2011 Mustang builder...build the one you want and post your price

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
:eek:
Ouch! :eek:

2011_mustang.JPG

That's just plain ridiculous. Give me a base GT500 with nothing on it for 3k more kthxbye.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
if you are going to do it...might as well do it right...here is mine. Apparently I have champaign taste on a ramen budget...
$42,419:eek:

MODELS
Premium GT 6-Speed Manual$32,845

PACKAGES

400A$0

EXTERIOR
Sterling Gray Metallic $0
No Tape Stripe $0
No Racing Stripe $0
Brembo Brake Package $1,695
Security Package $395
Glass Roof $1,995
Tape Stripe Delete $0
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio $395
HID Headlamps $525
19-Inch Dark Stainless Steel Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels $0

INTERIOR
Comfort Package $595
Electronics Package $2,340
Rearview Camera $240
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System $0
SIRIUS Satellite Radio $0
Shaker 500 Audio System $0
Voice-Activated Navigation System $0
Leather Seats $0

ACCESSORIES
Side Scoops $113
GT Decklid Trim Panel $225
Illuminated Front Door Sills $207

That's about what I priced one out at. I don't think it's a bad price considering all that you're getting.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
oh wow thats awesome i didn't know you could do it yourself. camaros i knew you could but not the stangs...

Formula51

Established Member
We get it... you like the camaro... in every 2011 GT thread you mention that it costs too much... and how superior the camaro is... well then don't buy one and go buy a car that will be out of production in a few years.

Not sure what you get. Did I ever mention the Camaro?

And FYI, I don't like the Camaro and it has never even been a questionable purchase for me. Right now I am saving for a GT500 or 04+ Viper to replace the Camaro depending on price, insurance, and family (might need a back seat here soon!).

Some of you guys have me all wrong. This is the only Camaro I have owned in my life. I am not a diehard Camaro guy by any stretch. I don't have mullet, etc. I do have long sideburns though! Why would I spend more time here than Camaro forums if I wasn't seriously interested in a Mustang.....jeez guys, let down the guard. I do my best to approach all topics as objectively as possible with hard numbers and facts (I am a mechanical engineer). But thats enough about me.

I still think the new Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. are expensive. What surprises me about the Mustang is that it was traditionally the most affordable of the bunch. Other than base model to base model, and only by a little, that is no longer the case.

Formula51

Established Member
$30,830 with a Pedestal Decklid Spoiler and the Brembos.. but are the brembos really free??

thats pretty odd...

No. They are $1,695 on the GT Premium. Why would they be free on the base model? It is either a pricing error or they are not available on the base model and the system shows them as $0 instead of unavailable.

All these $30,800 cars with Brembos are more like $32,500, which is still a pretty competitive price.

351inside

Established Member
ill be getting one hopefully late in 2012, but then again the world is going to end so who knows LOL

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I'm curiously looking into my Snover fusion powered liquid crystal ball(w/ head up display) and I'm wondering what the effect to resale value of the 2011 GTs will be when the 430hp 2012 NA, DI GTs come out...

Hmmm cheaper 2011s????:shrug:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
-snip- What surprises me about the Mustang is that it was traditionally the most affordable of the bunch. Other than base model to base model, and only by a little, that is no longer the case.

It's true, but never before has a Mustang GT had so many available options. If you want a premium interior, touch screen navigation, shaker subs, glass roof, 19inch forged alloy wheels; you're going to have to pay for it!

If you want all the performance without the fluff buy a base model with 3:73s..:shrug: The brembos aren't even really necessary unless you plan on tracking the car. The braking distances between the base and brembo package are negligible, the only big difference would be in brake fade after repeated hard braking, (2010 braked from 60mph in 108ft w/o brembos).

Plus if you shop around you can get one for under MSRP, IMO, paying MSRP for a Mustang GT is absurd, (although many will).

I do agree about the performance value of used GT500s though, as we did have that debate in another thread. :thumbsup:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I think this car is a great bargain no matter how you look at it, even a loaded model. You get great all around-performance instead of just straight-line acceleration. The equipment and interior refinement finally match the price you're paying and are comparable to much more expensive cars. Its basically a cheaper BMW M3. This works for most buyers who don't plan on modifying their cars and want something fast out of the box.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
MODELS

Premium GT 6-Speed Manual
$32,845
PACKAGES

401A
$395
EXTERIOR

Ingot Silver Metallic
$0

No Tape Stripe
$0

No Racing Stripe
$0

Brembo Brake Package
$1,695

Security Package
$395

Tape Stripe Delete
$0

3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
$395

HID Headlamps
$525

19-Inch Dark Stainless Steel Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels
$0
INTERIOR

Charcoal Black w/Cashmere Accent
$0

Premier Trim with Color Accent Stitching Package
$0

Comfort Package
$595

Electronics Package
$2,340

Rearview Camera
$240

SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System
$0

SIRIUS Satellite Radio
$0

Shaker 500 Audio System
$0

Voice-Activated Navigation System
$0

Leather Trimmed Sport Bucket Seats
$0
ACCESSORIES
None Selected
$0

COLORS
Exterior:
Ingot Silver Metallic
Interior:
Charcoal Black w/Cashmere Accent
PRICING
Base MSRP
$32,845
Total of Options
+$6,580
Total of Incentives
-$0
Destination Charges
+$850
NET PRICE *
$40,275
Monthly Payment
$695

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu it doesn't have a HUD!

kingnut

Established Member
seriously i hope no red blooded american male would pay $525 for factory installed H.I.D.'s. it way to easy to install them yourself and save $400.

Formula51

Established Member
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu it doesn't have a HUD!

Haha, you are my new favorite member. You just can't let that go huh. I think its great! I saw another post of your about it in an entirely unrelated thread. I guess it sucks when someone throws out facts and research and all you can reply with is, "well I think its gimmicky". Oh boy, got me there, can't argue with that logic.:bash:

I look forward to more great laughs in future discussions. Whether you like them or not, did I atleast get you to read up on HUD's and learn why every branch of our military uses them!?!

Did you ever wonder why the track lighting along the isleway of most movie theaters is green? I suppose that is just gimmicky too. Wouldn't have anything to do with visual guidance now would it? Nahhhhh!

Last edited:

Graves

Established Member
seriously i hope no red blooded american male would pay $525 for factory installed H.I.D.'s. it way to easy to install them yourself and save $400.

Seriously? They aren't just a cheap set of bulbs & ballasts you can get on eBay. Look at what it would cost to get a factory set of HID lamps (housings,bulbs,ballasts) on any other car they come on. $525 for everything is a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread