Shaun@AED

I have a cj intake and exhaust my car pulls good to 7700-7800 and shifts good in 2-3 or 3-4 but the 1-2 shift has a bobble or delay when shifted over 7500 had two different tuners and bot the same result is this a trans issue?I have a sct tuner

I found some strategies revert VCT back to Zero above 7200 shifting. And I am using SCT. Is there any solution I can do by using Advantage III to solve this problem?

I've seen both of those issues.
Can be resolved with tuning in SCT or HPT.

Randy Mcclaren

Established Member

Well maybe next will get a tune from you so hard to chose which tuner to use. Sometimes u let other people lead u to a specific tuner so it always a chance

MooDy5.0

Established Member
I Want to ask you guys, Will be there any benefit to shift past 7500+ rpm with CJ intake ? Some tuner says that will not make power after 7500!!

My car is A6

Mods : CJ intake kit, kooks headers 1-3-4 with H pipe, magnaflow axle back.

Thanks

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
I Want to ask you guys, Will be there any benefit to shift past 7500+ rpm with CJ intake ? Some tuner says that will not make power after 7500!!

My car is A6

Mods : CJ intake kit, kooks headers 1-3-4 with H pipe, magnaflow axle back.

Thanks

A CJ manifold on a stock coyote will make peak power around 6800rpm and carry it with a slight drop off until you shift. You'll need to look into cams if you want to make more power in the upper rpm range.

IMO, it's not worth getting a CJ or Boss intake if you're not revving to at least 7500. I shift at 7800.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
A CJ manifold on a stock coyote will make peak power around 6800rpm and carry it with a slight drop off until you shift. You'll need to look into cams if you want to make more power in the upper rpm range.

IMO, it's not worth getting a CJ or Boss intake if you're not revving to at least 7500. I shift at 7800.

Agreed

MooDy5.0

Established Member

Good , so why 2 of the best tuner set the shift point at 7500 ( the reason is already tested at drag, it will not make power after that ) !!!!! I have no problem to shift at around 7700 but they refuse!!!!!!!

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
Good , so why 2 of the best tuner set the shift point at 7500 ( the reason is already tested at drag, it will not make power after that ) !!!!!

No, it's still wise to rev passed 7500 with the CJ. When you shift, you'll fall into the power band quicker.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
My car loved to revert back to base when I had my bolt on setup. Weirdly enough though, it would only happen on the 3-4th. I had a Boss and it felt like it was still doing great above 7600. I think I would shift on average around 77-7800, I never really looked lol. But I know in Indy, it happened to me on my best pass I was gonna have and as soon as I nailed 3rd the car reverted, laid over, then came back alive and was fine. Shit got annoying when I'd be in a close run. I am sure it was because of the RPM flaring over 8k on the shift, but it was weird how sporadically it would do it. Never happened in a roll race, either.

jn2

Established Member
Does anyone know if they have fixed the 8k+ RPM shift issue yet?

Hptuners has already taken care of this. Download the newest version and check the "OS" tab, there you will find the option to apply the patch to your file.

I don't know why they refuse to set the shift point passed 7500 rpm and keep saying it already tested will not make power!!!!

I have mine set to 8,000rpm, not bc I plan to shift there but bc I like the extra buffer. The fat needles on these cars aren't exactly accurate, too many times I think I shifted at 7500rpm only to find out it was 7,200.

Last edited:

MooDy5.0

Established Member
Hptuners has already taken care of this. Download the newest version and check the "OS" tab, there you will find the option to apply the patch to your file.

I have mine set to 8,000rpm, not bc I plan to shift there but bc I like the extra buffer. The fat needles on these cars aren't exactly accurate, too many times I think I shifted at 7500rpm only to find out it was 7,200.

Yes sir , but they set it at 7500 even from the data logs it show 7500 I really don't know why they say it will not make power and every one knows that it will make power pass 7500

corysmach1

Established Member

Are you 100% sure they fixed the 8k+ RPM shift issue? Last I heard the shift issue is still present but you can pull it to 8500 it's the next shift where it happens.

MooDy5.0

Established Member

Shaun, could you please teach me how to solve this problem!! You tuned my car and said you can't set the shift point past 7500 because the VCT will go back to zero or something like this, also one of big tuner out there said with CJ intake and full exhaust will not make power passed 7500!! Is it true??
Thank you sir

Users who are viewing this thread