2013 5.0 Build Thread - VORTECH/FORGESTAR/APR Widebody/KW V3 Coilovers and much more

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Little bit more progress today it seems. Should be almost finished by now, ready for some color:

photo19-1.gif

photo29.gif

photo35-1.gif

More updates to come, but likely after the color is all taken care of, with a photoshoot once it's all done!

Last edited:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Little bit more progress today it seems. Should be almost finished by now, ready for some color:

photo19-1.gif

photo29.gif

photo35-1.gif

photo43.gif

photo51.gif

More updates to come, but likely after the color is all taken care of, with a photoshoot once it's all done!

Sick looking can't wait to see the end results ;)

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Few more photos of it basically complete. Rear needs to be put on and then we should be all good for some color:

photo111.gif

photo211.gif

photo44.gif

YES, the mesh grill that's silver now, will be black. That's basically all I'm going to change aside from the color, I know a few guys messaged me about changing them to black, don't worry, it'll be done :)

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Might be selling the KW V3's if anybody is interested. I'm still just thinking about changing them out, I'm not 100% on the idea yet, but if anyone is interested who wants them, they haven't been driven on for very long, maybe a couple thousand miles or so. PM me offers if you're interested. Located in SoCal.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Your car, but the Shelby wide body kit looks about 300% better than this kit. My opinion of course. I just think this ties in way too many import looking characteristics, as opposed to muscle car characteristics. The cheap looking mesh grills and such just isn't my cup of tea. Some of the body lines look completely jacked (Thought I realize it isn't done.) As long as you like it that's all that matters. Just seems like alot of coin to dump to negatively effect the cars appearance.

About the only radical widebody type looking kit I can say is tasteful is the Veilside Fortune on an RX7. & It costs 15 grand. Not trying to bust your balls just my opinion.

Hope the end result it what you're looking for.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Your car, but the Shelby wide body kit looks about 300% better than this kit. My opinion of course. I just think this ties in way too many import looking characteristics, as opposed to muscle car characteristics. The cheap looking mesh grills and such just isn't my cup of tea. Some of the body lines look completely jacked (Thought I realize it isn't done.) As long as you like it that's all that matters. Just seems like alot of coin to dump to negatively effect the cars appearance.

About the only radical widebody type looking kit I can say is tasteful is the Veilside Fortune on an RX7. & It costs 15 grand. Not trying to bust your balls just my opinion.

Hope the end result it what you're looking for.

Whattodowithyouropinion-91961.png

Of course I post this up in the most loving way I possibly could. :D
:beer:

Last edited:

macbar13

Established Member
I think its gonna look badass. Maybe it would look better using purpose built grilles instead of the mesh, but other than that, nice job so far.

haVesoV777

Established Member
Great looking car dude, I think you should go with the gt500 valance if possible to give the rear end the fatter look. just my $0.02!

I noticed you're also from SoCal, I hope to see your car around!

Thalilbear02

Established Member
I think its gonna look badass. Maybe it would look better using purpose built grilles instead of the mesh, but other than that, nice job so far.

Thanks! I'm not too hot on the mesh either, but it is what it is. maybe in the future I'll look for a legit replacement for it, but for now I'll let it ride and see how it looks once it's finished.

Great looking car dude, I think you should go with the gt500 valance if possible to give the rear end the fatter look. just my $0.02!
I noticed you're also from SoCal, I hope to see your car around!

I wish I could! Before I was thinking about doing the widebody that would have been one of the things that would have gone on next along with an exhaust, but since the bumper is molded into the shape it is now, and I have no ability of changing it out, it has to stay as a dual exit. Luckily I added on the carbon fiber diffuser as an option to it, so it should liven things up a tad bit more.

Looks great! You're not leaving the lower mesh grills in that grey color are you?

No no no no, they're not staying the color they are now, they'll be painted black for sure.

So when is paint going on? Are you going back factory color or custom?

I had really thought about this one long and hard, and for the look that I want, I would want something a bit more different than a stock finish to stand out. Ultimately I want this car looking good for car shows, something that will stand out a bit more, but without being flashy. I come from a European car scene originally so I think I'll infuse some of that with the American muscle looks.

For many reasons, one of which would be ease of changing colors, the car will be vinyl wrapped. It's less expensive ultimately, but this way if I did in the future know a color I want to paint it to for sure, I could do that by just removing the vinyl and getting to it. But with the vinyl, I could remove it, and do another vinyl color if I decided to as well, to keep the car unique.

I'll be picking up the car today, and dropping it off at the vinyl wrap company, Impressive Wrap. Should hopefully be fully completed in maybe a week or so, but that's just my guess, I'm not sure how long these things take. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread