2010 FPV GT supercharged V8 ‘Coyote’ spied!

Falc'man

Turbo? WHAT turbo?
Established Member
Hey guys, down here in Australia the 2010 Falcon will need a new V8 to meet our local smog laws which take effect on 1st of July 2010. The aging 5.4 had about 425hp but the guys down here decided to make use of the Coyote that's to be released soon in your Mustang.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/32633/2010-fpv-gt-supercharged-v8-coyote-spied/

superchargedfpvgtho.jpg

A deafening whine made the ears of our spy photographer prick up, that deafening whine was the sound of a supercharged V8 Falcon.

Before the car scurried off into the distance, our photographer was able to snap some shots of what could possibly be Ford’s latest attempt at slaying Holden’s HSV offerings.

With over 60 per cent of FPV sales leaning toward the V8 engine, FPV has been desperately in need of an engine capable of taking on the ever expanding offerings from HSV.

2010 Supercharged FPV GT Coyote V8 - Project Miami

Up until now, Ford haven’t attempted to do anything too serious to the current 5.4-litre ‘BOSS’ V8. The reason behind the delay is the impending Euro4 emissions cut-over, due on July 1 next year. The current BOSS V8 will not meet the Euro4 standards, meaning there is little point doing any further work on it.

Instead, insiders have told CarAdvice that Ford Australia will use a US-sourced 5.0-litre V8. Featuring 32-valves and an aluminium block, the engine will be significantly lighter than the current offering.

The best news of all though is that we believe FPV is strapping a supercharger to the engine to give it the extra kick in the pants needed.

Although Ford are being very cagey about the work on the new engine, our spy photographer says that this thing was fast, very fast. It accelerated from a standing start not far from where he was and he said that not only was the supercharger whine loud, the acceleration was phenomenal.

2010 Supercharged FPV GT Coyote V8 - Project Miami

As you can see from the photographs, a small section of the car-bra has a large intake for the supercharger.

FPV General Manager, Rod Barrett indicated in a previous press conference that FPV would assemble the engine locally - much like the current ‘BOSS’ arrangement. This would give FPV, which has codenamed its project Miami, the perfect chance to attach a supercharger to really get things moving.

We can expect the upcoming GT to give the HSV Clubsport and GTS a decent run for its money. The engine, code named Coyote, should produce at least 300kW. From there, the supercharger should help it bring power and torque up to HSV beating levels.

CarAdvice will keep you posted as news comes to hand. Miami, here we come!

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Falcon is direct competition for the G8 which means we need it here.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
honestly if you think of it this way, the next GT will be the new Terminator, because the old one was made to smoke the camaro, and thats what the new 5.0 GT will do, smoke the camaro :rockon:

Falc'man

Turbo? WHAT turbo?
Established Member
too bad we will never see on here
Are you talking about the car or the motor? The car is a "maybe" in the future, not soon though. With the motor however you'll have so many variations of it that it will bring many back to driving Fords.

supercarkiller said:
knowing ford
This is a "new Ford". Things have changed at the helm, you'll no longer see the backwards attitude that had almost sent them broke.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Aussie Falcon has always been an awesome sedan. A shame it never made it over to the good old USA. This is an awesome car IMO. I like it better than the upcoming new Taurus. At least from what I've seen thus far.

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
The motor is supposed to be in the '12 GT500

The car would be nice, but I doubt it will ever see these shores.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
honestly if you think of it this way, the next GT will be the new Terminator, because the old one was made to smoke the camaro, and thats what the new 5.0 GT will do, smoke the camaro :rockon:
i don't see it anything like that. The GT is for the masses, regardless if it beats the Camaro at anything, and the Cobra (Terminator, Condor, whatever)
is a premium product. I don't think anything that beats a Camaro should be considered a "Terminator".

Falc'man

Turbo? WHAT turbo?
Established Member
The motor is supposed to be in the '12 GT500

The car would be nice, but I doubt it will ever see these shores.
I'm not disagreeing with you but just asking; how certain are you of the 2012 comment? Any reason why it isn't scheduled for an earlier time frame for the GT500?

Pontiac will be gone by 2010......
Yes. However, although unlikely at this stage, you may still see it (VE Commodore) under a different (to Pontiac) brand in the GM range.

The Aussie Falcon has always been an awesome sedan. A shame it never made it over to the good old USA. This is an awesome car IMO. I like it better than the upcoming new Taurus. At least from what I've seen thus far.
If Ford's fortunes improve you will see the GRWD program taken off hold, which means you may get the Falcon's architecture, or even the whole car with some cosmetic surgery.

Last edited:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
i don't see it anything like that. The GT is for the masses, regardless if it beats the Camaro at anything, and the Cobra (Terminator, Condor, whatever)
is a premium product. I don't think anything that beats a Camaro should be considered a "Terminator".

I agree. At the end of the day, a GT is a GT. If they bring back the Cobra, which I doubt they will, that will be a glorious day lol.

There is no point in having a GT, Cobra and GT500. I'd like to see Cobra come back and replace the GT500.

Users who are viewing this thread