2013 Focus ST (turbo) 40-110mph run.

Grey03

Established Member
I test drove one of those yesterday. I loved the interior and handling but, wasn't really impressed with the power. Could have been the 300 lb salesmen sitting the passenger seat slowing it down... I was laughing because I knew those Recaros were tight but, he kept saying how comfortable they were... Plus my buddy with a WRX would wax my ass every morning on the way to work.. That can't happen..

macworld

Established Member
Yeah, sorry, but they feel slow. Power falls off at 5000rpm, seats are way to small, exterior sucks. Love the interior though. Speed wise my 2011 wrx kills it. I feel like they could have chose a better turbo for it. Lots of torque, horrible top end. It has the power band of an old Iroc camaro.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Yeah, sorry, but they feel slow. Power falls off at 5000rpm, seats are way to small, exterior sucks. Love the interior though. Speed wise my 2011 wrx kills it. I feel like they could have chose a better turbo for it. Lots of torque, horrible top end. It has the power band of an old Iroc camaro.

Opinions are nice but don't be a Denny downer.

I'd say these things move out pretty well for what they are and with the price it's a very good deal. Great option for a DD.

C.Wied

macworld

Established Member
Not trying to be a downer. I was just disappointed. Right at the same power to weight as the wrx, less driveline loss. I just thought it would be faster. A stock EB F-150 will give it all it can handle.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Not trying to be a downer. I was just disappointed. Right at the same power to weight as the wrx, less driveline loss. I just thought it would be faster. A stock EB F-150 will give it all it can handle.

Gotcha :beer:

C.Wied

wma8706

Established Member
I really like this car and I understand its brand new but you could also get a low mileage 2012 5.0 for the same money too.

Boss002

Established Member
Decent, but I wanted more from the ST! oh well, better watch out for any Cobalt SS/TC's they'll have a hayday killing new owners until a real aftermarket comes around

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Nevermind, saw that they were on nitrous and/or meth while making 330, not as impressive as I was hoping.

EVO32570

Established Member

My EVO when it was stock was shit up top. Just fell off/hit a wall above 5500rpm. When I put a intake on it was insane how much it opened it up. Maybe a intake would help it up alot.

jarryd2018

Established Member
I just can't wait to see people start modding these things. These little di vct engines are pretty fun, even my n/a model isn't bad but my daily commute is stop and go traffic and I never get over 30 mph and my mustang has been down for a while so everything seems fun to me.

2004Droptop

Established Member
I picked one up for my DD... so far so good, I agree they could have used a different turbo but it is pretty stout for what it is. If it is about racing I will play the Terminator card! Although ran it the first time last night. I got waxed on the way home from work by a non stock GTI. About 20 to ~95mph run, I say non stock because that thing pulled me by probably 3 or four lengths and no gears etc missed. But I still smiled and had fun

macworld

Established Member
My EVO when it was stock was shit up top. Just fell off/hit a wall above 5500rpm. When I put a intake on it was insane how much it opened it up. Maybe a intake would help it up alot.

You will get better numbers from an intake, down pipe, and tune. However, it will still be the big mid range and horrible top end. It's the turbo. It's a lot like the older wrx's with the TD04 turbo. Lotta torque, fast spool, falls on it face up high.

Bowtie-X

Oh No.. not a NOOB again.
Established Member
I was going off the SCT claims but I mixed up the numbers. They got about 320lbs trq with their tune and around 260whp. Also, in this months R&T they test the ST against the MS3 and GTI and it beat both of them pretty good, it was even faster.

Haven't seen that one yet but I'm sure they will probably come out close in the power department and probably can go both ways depending on the reviewer. Now as far as handling, all of the reviews I seen so far said the ST is much better. I think it might be still too early but after SEMA I'm sure we will see much more impressive things from the ST considering no ecoboost has been a let down as of yet:)

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD

BigDan

Established Member

+1

Shame on Ford ford making this car so slow that owners have to be afraid of 10 year old Cobalts and such.

My old 09 WRX (not STI) was running 13.3's@ 102 all night long right off the showroom floor and 4.7 sec. 0-60. This is just embarrassing for this over hyped ST. Heck my neighbors heavy 2011 Legacy GT will smoke this little ST everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread