EJR

Established Member
Heres all 3. Same pull
20140211_195803_zps9ef9104d.gif

20140211_195746_zps5d8ee774.gif

20140211_195734_zps17c559b6.gif

EJR

Established Member
Exactly. So your CF should be somewhere around .96 then for the SAE dyno sheet.
That's a strong combo man, get back to the track and knock out some 10s already. Good luck! :burnout:

Thanks man... 2 months till it opens !

scotmach

Established Member
Quite possibly the best looking engine bay I've seen so far.

I'm thinking there will be more and more Boss intakes for sale as time goes on with guys stepping up to the Cobra Jet intake.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Since you have a Boss, I'm guessing you still have the strut tower brace? If so, can you check how much of a margin the brace would be needed to clear the CJ mani? It just seems like it should be able to clear it and we've seen the pictures of Rev Auto with one on...

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I'm just guessing, but it may need lower motor mounts to clear the Boss STB. The Boss intake has an indention for the brace to clear, and the CJ doesn't. I'd think 1/2" would be about all you'd need though. BMR K-member with 1/2" drop motor mounts. Done! :D

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
I'm just guessing, but it may need lower motor mounts to clear the Boss STB. The Boss intake has an indention for the brace to clear, and the CJ doesn't. I'd think 1/2" would be about all you'd need though. BMR K-member with 1/2" drop motor mounts. Done! :D

I agree if you are going to road track the car you will need the brace, just get it over and drop the engine a 1/2 inch...

Straight line racing, take it off. why you wanna carry dead weight?

For show, mine fit after the swap without any changes, but I did put a thin washer under each bolt. roughly 1mm, just because I was scared if in normal driving I got foot heavy and the motor did twist a little to save it from damaging a 650 dollar piece of plastic and who know what else from a vacume leak.

Still the best, change motor height if running the bar and lower 1/2 inch

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
How much difference should I expect to see from my mods in sig, automatic GT vs. your Boss?

with your mods going from the stock intake to a cj with the right tb and air intake... I wouldnt expect more then 20whp. If you had longtubes and a boss mani already.. Id say around 15

EJR

Established Member
Im coming from a ported Boss and I am gonna expect 15-20rwhp.

After seeing what shaun picked up from porting his... Id say those are high expectations. Just dont want you being disappointed lol.

Look at Drews thread in this section for more details on gains

EJR

Established Member
Last edited:

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sweet numbers!!
Look forward to reading new kill stories in ls1tech everyone I'm awhile.. hahaha love it..
I wish my cj put out a bit more I need to do a lift more r/d with it

Are you on pump or e85?

corysmach1

Established Member
After seeing what shaun picked up from porting his... Id say those are high expectations. Just dont want you being disappointed lol.

Look at Drews thread in this section for more details on gains

Im almost positive Drew gained 12rwhp from porting alone. And he told me that through messages on facebook I will see if I can find it. Hell that one guy forget his name on here gained 10rwhp from just a bigger CAI.....they dynoed at AED.....same day same dyno literally as fast as they could switch the CAI's. We will see though.

86merc

Established Member
Im almost positive Drew gained 12rwhp from porting alone. And he told me that through messages on facebook I will see if I can find it. Hell that one guy forget his name on here gained 10rwhp from just a bigger CAI.....they dynoed at AED.....same day same dyno literally as fast as they could switch the CAI's. We will see though.

Here were the results of a stock CJ intake versus Drew's cleaned up intake on my car. Same throttle body, same tune and same day. The only changes were the intake it self.

LINK

corysmach1

Established Member
s​
Here were the results of a stock CJ intake versus Drew's cleaned up intake on my car. Same throttle body, same tune and same day. The only changes were the intake it self.

LINK

Thanks buddy! I thought I was right. 12rwhp from port work alone is amazing! Thats why I expect 15-20rwhp from the full swap! Cant wait.

86merc

Established Member
No problem. With as rough as the intake is out of the box it is not surprising the clean up helped out. As well as the smoothed and contoured fuel injector bung.

I think come spring I will finally get the car back on the dyno with Shaun's updated tune. That dyno pass was on his base tune. Then I am gonna throw on some full length headers and see what it ends up at. After that back to the track to see if I can improve on the ET.

Should be interesting to see how your combo turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread