2012 Gt500 low boost

Stevenochoa4

Established Member
I have a 2012 gt500 with and pmas intake, 1000cc injectors running e, uprgrsded intercooler, long tube headers, x pipe, no cats, 2.5 in pulley and 10% lower, and bap. I’m also on the stock blower. When I went to get my tune I was only seeing about 11 psi. I check vacuum leaks, boost leaks, and have a mechanical boost gauge, changed the egr valve, replaced bypass valve actuator and checked the valve itself. Also chanced the pcv valve. But the issue is that I’m still seeing low boost! I have tried everything and I’m so stumped… my tuner tried everything to get my boost up and can’t put their finger on it to see what’s wrong… vacuum on the gage is reading 20 and I’m guessing that normal.. any help would be great!

Also no belt slip bc I’ve done very thing to eliminate belt slip

stang910

Established Member
You didn't mention if the throttle body was fully opening during the pull. What kind of power did it make?

Kevinbonds

Established Member
I think your boost numbers are fine, you have removed any back pressure which would lower the boost some, but I don't think it would affect power. You might need a elbow and throttle body. I am on the 2.5 pulley, VMP elbow and throttle body, downpipes and stock exhaust. I have a VMP tune and made 560WHP and 550 TQ.

Zemedici

Established Member
dont get caught up in dyno numbers, could be 2 million things. Dyno is just a tuning tool where you can go WOT and not worry about going to jail tuning a car.

how does the car feel?

How does it run against similarly modded cars?

Stevenochoa4

Established Member
dont get caught up in dyno numbers, could be 2 million things. Dyno is just a tuning tool where you can go WOT and not worry about going to jail tuning a car.

how does the car feel?

How does it run against similarly modded cars?

Oh it runs worse than before. When I mash the throttle it’s not as reactive as it used to be with the stock pulleys and stock exhaust. My tuner has tuned a car with about the same setup and his boost numbers were around 18 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh it runs worse than before. When I mash the throttle it’s not as reactive as it used to be with the stock pulleys and stock exhaust. My tuner has tuned a car with about the same setup and his boost numbers were around 18 psi.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

either something mechanical is going on (any codes?)

or find a new tuner. Bad drivability changes things.

LMK if you need a guy.

Zemedici

Established Member
and btw just checked out black market racing's website, no mention of Ford anywhere.

In my experience, i've done better with guys who specialize in one (or at most two) makes for tuning. :)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
With a 2.40 upper, 10% lower, long tubes w/ no cats, I’m hitting 17.5 lbs of boost consistently. OP’s boost numbers are not normal.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I think your boost numbers are fine, you have removed any back pressure which would lower the boost some, but I don't think it would affect power. You might need a elbow and throttle body. I am on the 2.5 pulley, VMP elbow and throttle body, downpipes and stock exhaust. I have a VMP tune and made 560WHP and 550 TQ.

10bs seems low with a 2.5 and a lower. I think I was at 14 with a 2.4 upper. He should be around the same I would think.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
He mentions he was seeing 11lbs and also has headers and free flowing exhaust, this can bleed off a couple lbs of boost.

Users who are viewing this thread