. Having that snake badge on the front really did grind my gears but it was a sacrifice for the front end I wanted. I as well would rather have a 1000whp car with no badging, letters or anything on it.

G-NOTE

Established Member
Hey Bro, did you ever get that parts list?

I'm in the middle of my own swap right now.

I have the hood, front bumper, grill inserts, and lights.

What brackets do I need?

Do you have part #'s...

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread