2006 Cobra Info "StreetMare?"

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Re: 06 Cobra

Originally posted by n03cobra
Rev;
I apreciate the inside line!
I can see the next Cobra with a blown 5.4. Imagine, the next Cobra for the limited enthusiast that in stock trim, out run the stock Vette! And for less money! Isn't that what the 03 did? The 5.4 is the logical next level in performance. It won't be a saddle bred Mustang for the family. It will be a full on RACE HORSE for guys like us! If you'll drop 35 to 40K for a 03,04 Cobra, then you'll be tickeled fartless to go 40K plus for the next generation Cobra! Especially if it will bitch slap a C6 Vette! What do you think the price tag will be for the C6?
The Wheels are already turning in my Blue Oval mind!
Keep'm Rollin Rev!
:beer:

I actually just starting crying after reading that. My sides hurt from laughing that hard.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
What I would do for a Supercharged 5.4, ahhhh, ah well, time will tell.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Hey Rev, Thanks a ton man. I believed you from the get go, I also know that you are secretly Bill Ford talking on a car forum....er John Colleti....Jack Roush.....Hhahaha. Anyway, i guess you fixed jwfishers wagon eh? Nah, seriously though I really appreciate you being generous enough to share this kind of news with us. I knew that you were for real when you just gave us hard facts and not styling type stuff or concrete for sure exact things that were going to come to production. The picture just proves my theory even farther that Ford is going to be testing the heck out of this new Cobra so that there won't be as many costly TSB issues. In the mean time they are going to try and create alot of hype, and excitement, by doing "alien" sittings. Gotta remember guys, this isn't a secret we know that it is comming it is just a matter of time, and to keep something like that completely under wraps makes no sense, because then nobody knows what is so great about it. Please keepem comming man, I will post up a link to this in the 05 forum, as well as a thread called 2006 Cobra (street mare) watch.

jwfisher

Banned
Fixed my wagon?
I don't think so.... all I see here is a poseur with a camera, and if his claims have any basis at all then I see a loser with a serious legal problem. These types of test cars are all over the place, everybody knows that. You can see them all over the country. There's a Lincoln LS running around Dearborn with a large hood scoop just like this, it is a common practice. All it means is that the engine is taller than stock, approaching the height of the hoodline or perhaps slightly over.

But any guesses as to what is actually under the hood are just that.

Alien sittings
- get a spell checker dude. Aliens don't sit down, they fly overhead and abduct fat kids like you who don't have a life.

As for TSB issues, I agree - as I've said all along Ford did a lousy job engineering some respcts of the '03 and the next car needs to be a lot better. Not a product of early '70s design.

The existence of a future Cobra isn't a secret, and nobody ever said it was. Ford has said it themselves. But until it actually shows up in production specs there is no final word on the subject.

Last edited:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Holy Shi#t how did you know I was fat and had no life.....? I guess we both are since you replied whithin 5 seconds of me posting this. Now if you excuse me I have to go find my damn spell checker, my twinkies, and my life since I seem to have lost it. JW if you want a flame find another thread, or start one in smack down that says "I am an ass and want to wreak havoc on someone elses thread". I don't need to be spell checked every time I make a post, hell I just got in from a damn 7:00 class. Besides the fact that the last time I checked the spell check police weren't up this early. If you have a bone to pick don't do it in here, or even on the internet.....read the avatar bud I am the THE internet tough guy not you.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
djt81185 knows his info......let me try to decipher here:

4.............valve heads?

Condor.....is the new codename?

11s...........what it will run stock?

How'd I do?

jwfisher

Banned
Originally posted by Whitten
I am the THE internet tough guy not you.
Now I'm worried... worried that you might run me down w/your old chevy pickup truck. Note that it's a Z-71, not an average chevy...

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Well that really hurts from a self admitted Computer geek.

Location Austin, TX
Interests
Occupation Computer Geek
Add jwfisher to Your Buddy List Add jwfisher to Your Ignore List

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Yeah I went ahead and registered over there, because the pictures he has are gold. Gotta love a little spy work, but I wonder how long it will take Ford to change their patterning....or maybe they won't because they want the people to see it. I imagine it is the latter, as they would be driving it in plain daylight in traffic if that wasn't the case.

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Well.. I just offered everyone on Naplesracing.com $100 if they find me the 06 Cobra. Thanks for the info!! :) If its there, someone will find it.. I believe a member named DaZulu mentioned seeing a heavily badged up 05 Mustang GT... But why would a Mustang GT be badged up if its already released? Hmmmmm

ahahaha, blades thats awesome! :rockon:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Re: Re: 06 Cobra

Originally posted by Tranzlucent
I actually just starting crying after reading that. My sides hurt from laughing that hard.

Actually, thats not too far fetched beleive it or not. From a family source that works at a Ford testing facility up near Detroit the word is an AWD V10.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
AWD 10? Well, its not what we saw that day they were NVH'ing, but that would rock also :rockon:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
I do believe its already been proven in another forum that the pictures is PS, it just dont look real. Take a look at the left fog light, its smeared, i wish i could remember what site i saw that on!

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Its a legit picture, and wasn't doctored, to many locals in Naples obviously can substantiate it. Blades also knows the guy.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Its a legit picture, and wasn't doctored, to many locals in Naples obviously can substantiate it. Blades also knows the guy.

Users who are viewing this thread