2009 F350 V10 First impressions

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've posted up some information on my new F350 with a V10 over on CoalRollers.com
Anyone with a SVTP username/password can login to that site and check it out!

CLICK BELOW:
First Impressions 2009 F350 V10 Lariat - CoalRollers.com

DSC03594.JPG

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Good write-up.

+1. I've driven a 2008 model, but with the 6.4L TT diesel. It really is quiet inside and VERY comfortable. Very easy to maneuver for such a big beast too.

Another advantage to the V10 is that you can make them sound like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSVMzaI3GME]YouTube - my 99 v10 exhaust[/ame]

Birdys03Cobra

Established Member
Not a big fan of the exterior on this truck, not sure why, idk maybe i need to adjust to it. The interior is MUCH improved from before. I have a 2005 F-350 Powerstroke, i love the thing, im a big fan of diesel because of the ability to haul and tow anything "V-10 is good as well" but other than that, Ford makes a very good truck, i have chipped it, and put dual exhaust on it, the turbo whistles soooo loud, and power output on the "edge" chip is amazing, i jumped up 110 hp, just on the chip.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Good looking truck. So when you gonna step up and get one Travis?

I'm shooting for this spring.

+1. I've driven a 2008 model, but with the 6.4L TT diesel. It really is quiet inside and VERY comfortable. Very easy to maneuver for such a big beast too.

Another advantage to the V10 is that you can make them sound like this:

YouTube - my 99 v10 exhaust

They have an exotic sound, definitely not like a V8.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Man that thing looks pretty quick and sounds good! Quicker than the 08 Stroker I test drove! Ill admit, I was skeptic, but now Im impressed.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Man that thing looks pretty quick and sounds good! Quicker than the 08 Stroker I test drove! Ill admit, I was skeptic, but now Im impressed.

SID297 and I went out testing these vehicles in 08... we went from 250's to 350's, diesel, and then to a V10.. for my purposes..the V10 wins hands down. :rockon:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We used to get lifted V10s with exhaust in on trade when I worked at a dealership and we used to pull them into the bay and just rev them up for a few minutes cause the sound was so awesome with exhaust.

I really haven't heard any V8 that sounds better than the Triton V10. It's so smooth and light sounding but still has the sound of power.

Ironhand

Banned
This may be slightly off topic but does anyone have power numbers for any of the V-10s with and without a power adder? A built newer V-10 with a large whipple or a turbo would be interesting to see but I havent seen any power numbers for that combo yet,

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This may be slightly off topic but does anyone have power numbers for any of the V-10s with and without a power adder? A built newer V-10 with a large whipple or a turbo would be interesting to see but I havent seen any power numbers for that combo yet,

According to Ford, stock they have 362hp and 457ft/lbs trq.

I saw the gains with a Novi 2000 and it was +120hp and +80ft/lbs at like 3k RPM.

It would be a sweet project for a Stang like those two engineers did at Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread