2011 Mustang builder...build the one you want and post your price

Hitman318

My other car is a cruiser
Established Member
I priced min out just under 31K. But I have a feeling that the Brembo brakes and 19'' wheel upgrade aint gonna be free on the base model lol. So I'm assuming a real world price of around 33K

LOLasaurus

Established Member
I priced min out just under 31K. But I have a feeling that the Brembo brakes and 19'' wheel upgrade aint gonna be free on the base model lol. So I'm assuming a real world price of around 33K

Don't know where you guys are getting this free brembo upgrade from :shrug:

When I built mine it said the brembo + 19" were a $1695 upgrade

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Nothing fancy for me:

mustangprice.jpg

Just the way I'd want it.

This is how I did up mine too.

However I would add the 14" FRPP brake kit myself thus avoiding the expense and rotating weight of 19" wheels and rubber. ($1339.00)
FRPP LINK http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/Ford_Racing_Mustang_14_inch_Brembo_Brake_Kit_p/m-2300-s.htm
I like the way the 19s look but too big heavy and expensive for me, + not needed to clear 14" brakes.
!8" tires are cheaper.

I would then buy a GT500 hood vent and install it my self and add brake cooling ducts and open track that biotch!!

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
$39,797

Grabber Blue GT Premium: 3.73's, glass roof, polished 18's, full sound system with Nav and SYNC.

Formula51

Established Member
I just built mine and instantly confirmed my desire to buy a used GT500 instead.

My 2011 Mustang GT Premium was $38,000:nonono:

GT Premium
Brembo Package
Security Package
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
HID Headlamps
Shaker 1000 Audio

For less money, I can get all these same options in a more powerful, better looking garage kept 2009 GT500 with very low mileage. The only thing I don't get is the 2010+ interior but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make to avoid the 2010+ exterior.

I think this new GT is too darn expensive. But that's just me. Or maybe a used GT500 is just one of the best deals out there.....

Formula51

Established Member
Don't know where you guys are getting this free brembo upgrade from :shrug:

When I built mine it said the brembo + 19" were a $1695 upgrade

The Brembo package shows up as $1695 if you build a GT Premium but it shows up as $0 is you build a base coupe.

This is either an error on perhaps the package is not available on the base coupe as was once thought to be the case?

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
i just built mine and instantly confirmed my desire to buy a used gt500 instead.

My 2011 mustang gt premium was $38,000:nonono:

Gt premium
brembo package
security package
3.73 rear axle ratio
hid headlamps
shaker 1000 audio

for less money, i can get all these same options in a more powerful, better looking garage kept 2009 gt500 with very low mileage. The only thing i don't get is the 2010+ interior but that's a sacrifice i am willing to make to avoid the 2010+ exterior.

I think this new gt is too darn expensive. But that's just me. Or maybe a used gt500 is just one of the best deals out there.....

+1

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
if you are going to do it...might as well do it right...here is mine. Apparently I have champaign taste on a ramen budget...
$42,419:eek:

MODELS
Premium GT 6-Speed Manual$32,845

PACKAGES

400A$0

EXTERIOR
Sterling Gray Metallic $0
No Tape Stripe $0
No Racing Stripe $0
Brembo Brake Package $1,695
Security Package $395
Glass Roof $1,995
Tape Stripe Delete $0
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio $395
HID Headlamps $525
19-Inch Dark Stainless Steel Premium Painted Aluminum Wheels $0

INTERIOR
Comfort Package $595
Electronics Package $2,340
Rearview Camera $240
SYNC® In-Car Connectivity System $0
SIRIUS Satellite Radio $0
Shaker 500 Audio System $0
Voice-Activated Navigation System $0
Leather Seats $0

ACCESSORIES
Side Scoops $113
GT Decklid Trim Panel $225
Illuminated Front Door Sills $207

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I just built mine and instantly confirmed my desire to buy a used GT500 instead.

My 2011 Mustang GT Premium was $38,000:nonono:

GT Premium
Brembo Package
Security Package
3.73 Rear Axle Ratio
HID Headlamps
Shaker 1000 Audio

For less money, I can get all these same options in a more powerful, better looking garage kept 2009 GT500 with very low mileage. The only thing I don't get is the 2010+ interior but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make to avoid the 2010+ exterior.

I think this new GT is too darn expensive. But that's just me. Or maybe a used GT500 is just one of the best deals out there.....

You did add a lot of options. How can you be surprised? :??:

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
GT Base
3.73 Rear Axle
Brembos w/19" wheels

$30,890

Great price for a 412 horsepower muscle car :beer:

chrisheltra

Established Member
Im suprised some people complain about how heavy the muscle cars are getting these days with the amount of options and huge wheels/brakes you guys would equip your mustangs with if you could.

Strip mine down and give me the smallest wheels/brakes possible. They can keep their power windows and emissions crap too if they'd like to save me a little more weight.

Formula51

Established Member
You did add a lot of options. How can you be surprised? :??:

I picked 5 options, two of which are $395 a piece and one which is only $525. Granted the Brembos and Shaker1000 are expensive.

I can definitely be surprised when a Mustang that is far from loaded (no NAV, no glass roof, no body accessories, etc.) costs $38k.

If you are buying a $38k car as a play car and not a daily driver, there are a lot of other options, such as the GT500 I mentioned or even a used 04'+ Viper for just a couple grand more for crying out loud.

Now if its a daily driver and you want a warranty, etc. then I can understand. It's still expensive though.

vertcobra99

dacube
Established Member
I picked 5 options, two of which are $395 a piece and one which is only $525. Granted the Brembos and Shaker1000 are expensive.

I can definitely be surprised when a Mustang that is far from loaded (no NAV, no glass roof, no body accessories, etc.) costs $38k.

If you are buying a $38k car as a play car and not a daily driver, there are a lot of other options, such as the GT500 I mentioned or even a used 04'+ Viper for just a couple grand more for crying out loud.

Now if its a daily driver and you want a warranty, etc. then I can understand. It's still expensive though.

We get it... you like the camaro... in every 2011 GT thread you mention that it costs too much... and how superior the camaro is... well then don't buy one and go buy a car that will be out of production in a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread