2013 2.3 GT500 Blower on Terminator?

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Anyone have information on the ability to run the 2013+ GT500 2.3 TVS stock blower on a Terminator? :shrug:

I know James Hell / Cobra Engineering sells a mounting kit. Anyone have dyno results?

Stiegemeier has a conversion kit for the 07-12 GT500 superchargers for the 03 / 04 Cobras, but anyone had the 2013 2.3 converted similar to the way the M122 is put in the M112 case?

Wondering how the performance of the stock 13 GT500 2.3 TVS blower would compare to the 2.3 VMP TVS blower?

Last edited:

suby_do

Established Member
I seen somewhere on here where a guy put the gt500 blower on the cobra engineering kit but don't remember where. The vmp tvs blowers have much bigger plenums and inlets than the ford ones and can fit smaller pulleys.

cj428mach

Established Member
I would call vmp and see if you could buy their case. If so then I'd just swap in the GT500 rotors and sell the case off to someone else for porting or something. Although at this point you could probably go get a new TVS from VMP.

20redfire03

Established Member
Since '13 TVS blower can be directily swapped to older GT500s couldnt you by the adapter plate and do the same as long as pulleys are able to lined up correctly?

TVS VERT

Established Member
an untouched 13 TVS Blower wouldnt be worth the hassle but a BPS Race Port TVS and a big monoblade would be.........thinking about running one on the orange vert

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Being the data whore that I am...u can basically call the 13/14 frpp tvs and vmp tvs a wash...which ever u can find cheapest is the way to go. Both can be ported for almost tge same gains...again...a wash. My vmp tvs is ported by me...so I have data to back it all up...my buddy has a BPS ported blower on his 13 so I've done the dirty work on this subject.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
Here is what I thought was the most obvious reason why I started this thread; cost.

13+ GT500 blower is $1,500-$1,800 vs. the VMP blower is $3,400-$4,000.

And the potential for the 13+ GT500 stock blowers to go down in price is very likely as supply increases on the market.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Here is what I thought was the most obvious reason why I started this thread; cost.

13+ GT500 blower is $1,500-$1,800 vs. the VMP blower is $3,400-$4,000.

And the potential for the 13+ GT500 stock blowers to go down in price is very likely as supply increases on the market.

The Cobra Engineering GT500 to Terminator adapter kit is $650. It is very nice and James does great work.
The inlet and elbow on the 13 unit is substantially smaller than the VMP unit.
You will need to relocate the battery.
The 13 unit will come with no warranty and no support.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I have the M122 swap kit for my car And my plan was to try and find a 13' TVS. Unfortunately the kit is just sitting in the garage and may not get installed after all.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Cobra Engineering GT500 to Terminator adapter kit is $650. It is very nice and James does great work.

Reasons why I'd rather go with the VMP TVS! :thumbsup:

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I have the M122 swap kit for my car And my plan was to try and find a 13' TVS. Unfortunately the kit is just sitting in the garage and may not get installed after all.

Would love to see what kind of numbers you put down with a 13+ blower.

Are you having difficulty finding one reasonably priced or is there something else keeping you from completing this mod?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

and extend the maf wires to the other side.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
I called Stiegmeier and they said so far there isn't a "hybrid" kit to put the 2.3 internals into the M112 housing like they have done with the M122 (07-12 GT500 stock blower).

They also mentioned the 2.3 internals would be too big to put in the M112 case.

Last edited:

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
Honestly cost is the only reason.
I have done 2 of these and both were because they got a killer deal on the 13 TVS.
The results on one of them where right in line with any TVS. The elbow is quite a bit larger on the 13-14 TVS. In fact I had to modify the cable bracket to make it work.

If you want the easy way home I can get you the VMP TVS at a good price:)

testorossa1989

Established Member
Long story short, with all the money and time you spend on making this conversion you can get a performance blower and have some money in the budget left over.

Woody6799

Established Member
there is a 72 page write up on this on modularfords.com that turned alot of non believers minds. The regular m122 with some supporting mods ran about 570 hp.

Users who are viewing this thread