2013 Focus ST (turbo) 40-110mph run.

DivineDetail

Established Member
Badass, man. My local dealership only has one allocated to them, and I'm so tempted by it. It has yet to arrive though. Congrats on the new wheels

EX1

Established Member
Badass, man. My local dealership only has one allocated to them, and I'm so tempted by it. It has yet to arrive though. Congrats on the new wheels

Thanks! I was looking for a DD that was going to keep the drive fun and still get 30mpg during my work commute. I was sold just after sitting in it. The interior is amazing!

jarryd2018

Established Member
I'm so tempted to trade in the '12 focus I bought in June for one of those. Looks like so much fun compared to my n/a model. The local dealership got one but I'm assuming its been raped by the people that work there already.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
That thing can move!

I'd love to run one of these off the light... I have a feeling it'd walk my car, by how much I don't know.

I think you guys would be pretty close. These things are pretty quick :rockon:.

I can't wait to see what a tune will do for these!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I also was considering trading my 2012 Focus Ti for a new ST3. However, logic told me to stay away, as I would be tempted to mod the thing and that takes even more money. I decided it was best to keep the DD as is, no desire to mod.

EVO32570

Established Member
I stopped at the dealer on mon because they got a red one. It doesnt have the interior I wanted though. I would really like one in the "gotta have it green" with the matching interior inserts. I didnt ask but Im sure they dont make that color.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I'm so tempted to trade in the '12 focus I bought in June for one of those. Looks like so much fun compared to my n/a model. The local dealership got one but I'm assuming its been raped by the people that work there already.

It has, you can be pretty sure of that. Had a few friends work as salesmen over the years and they said whenever a new model showed up every salesmen beat on it. The guy I talked to at my local ford dealer even told me everyone had driven the new st they got. He didn't say they beat on it but you can assume they did

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
So far with a tune it looks like they're getting around 330hp.

Not quite. I believe it was tmc that posted the highest gain with a tune in the 300's on ecoboost and st forum but what peoples don't seem to realize or even missed is that if you look at the stock run they posted it was pretty high(almost 300tq), much higher than the average 230hp/260tq peoples are dynoing stock which get me to believe their dyno is reading very high. I believe with a good tune these cars are making about 50-60ft lb of tq over stock and a little less hp. Very nice car indeed but I don't think its any better than a mazdaspeed3 powerwise, but as far as handling I think this is where ST shines.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

03SonicStang

Established Member
Cool video

I just picked up a ST as well. Moves out for what it is. Only issue is hard shifting from 1st to 2nd there is thunk. Are you experiencing this as well? I've read its the rear motor mount, but if you replace it with a harder compound you will have some "in cabin" vibrations.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Not quite. I believe it was tmc that posted the highest gain with a tune in the 300's on ecoboost and st forum but what peoples don't seem to realize or even missed is that if you look at the stock run they posted it was pretty high(almost 300tq), much higher than the average 230hp/260tq peoples are dynoing stock which get me to believe their dyno is reading very high. I believe with a good tune these cars are making about 50-60ft lb of tq over stock and a little less hp. Very nice car indeed but I don't think its any better than a mazdaspeed3 powerwise, but as far as handling I think this is where ST shines.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

I was going off the SCT claims but I mixed up the numbers. They got about 320lbs trq with their tune and around 260whp. Also, in this months R&T they test the ST against the MS3 and GTI and it beat both of them pretty good, it was even faster.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Those little suckers move out, very nice video.

I'm picking up an ST3 next week. Xplan talked me into grabbing it for a DD. :burnout:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
very nice cody! what color?

believe it or not, i have been looking at them as well. performance blue with matching interior and recaro upgrade. just dont know if i can make myself buy a focus. lol

Users who are viewing this thread