2013 5.0 Build Thread - VORTECH/FORGESTAR/APR Widebody/KW V3 Coilovers and much more

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Did another photoshoot. Got a preview for you :)

jurrian-mustang-the-driven-lifestyle.jpg

Puffy1228

Established Member
I like! Saw your ride on Google and started searching for the price of the kit. It's a little out of my range at the moment (so says the wife) but gives me something to plan for. Deciding if I want to supercharge first then finish the body or vice versa. Anyways, nice ride.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I like! Saw your ride on Google and started searching for the price of the kit. It's a little out of my range at the moment (so says the wife) but gives me something to plan for. Deciding if I want to supercharge first then finish the body or vice versa. Anyways, nice ride.

Thanks! Good luck with convincing the wife! I had to buy her a brand new car to get the parts I wanted for mine, haha.

Lucky_13

Established Member
Guessin' ya didn't end up parting with the KWs. Why were you thinking of ditching them?

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Guessin' ya didn't end up parting with the KWs. Why were you thinking of ditching them?

I actually just haven't removed them yet, but I will have them removed by next week if you want to PM me.

Pictures arent working for me :( at least the ones on the first page

I notice that as well, not sure what's going on with photobucket, but they were fine just a few days ago, and I haven't touched photobucket at all. Meh, I'll figure it out later.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Pictures should be back up. Guess photobucket just glitched out or something.

Airbags going in next Thursday! I'll get some photos of the install and post up the results next week. Shortly after that, Sparco Seats go in, so we'll have another update shortly after that when I sell my KW's.

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
AirBags are officially going in! I'll have more pictures once the install is all wrapped up but for now just some teasers:

AirBaginstall.gif

Airbaginstall2.gif

Also, took a picture of the KW V3's we took out on the fronts. I did NOT clean these at all, they came out exactly as you see here, and as you can tell they weren't used for very long, there is barely any dust on them, clearly never ever ever ever driven in the rain (not that it matters), but they are very well taken care of and I'll let them go for $2000 shipped anywhere in the 48 states:

KWV3onMustang.gif

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Working on a promotional video, got a quick screenshot (sorry it's an iphone picture of a computer screen). Got something in the works though:

JurrianMustangVideoPreview.gif

Also have a X-pipe that just came in that I'm installing this Friday with new gauges going in the car too. I'll get an update on that as well but we've got to get prepped for the show season!

nissenc1337

Established Member
Did you experience a large amount of NVH with the hitchhikes UCA? I'm contemplating their TVS stage 2 kit but the UCA looks like a solid mount and metal on metal is BOUND to have NVH issues.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Did you experience a large amount of NVH with the hitchhikes UCA? I'm contemplating their TVS stage 2 kit but the UCA looks like a solid mount and metal on metal is BOUND to have NVH issues.

Yeah I did, and I'm not very happy about it either. I should have known better, but it certainly got rid of the wheel hop. I can hear the diff whine pretty bad since it's a solid mount but the exhaust overpowers how loud the diff whine is most of the time, but going over bumps and the clunking isn't very pleasant either. At some point when I finally dive into a watts link I'll upgrade to BMR Or Whiteline which has a bushing there so I don't have to experience that any longer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread