2013 GT installing Kooks Longtubes with Before & After Results

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Good numbers out of the Kooks.

I am curious though on the dyno sheets?

The base pull says it is for a Justin Ehlin - 4th pull - 4/30/11? And belongs to a 2011 Ford Mustang?

The 2nd pull says it is for a Dean More - 4th pull as well?

Obviously a 13 couldn't have been on the dyno 4/11, and you said this test was done the same day?

Once the car arrived here.... we Let it cool down for a bit and made a pull. To our surprise... this made really good power with the current mods:

After seeing seeing what she put down on the basic mods, we quickly started to tear her apart and begin this car's 2nd Chapter of it's life.

After this, we put her back on the dyno to give her some time with Chris.

After 4 pulls, Chris had this baby dialed in perfect. As you can see below:

Here is the graph comparing the first pull to the final pull

Now before people freak out... The dyno lost the trq signal right at the very end and is why it looks like this. It's also caused by over spinning the dyno. We did not have our eddie-break on for this car. The point I was making is the horsepower difference. We all knew the trq would be down with the manifold but you can see where the mods helped over the previous ones.

graph1.jpg

graph2.jpg

Last edited:

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
OMG thank you!!! I just realized I posted the wrong graph. I have everyone's saved in my computer and I must have saved the wrong file. Swapping it now

ATTFighter

Established Member
I am Dean in the file name the one that shows 447 whp, which is correct the other one was posted accidentally there must have been a little mix up because Justin the name in the other one was actually there watching my car be dynoed and he had the same mods as me in his car before we added the boss manifold and headers in my car and made almost identical numbers. Good catch! it will be fixed shortly.

gtformula

Established Member
I really wish the cars that you showed comparisons lately would have both been tuned first to the mex before you swapped parts for a more accurate diffence number. Im not hating or bashing. Just saying the tune can account for some of the new found power. I plan to get a set of headers soon. Maybe even a cobra jet manifold setup. Cant get a decent tune with my simple bolt ons so I'm holding out for swhile.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I really wish the cars that you showed comparisons lately would have both been tuned first to the mex before you swapped parts for a more accurate diffence number. Im not hating or bashing. Just saying the tune can account for some of the new found power. I plan to get a set of headers soon. Maybe even a cobra jet manifold setup. Cant get a decent tune with my simple bolt ons so I'm holding out for swhile.

Easily fixed with putting it on a dyno or with dome datalogging my friend.

But in the first post, I did explain how that the original swap had a added part by the customer. It was planned for just the mods with adding headers but using the manifold will only help your peak power. The first thread explains everything

G-Mann

Established Member
Awesome write up!!! I'd be thrilled to see these kind of numbers the owner got.

I had kooks with the Borla S but swapped them out for the touring. Its still pretty damn loud. I'm sitting on a Boss IM and you just lit a fire for me to get er done after this write up, nice results!!!

REPCobra10

Established Member
Good stuff, Steve...:beer: I'm getting excited to drop my car off to you guys on Tuesday for my header and driveshaft installation!

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
I just got a set of kooks longtubes theyr sitting under my bed till I can do the install. On the bbr dyno my car made 444rwhp with jlt intake, boss manifold,o/r x pipe and one of Chris's dyno tunes. We'll see if after the install I can go dyno it again. Only difference is I'm on E85 now. So I hope to see between 460-480. Anywhere in that range and ill be happy!!!

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Good stuff, Steve...:beer: I'm getting excited to drop my car off to you guys on Tuesday for my header and driveshaft installation!

See ya tomorrow bud.

I just got a set of kooks longtubes theyr sitting under my bed till I can do the install. On the bbr dyno my car made 444rwhp with jlt intake, boss manifold,o/r x pipe and one of Chris's dyno tunes. We'll see if after the install I can go dyno it again. Only difference is I'm on E85 now. So I hope to see between 460-480. Anywhere in that range and ill be happy!!!

Actually really excited to see what your car does :beer:

clc44

Established Member
Bbr, anymore header comparisons? Especially for the auto? What are your thoughts on adding the boss im on the a6? I'm considering circle d 3 or whatever they recommend, boss im with 3.73 gears to keep me in the power band of the boss. Bad plan or decent? I'd obviously do headers with the mods. Or just keep as is and save for used Paxton? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread