2006 Eclipse

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
That 3.8L v6 must be pretty damn near maxed out if it's N/A pushing 260hp/260tq. What will the specs be of the 4banger eclipse?

RyMac

Established Member
Aerosi665 said:
That 3.8L v6 must be pretty damn near maxed out if it's N/A pushing 260hp/260tq. What will the specs be of the 4banger eclipse?

Yeah, that is not bad for a V6.

EDIT: The 4 also has MIVEC and 165/162 which is a good improvement. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RyMac

Established Member
00StangGT said:
1.) ugly as sin
2.) heavy as hell...32xx pounds (more then a new MGT I know)
3.) aenmic/weak V6 as top engine
4.) did I mention it was ugly?

How is 263hp/260lbs tq from a SOHC 3.8L V6 weak? Hell, the new Mustang looks anemic and weak compared to that and people rave about the improved V6 on the Mustang.

Plus 0-60 in 5.8 is WAY faster than any other eclipse, including the GSX. So weight isn't really a strong argument when compared with other generations. ANd looks, well, we all know how that goes. ;-)

EDIT: Hell, thats more hp from a 3.8 then the old 4.6 which has almost an entire litre of displacement and 2 extra cylinders. :shrug:

Last edited:

RyMac

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Agreed. I just meant the 1/4 mile times and 0-60 times were pretty close the the Cobalt, not hp.

You're right, the 1/4 time was but not the mph. 101mph means there is a LOT of room for improvement. They said in that article that the tires sucked, and i believe it because the 3rd gens tire were also horrible. :shrug:

Wish Mitsu wasn't so non performance oriented. That thing should have a limited slip option, an all wheel drive option, and weigh at least 200 lbs less. Then there sales would destroy all the RSX type cars on the market.

But that's why Mitsu's loosing it's ass.

96SVT_2_NV

Established Member
3570 pounds!!!!! and a loaded GT goes for $27,000

why would ANYONE buy this car, unless its the 17 year old daughter of rich parents

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
I'd hit it. :thumbsup:

I don't care for the low power/weight ratio or the FWD, but it does look sexy. I wouldn't choose it over a Cobra, but it would make a nice daily driver.

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
I like the old eclipses better, and this NEW eclipse should not be even called an eclipse!! They should bring out a new production name, and retire" eclipses for good!

quad

Established Member
xl2ockl3ottomx said:
I don't like the futuristic look cars that most manufacturers are making. The sweeping curves just don't appeal to me. The new mustang is about where I can stretch my limits to. But that's just my opinion and a good friend once told me that opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and most of them stink.

:fart:
Most of them stink? All of them stink!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I think I saw one of the limited edition JELLY BELLY Eclipse running around town. I think this one was apple flavored.

BlakHrse95

Established Member
As I said earlier in the thread, I live in the town where the Mitsu's are made, and had seen a new red eclipse driving around a few weeks ago. Well, tonight, while I was outside taking pics of the Mach, my neighbor, who happens to work at the plant pulls up in this.
IMG_0791.gif

IMG_0790.gif

IMG_0789.gif

Would be a good girls car, and I am sure the ricers will go crazy with them. :shrug:

2814v

Established Member
I think it looks better then the old eclipes, but thats not saying too much. Since I did'nt care for the old ones at all. The front needs something looks unfinished, if you know what I mean.

Users who are viewing this thread