2010+ Emblem on my CO

Comp281

Established Member
I bought a spare 03-04 pony emblem from a member on here, removed the pony, modified the bracket, and put the 2010+ pony on there. The new pony is roughly 25% larger. I think it fills the space nicely. I still like my old emblem and may switch from time to time. What do you think?

10_13_emblem_01_zpsa8c091bb.jpg

10_13_emblem_02_zps43295cd1.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
The scale, and black chrome finish looks good. I'm still partial to the snake because it's a "Cobra", but if I was going to rock the running horse, I would go that route.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looks pretty nice. Did you consider using a 2007+ snake emblem?

Comp281

Established Member
Looks pretty nice. Did you consider using a 2007+ snake emblem?

Yes. I did think about that as an option. It is pretty tall for the opening and I don't think it fits very well. I've always though that because of the open space of our grill, that the pony worked well to fill it in. Now that I have the dark emblem in there, I miss the flames on my old emblem. The car is bright and I'm not sure if I like the look of the dark emblem. I might explore painting it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes. I did think about that as an option. It is pretty tall for the opening and I don't think it fits very well. I've always though that because of the open space of our grill, that the pony worked well to fill it in. Now that I have the dark emblem in there, I miss the flames on my old emblem. The car is bright and I'm not sure if I like the look of the dark emblem. I might explore painting it.

I agree about it being too tall. The pony is actually a bit large, proportional to the opening, but better than the stocker. What is really needed is a pony and snake in-between the two that are now used. Unfortunately, nobody has done it as not enough could likely be sold to recoup the tooling/manufacturing costs plus Ford's licensing. So it's always going to be a choice between the two. The more I look at your first photo, the more I like it. :thumbsup:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
My God is that huge.

I went with the bigger style Cobra, the one others are running is too tiny. Look at post 12 to compare to mine. Notice the huge gap between the top and bottom on post 12.

NewCobraGrille-vi.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread