2013 Focus ST (turbo) 40-110mph run.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Haven't seen that one yet but I'm sure they will probably come out close in the power department and probably can go both ways depending on the reviewer. Now as far as handling, all of the reviews I seen so far said the ST is much better. I think it might be still too early but after SEMA I'm sure we will see much more impressive things from the ST considering no ecoboost has been a let down as of yet:)

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

Yep, fastest times I've seen so far. 0-60 in 5.9 and the 1/4 was mid 14s. For what it is those are good times even if they are not the norm.

+1

Shame on Ford ford making this car so slow that owners have to be afraid of 10 year old Cobalts and such.

My old 09 WRX (not STI) was running 13.3's@ 102 all night long right off the showroom floor and 4.7 sec. 0-60. This is just embarrassing for this over hyped ST. Heck my neighbors heavy 2011 Legacy GT will smoke this little ST everyday.

With this car it is only important that they sell a lot of them. If Ford can sell enough of these STs then it will give them grounds to make the argument that they need to bring the RS here too which the next gen is under development right now. You'll be looking at nearly 350hp off the showroom floor among other goodies.

TheHitman™

Established Member
Focus ST from Edmunds:

[youtube_browser]nxvlC31eASw[/youtube_browser]

It looks like the MS3 still reigns supreme in straight line performance in that class. The new ST seems to be about where the supercharged Cobalt's are. When it gets some more aftermarket we will see where it stands.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Focus ST from Edmunds:

[youtube_browser]nxvlC31eASw[/youtube_browser]

It looks like the MS3 still reigns supreme in straight line performance in that class. The new ST seems to be about where the supercharged Cobalt's are. When it gets some more aftermarket we will see where it stands.

That's just one test.

2012 Mazdaspeed 3 - Comparison Test - RoadandTrack.com

Despite all that power, the Mazda slugged to 60 mph in 6.5 seconds—a 10th behind the GTI, which has 63 fewer ponies and a half-second off what the Focus ST did despite it being down 11 bhp. The MS3 picked itself back up to pass the GTI before the end of the quarter mile completing that task in 14.7 sec. Yet, it was still a 10th behind the Ford.

EX1

Established Member
was there a budget you wanted to stay within?

I was mainly looking at the 4-door, turbo, 4 cyl market. My work commute is about 80 miles a day so gas mileage was a must. The Evos and STi were rated at around 20mpg so I ruled those out. Wasn't a fan of the mazda 3s or the Cobalt SS either. It was between this car and the Volkswagon GTI. I ended up going with the ST because my girlfriend ended up buying a new f-150 FX4 so they cut me a deal on the ST.

I'm so tempted to trade in the '12 focus I bought in June for one of those. Looks like so much fun compared to my n/a model. The local dealership got one but I'm assuming its been raped by the people that work there already.

Just check the ODO. My car only has 3 miles on it so I felt better about buying the car.

awesome! i'd love to have one of these as my DD. mind saying what you paid for it?

My girlfriend bought an f-150 at the same time so I paid 1,850 off sticker. It was 26k IRC.

Cool video

I just picked up a ST as well. Moves out for what it is. Only issue is hard shifting from 1st to 2nd there is thunk. Are you experiencing this as well? I've read its the rear motor mount, but if you replace it with a harder compound you will have some "in cabin" vibrations.

Ya I felt the loud and harsh clunk on the 1-2 shift at WOT. I hope there is a solution soon.

EX1

Established Member
Very cool little cars

Congrats on the new DD

thanks!

very nice cody! what color?

believe it or not, i have been looking at them as well. performance blue with matching interior and recaro upgrade. just dont know if i can make myself buy a focus. lol

It is black. Tried to mke it as mainly as possible haha.

I really like this car and I understand its brand new but you could also get a low mileage 2012 5.0 for the same money too.

I got the ST for fuel mileage and a little fun. I have my Z06 for power:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread