2013 5.0 Build Thread - VORTECH/FORGESTAR/APR Widebody/KW V3 Coilovers and much more

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I appreciate the effort you put in. It personally does nothing for me. Hope you like it though! cause you sure paid for it!

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Getting ready to put the blower in:

183BED06-BF9C-4B4A-9E80-9BA142D4AA2B.gif

ExUNDDevilDog

Established Member
Great Build!!

I specifically created an account to tell you congrats and keep up the good work. Ever since I saw this widebody kit I have been looking for info on it to try to figure out how much the install would cost.

Do you have more pics of the rear quarter panels being installed I was wondering if there would have to be any metal cutting.

Any ideas on a spoiler? I was trying to image what that kit would look like with the GT Premium spoiler, but I haven't seen anyone else running this kit.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I specifically created an account to tell you congrats and keep up the good work. Ever since I saw this widebody kit I have been looking for info on it to try to figure out how much the install would cost.

Do you have more pics of the rear quarter panels being installed I was wondering if there would have to be any metal cutting.

Any ideas on a spoiler? I was trying to image what that kit would look like with the GT Premium spoiler, but I haven't seen anyone else running this kit.

Thank you! I really appreciate that, thank you.

All the pictures I had I posted up, I would go back a couple pages to see how they mount on the rear quarter panel, but I didn't get a constant train of photos from them so I don't have anything more detailed. There is metal cutting for sure, once you do the widebody, you cannot go back unless you replace the rear quarter panel completely with a new panel entirely.

I had a 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler which fit really really nicely and looked amazing, but I had to remove it because the rear quarter panels aren't the same shape as stock, it's raised a bit, so it didn't fit, so I moved over to an RTR rear spoiler which fits perfect. There's only one other car running this kit, and it's APR Performance's car. So far we're the only two that have these kits on.

If you want to get one yourself, send me a PM real quick, I can get you in touch with the right person :D

ExUNDDevilDog

Established Member
Thank you! I really appreciate that, thank you.

All the pictures I had I posted up, I would go back a couple pages to see how they mount on the rear quarter panel, but I didn't get a constant train of photos from them so I don't have anything more detailed. There is metal cutting for sure, once you do the widebody, you cannot go back unless you replace the rear quarter panel completely with a new panel entirely.

I had a 3D Carbon GT500 spoiler which fit really really nicely and looked amazing, but I had to remove it because the rear quarter panels aren't the same shape as stock, it's raised a bit, so it didn't fit, so I moved over to an RTR rear spoiler which fits perfect. There's only one other car running this kit, and it's APR Performance's car. So far we're the only two that have these kits on.

If you want to get one yourself, send me a PM real quick, I can get you in touch with the right person :D

I would be very interested in talking to someone about getting this kit, I just know I don't have the funds right now. Maybe I can get the contact info from you later on down the road.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
It's been a while since I've updated the thread. A few more new mods, got a nice gauge pod from Speed of Sound as well as AEM Wideband and a Autometer Boost gauge as well that will be installed soon. Most importantly, new wheels!!!

Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave - Semi-Gloss Black
20x10.5 ET5 Fronts
20x12 ET25 Rears

Mustang1.jpg

Mustang2.jpg

mustang3.jpg

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Door looks way out of place... is that wrapped as well?

It's not out of place, the rear part of the front fenders has an airgap to let pressurized air get out of the front wheel well. A spinning wheel/tire creates a high pressure area behind the wheel where the fenders typically are, which causes drag. Having an outlet by pushing the fenders out wider like that does look like the door is off, but it's just to allow for an airgap since this car is more function than form.

5.0GT

Established Member
You get a solid 10 from me man, great car!

Did you track it yet? I'd be worried the whole session and let everyone pass ha

Users who are viewing this thread