2013 GT500 front bumper conversion going onto 2011...

dardi

I want to do the same thing. If you dont mind me asking, when will you be installing the parts and posting pictures ? :)

Thanks!

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I want to do the same thing. If you dont mind me asking, when will you be installing the parts and posting pictures ? :)

Thanks!

I'm going to start this week and do it slowly each day before or after work.

So far all I did was install the '13 splitter to the 12' and I cut the brake ducts out of the bumper. I'm not going to pop the grilles in or put the splitter on yet because after its all assembled the body shop is going to pull the bumper and fender off to paint off the car. I'm most concerned with getting everything behind the bumper correct. Theres some brackets and plastic pieces that direct air towards the radiator that have to be installed. I also have to paint the Rad black (like the 2013 gt500). And before it gets painted I have to put the turbo kit in so it will probably be 3-4 weeks before its complete and painted.

dardi

looking forward to it.

I'm still debating whether to go with the 2013 gt500 front end or roush front end.

this will help me make my decision :)

StevenStarke

Established Member
looking forward to it.

I'm still debating whether to go with the 2013 gt500 front end or roush front end.

this will help me make my decision :)

Well I mean dont wait for me to make your decision. My car is going to look like this sans the stripes and with aftermarket 20's

f9c1181d.jpg

StevenStarke

Established Member
Are the 2011+ GT headlights the same as the 2011+ GT500?

all 2010+ headlights are dimensionally the same. The projectors from 2010 and newer fit with the 2013 front ends. The 2013's just have the LED's and the rear connector has a different female plug. I was going to tackle installing those too but I just didn't want to deal with that right now along with everything else.

Last edited:

dardi

that look bad ass! i just hope it looks exactly like this on a 2011

did you purchase all your parts from the dealer? and if you dont mind again what are the part #'s I need to get this done? sorry to be a pian lol

thanks !

StevenStarke

Established Member
that look bad ass! i just hope it looks exactly like this on a 2011

did you purchase all your parts from the dealer? and if you dont mind again what are the part #'s I need to get this done? sorry to be a pian lol

thanks !

yes, everything from the dealer. I over ordered to be safe though. I will post up a complete list once I'm done. I'll have to return some stuff, then I'll be able to post up what I used by subtracting what I return. I did learn today that the under tray is exactly the same, lol. I took the front bumper, grille+fogs, and under tray off.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Looks awesome except the grill. Need to get that cobra off of there. How's the boost coming along?

Impact 5.0

Established Member
That looks frickin fantastic man! Now the big question.. is the mounting points of the grill the same on the GT500 Bumper as the GT bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread