2012 Boss 302 CJ Intake Swap Thread

EJR

Established Member
yea ideally.... finish the tune wednesday morningish. Check in to the hotel... and go from there. I have a lot to do in the 4-5 days ill be there. Hopefully see how this car can do against some quick cars... not the "sub par" cars I get accused of lining up with lol

nosscort

Established Member
yea ideally.... finish the tune wednesday morningish. Check in to the hotel... and go from there. I have a lot to do in the 4-5 days ill be there. Hopefully see how this car can do against some quick cars... not the "sub par" cars I get accused of lining up with lol

be careful they are so quick to pull people over down there for that shit and write out thousands in traffic violations.. for stupid shit like mufflers, to exhaust sound pollution, to vehicle height. etc.. they have been known to write tickets also that make you have to come back down for court a month or two later.. the leo have become brutal around the oc cruisin weekend. Maybe because half of them are kids writing the tickets lol

EJR

Established Member
be careful they are so quick to pull people over down there for that shit and write out thousands in traffic violations.. for stupid shit like mufflers, to exhaust sound pollution, to vehicle height. etc.. they have been known to write tickets also that make you have to come back down for court a month or two later.. the leo have become brutal around the oc cruisin weekend. Maybe because half of them are kids writing the tickets lol

haha i wont be doing anything around OC. OC will be where I hang out and enjoy myself ;)

itSSlow98

Established Member
None of the fast cars race in OC, plenty of other areas very close though.

EJR

Established Member
Ill mostly be going to watch the racing. I dont want to get myself in trouble that far out of state... but if the opportunity arises and I cant pass it up... im game

nosscort

Established Member
None of the fast cars race in OC, plenty of other areas very close though.

I never said race! i just siply put be careful having a good time messing around. I am very familiar with where the races go down.. And know damn near a lot of the guys who race in them!

EJR

Established Member
my car wont be out much in OC. Most of the time will be left on the trailer. Majority of my time in OC will be enjoying the show, eating, drinking, etc. I just hope the weather is good!

EJR

Established Member
Im hoping Adam gets a bit more power out of the TIVCT after 7k. Hopefully raise that dip as well.

EJR

Established Member
This is SAE smoothing 5 to show the true gains from the CJ intake.
CJGainsSAESmoothing5_zps68974af3.gif

Also for those who may assume happy dyno/etc...Here a graph comparing my car with full exhaust, air intake, tune, driveshaft to current. 430whp is a very average number for those mods (keep in mind, this is a boss. Boss intake/heads/etc).
CurrentVSBasicboltons_zpsb27a7a97.gif

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Lookin stout. Interesting that the CJ shows basically no gains over the boss intake until >4500 and then it really starts to shine. I'm curious to see if you can get the dip from 65, 7, 7500 to smooth out or if that's just a characteristic of the CJ manifold.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
This is SAE smoothing 5 to show the true gains from the CJ intake.
CJGainsSAESmoothing5_zps68974af3.gif

Also for those who may assume happy dyno/etc...Here a graph comparing my car with full exhaust, air intake, tune, driveshaft to current. 430whp is a very average number for those mods (keep in mind, this is a boss. Boss intake/heads/etc).
CurrentVSBasicboltons_zpsb27a7a97.gif

One picture shows 430 HP prior to CJ intake and the other one shows 448 prior to CJ intake... so what changed between the 430 and the 448 reading?

86merc

Established Member
One picture shows 430 HP prior to CJ intake and the other one shows 448 prior to CJ intake... so what changed between the 430 and the 448 reading?

lol I asked the same thing on FB. His reply... " the difference between the 430 and 448 was adding an electric water pump and light clutch assembly."

twistedneck

Established Member
Making good power.. we need to do something about the CJ setup causing the dip in HP in the 6500-7000 rpm range. I see a similar thing on my setup and the tune is dialed in from an air fuel perspective.

is that just a bad resonance of the intake pressure waves?

If so, can we tune it up with cam timing or something else?

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
lol I asked the same thing on FB. His reply... " the difference between the 430 and 448 was adding an electric water pump and light clutch assembly."

Seen that, just mass confusion in how to compare something.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Sorry for the confusion. I was just showing you that my car is no more then average in terms of what it has produced for hp per mod. The 430whp is with longtubes, exhaust, x pipe, tune, air intake, driveshaft. That is quite average for a Boss 302 with those mods.

That graph was posted simply to show that my car doesnt make 470+ right now from being on a "happy" dyno.

The other graph (448whp VS 470whp) is showing you JUST the intake manifold swap and how the CJ gained over the Boss

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread