2006 Cobra Info "StreetMare?"

I8URVETT

Established Member
yea that will run around 50K I bet, no 35k price tag on that cobra--great another car I am going to want:bash:

chiliman

Established Member
If this thing comes out in mid '05 you know everyone's looking at a 10,000 markup. Think of all those people who bought their '03 in mid 2002. And there's no doubt you're looking at a 40K+ sticker.

How many people in mid 2006 will be saying " I can't believe I paid $53,000 for this car!"

Randy

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
I think it's interesting that people are excited about a possible 5.4 motor when the 4.6 can already make more power than people can use, dragstrip notwithstanding. If I were to buy one I would rather it have the 4.6 to make the car as light as possible. The cobra doesn't need more motor, it needs less weight so it handles better. Some may want 500hp with a warranty. Evenso, I would rather Ford give me something light and I'll mod it to make it fast enough. I'd much rather have a 3,400lb car with the 4.6 than a 4,000lb car with the 5.4. But that's just me.

Blades

Established Member
Some guy claims to have seen the cobra.. We're working on tracking it down on naplesracing.com :) Come over there and see if this kid's pics are real. Because he did post pics.. Cammo'd and uncammo'd. I think its just the 05 Mustang GT.

Pretty soon I'll have a video :D jk jk

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
Some guy claims to have seen the cobra.. We're working on tracking it down on naplesracing.com :) Come over there and see if this kid's pics are real. Because he did post pics.. Cammo'd and uncammo'd. I think its just the 05 Mustang GT.

Pretty soon I'll have a video :D jk jk

I guess you have to be a registered user to access the forums...:shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks again Rev for the info. Funny how upset some people get when you post information that can't be absolutely substantiated. Heck, I read information every month in various car magazines that isn't necessarily substantiated and might ultimately be shown to be an incorrect rumor. Do I care? Nope. It still makes for interesting reading. What is a fact today can end up to be something different a year from now. And it generates some great conversation. Rumor or facts, it makes for great expectations for the future. Thanks again buddy!
:beer:

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Let me get this straight, the Cobra will be getting the same engine as the $150,000 Ford GT and at 1/4 the price. Use your noggin and exert some common sense before posting dreams beyond the realm of financial feasibility. Ford will milk the most out of the current engine by carrying it over as long as possible. It makes no economic sense whatsoever to immediately transfer the technology from their newly christened GT supercar into the everyday man's Mustang. This would incense GT owners, not to mention 03-04 Cobra owners.

Last edited:

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
The price differential on those 2 sets of vehicles is much closer and the SRT-10 & GTO respectively received Viper and LS1 powerplants after being available for many years on sibling vehicles, not just one. So perhaps down the road the Ford GT powerplant will make it to the Mustang but certainly not in the near future.

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
It makes no economic sense whatsoever to immediately transfer the technology from their newly christened GT supercar into the everyday man's Mustang. This would incense GT owners, not to mention 03-04 Cobra owners.

Actually, economically it makes a lot of sense. What doesn't make sense economically is to build a motor that will only be used in a few cars. Ford can't afford to do that. Remember, the N/A 4.6 32v motor was in a number of other Ford products. And at the time it was Ford's hi-performance motor. It may indeed make some GT owners upset. Personally, I'd rather see a lighter car perhaps with an upgraded blower and rate it at 450hp or something. Keep the pricing at what a "working man"can afford. That's the idea behind the mustang. We'll see.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Quiet everyone, the Supra owner has spoken.

SnakeSkinner care to make a bet, lets say a cash bet? I'm up for it. $2000.00 cash says I can pretty much prove what I saw.

If your in, lets do this. We will find a mediator that will hold my cash money, and then yours. Winner takes the pot.

You and me. I am serious for the record.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by SHOLANDO
You mean like the $80,000 Viper and the $40,000 SRT-10 Truck?
or the $55,000 Vette and the $32,000 GTO (Don't they share the same basic engine - but de-tuned a little?)
That is a great example. And true! :thumbsup:

04Screamer

Established Member
John Coletti is on record saying he is targeting the Viper and the Z06.

And if the price will be comparable as well, it will be more than most of us want to spend.

Also, think about how much different the Mustang GT concept was than the production version.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
If I am not mistaken didn't Rev say that it was the 3 valve mill? # valves are not the same as a 4 valve, and snake skinner needs to take a look at the GT to see that it is indeed a 4 valve. Besides the fact that 3 years ago ther was no way in hell that Ford would ever put a supercharger on a munstang....it wasn't economicly right for them to have a car that could our run their special projects...mach one or even there Cobra R. Why would Ford want to out run their beloved R with a next year production level Cobra.....simple people like to go fast and will gladly lay down the petty some of 34,000 to do so especially when there everyday mans mustang has more power than the noblilities Z06.

n03cobra

Established Member
06 Cobra

Rev;
I apreciate the inside line!
I can see the next Cobra with a blown 5.4. Imagine, the next Cobra for the limited enthusiast that in stock trim, out run the stock Vette! And for less money! Isn't that what the 03 did? The 5.4 is the logical next level in performance. It won't be a saddle bred Mustang for the family. It will be a full on RACE HORSE for guys like us! If you'll drop 35 to 40K for a 03,04 Cobra, then you'll be tickeled fartless to go 40K plus for the next generation Cobra! Especially if it will bitch slap a C6 Vette! What do you think the price tag will be for the C6?
The Wheels are already turning in my Blue Oval mind!
Keep'm Rollin Rev!
:beer:

djt81185

Established Member
Rev...thanks for posting this...I'll pass what i know

Everything he has said so far is true

though here is what ill add

Condor

11s

Last edited:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I have heard that Ford has been breaking the suspension on the 05 GT during testing. They are addressing the problem, so if this cobra is a powerful as we are all hearing, I would bet that they would have to address the halfshafts on that as well. So hopefully they won't be as weak as those on the current cobras.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
06CobraSpyPhoto.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread