2006 Cobra Info "StreetMare?"

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
2006 Cobra Specs:

Engine: 5.4 Forged

Body Stance: 05 Mustang Body, mean looking raised hood

Blower: yes, black, couldn't make out the brand, supposedly still negotiating between Eaton and Whipple

HP / Torque: 500hp, TQ unknown

Valves: ambiguous answer, I suspect 4valve would have received a yes, but question was avoided.

Dont shoot the messenger. More information to follow. Was present to view what was allowed from arms length. Car was drapped in mutli-tones and multi-patterned material, no emblems present.

Last edited:

Juiced-03

Established Member
5.4 4 valve with a whipple or twin screw Eaton would be the ultimate Cobra to mod.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I can tell you verbatim, it was a forged 5.4 with a blower.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
I can confirm Ford is now negotiating with Whipple to buyout the VAS on all the 2.3 Whipples. This I heard from one shop, and then today confirmed by, well in person without me even bringing up the subject.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
FORSALE: 2003 Cobra Zinc Yellow Factory Spoiler Delete/Chrome Wheels. 416 miles....stock.....or trade for 2006 Cobra Mustang :D

CuL8TeR

Banned
This is nonsense. Ford hasn't even decided on an engine yet for the 2006. I have a friend that is an engineer for Ford and he tells me that they are still working on details in regards to the 06 cobra motor. Nothing has been confirmed hence why this is nonsense to post verbatim hearsay from some salesman that whispered in your ear.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by HotRodHarry
FORSALE: 2003 Cobra Zinc Yellow Factory Spoiler Delete/Chrome Wheels. 416 miles....stock.....or trade for 2006 Cobra Mustang :D

No Shit- right Harry!

I swore up and down this was a keeper. Good thing is we have 2 summers of our car being the latest from SVT.

I heard from Dustin Whipple that they were already chosen for the next SVT mustang and it was a done deal??? Guess it's too early either way??

Rog

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by CuL8TeR
This is nonsense. Ford hasn't even decided on an engine yet for the 2006. I have a friend that is an engineer for Ford and he tells me that they are still working on details in regards to the 06 cobra motor. Nothing has been confirmed hence why this is nonsense to post verbatim hearsay from some salesman that whispered in your ear.

Whatever you say bud, whatever you say ;)

For everyone else, aside from this hater, I stick to my original post, period.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by Wilson & Co
No Shit- right Harry!

I swore up and down this was a keeper. Good thing is we have 2 summers of our car being the latest from SVT.

I heard from Dustin Whipple that they were already chosen for the next SVT mustang and it was a done deal??? Guess it's too early either way??

Rog

Dustin is correct, Ford is definitely negotiating with whipple on their blowers, this is a fact. They are negotiating a blower for the engine that does not exist according to the newbie 3 posts up.

:rollseyes

Last edited:

CuL8TeR

Banned
Originally posted by Rev
Whatever you say bud, whatever you say ;)

For everyone else, aside from this hater, I stick to my original post, period.

Hater? lol ok know it all you are right everyone else is wrong. The 06 Cobra is 2 years away. I know you are all excited cause you broke out with gossip on the 06 Cobra. :bowdown:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
That’s right, get the same supercharger that’s utilized on the new Ford GT and the 06’ Lighting and Mustang Cobra. With the industries largest, most efficient, latest designed twin-screw superchargers, the Whipple can produce incredible power levels with the stock 4.6L Cobra engine. Run 8-15psi of boost on pump gas and have the ability to produce nearly 25psi for racing applications.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Originally posted by CuL8TeR
Hater? lol ok know it all you are right everyone else is wrong. The 06 Cobra is 2 years away. I know you are all excited cause you broke out with gossip on the 06 Cobra. :bowdown:

Yes, I did. And I got an erection also, want to see?

Contribute to the thread, or get out newbie. I dont need to listen to any salesrep, I know what I know, take it or leave it. oh and for the record, I know 2 Ford engineers. And a slew of other support people for Ford, and you know what, woopdy doo.

I dont give 2 cents what you think, I know what I know, and the people I associate with know what they know, from a design and engineering standpoint as well.

You actually think the 2006 Cobra isnt already laid out, oh man...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread