2012+ Boss 302 Owner List

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Ken, the LS is absolutely night and day above the R. Of course, we're talking 12 years, a newer chassis, two generations of motors, etc.

It will eat up the R and spit it out, yet after driving them back to back one day, the R does it in such a raw way, and the LS with luxury.

The R is put away for a while with 39,960 miles, and the LS' first open track event is with Phoenix CMR at Watkins Glen the end of June, and maybe again in July.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
Dave, my 00R hasnt seen the track in about 4 years....in the meanwhile, I had the 08GT500 and 07GT on track (both have FRPP suspension) so I know how much more solid they are on track vs the previous chassis, night and day....the 00R is in a class of its own to drive, but as you say, 10+ years behind the present design, alot of advances and improvements between then and now....still fun and cool, but I guess we get spoiled by the new stuff....the shelby never quite did it for me, hence the trade in on the boss....still have the 07GT, but once I start driving the boss (if it ever stops raining) then it will probably go up for sale, just too many cars....maybe I'll join you at WGI with the boss!

JohnW#88

Established Member
Looks like a number of 00R owners are adding a Boss.

Placed my order a few weeks back. It's a 3rd quarter allocation, SBY LS.

Excited!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
it appeals to us for the same reasons we bought our 00R's.....naturally aspirated, decent power, somewhat limited production, except its on an improved chassis AND we get A/C and tunes! :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Looks like a number of 00R owners are adding a Boss.

Placed my order a few weeks back. It's a 3rd quarter allocation, SBY LS.

Excited!

JoeJ

Established Member
New 2013 Boss302 Laguna Seca

Well, I broke down and got a new 2013 Boss302 Laguna Seca to go with my 2012 Boss302S. I now have a nice car to drive on the street and relax a bit between times I go open tracking with the Boss302S.
See attached pictures:

Last edited:

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
Just placed an order/gave deposit for a 2013 SBY Boss! Got all the options except for the LS package. Hyped as can be about it! Supposed to be a late quarter build so I don't have a VIN or a Serial yet. I was told expect delivery around Nov, which is fine with me, I'm in the military stationed overseas so it's not like I would be driving it anytime soon. Will post as soon as I get the serial and VIN! Wifey gave me a hard time about having two Mustangs (own a modded 93 Fox) but she seems to be getting over it! She actually picked the color which was the same one I was going to get anyway, got to love her for that!

str3ck

Established Member
576726_293819694046067_100002541168147_601491_1500928784_n.jpg

2013 SBY #316

Picked her up yesterday.

JohnW#88

Established Member
it appeals to us for the same reasons we bought our 00R's.....naturally aspirated, decent power, somewhat limited production, except its on an improved chassis AND we get A/C and tunes! :lol1::lol1::lol1:

Agreed.

Not to high-jack the thread, but the 00R is what it is. Raw and as close to a factory, street legal, race car as one can get. My 00R is a forever keeper type car, but the modern performance and comfort of the Boss LS made me write the check.

In my perfect world, if the LS was a 2013 "R" model with no A/C, no radio, -3 degrees camber, big wing and a fuel cell- I'd ordered one earlier. ;-)

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
I'm curious if anyone with a 2000R has put a FTBR kit into the IRS.
The FTBR IRS kit was actually developed for a 2000R with the emphasis on tightening everything up and making it function as it should have from the factory. It has been tested not only on street driven cars, but also many tracked cars as well. There was an earlier kit available from a different supplier (not FTBR) that did not have any R&D put into it as Bruce had done, and it did not work nearly as well - poor fitment, tolerance issues, binding problems - the FTBR kit goes in and functions right the first time. I know it was successful in the 2000R (as well as many other IRS cobras) as I helped Bruce, FTBR founder, president, CEO, CFO, CBW, etc :beer: make the prototypes and initial production run pieces....he had quite a few hours and late nights (and cases of beer) invested in adjusting, perfecting, and tweaking them so they worked right....and then re-tweaking again, along with developing some kickass tools and instructions, so yes, get the kit, it works very well in the 00R and any IRS cobra :rockon:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Picked up Boss 3237 a few weeks ago. Race Red with all options. This is my 10th Mustang and I have to say, it's like no other Mustang I've ever had. Great little car.

Jason

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
Here's my 2012 Boss, #2297. So far I'm loving it. Bought it new in April.

I want to drop it a bit, no more than 0.75-1.0 in the front and 1.0-1.25 in the rear. What springs are recommended that will not hurt the handling of this car, ride quality I don't care so much....

mustang045.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread