2005 Mitsubishi Evolution MR | Retro Review

robvas

Established Member
I bought a 2002 Camaro instead of an EVO (whatever number they were that year)

Have you priced those lately? Yikes.

jrandy

Established Member
One of my top five favorite cars I've owned. Wish I would have held onto it... Between my MR SE and 03 Cobra, I can't figure out which one I kick myself more for selling.

Sprchd83

Established Member
I miss mine. Had an '03 8 with some upgrades. Got rid of it in '11 because of having kids, house, etc. It was a fun car. Fun in the snow too. Quick, but attracted too much bad attention at the time. Too many ratty Civics and SRT 4s always wanting to race. Attention from cops, etc. While I do miss it, glad I have my 03 Terminator at this point in life.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I well remember this bad boy back in 2003-2004. Evos deserved, and got, deep respect on the street.

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
I have owned 5 of them, and loved every one. This is the one I kept, an 04RS built by David Buschur. It was built for track days, but with the values now, and it only having 50k miles, I am taking it out of storage and putting the interior, AC, and stereo back in it for driving to car shows etc. Of all the cars i have owned or tracked, note my signature, these are still the purest I have ever driven or tracked. The only other one I wish I had back was my mint Evo X MR, that AMS built for me. It was so nice to drive, and I'd love to have it now to drive around town as a daily. It doesn't have the 850whp the RS does, but w/ 400whp, it was properly quick.

Attachments

• EvoLife.jpeg
    EvoLife.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 56
  • GTREVO..jpeg
    GTREVO..jpeg
    344.7 KB · Views: 61

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have owned 5 of them, and loved every one. This is the one I kept, an 04RS built by David Buschur. It was built for track days, but with the values now, and it only having 50k miles, I am taking it out of storage and putting the interior, AC, and stereo back in it for driving to car shows etc. Of all the cars i have owned or tracked, note my signature, these are still the purest I have ever driven or tracked. The only other one I wish I had back was my mint Evo X MR, that AMS built for me. It was so nice to drive, and I'd love to have it now to drive around town as a daily. It doesn't have the 850whp the RS does, but w/ 400whp, it was properly quick.

RS's pretty much do not exist anymore. I NEVER see them for sale and look almost every week.

T76 Mach

Established Member
Funny story about when I bought my 03 Cobra off the lot back in 2002.My brother worked at a Mitsu dealer ship and I worked at a Ford dealership.Long story short we both happen to be out on a PDI test drive when we found out which car I should buy next :cool: Altough the Evo left me at the light.The Cobra made up for it on the big end.Looking back I dont think I would have been unhappy with either purchase tho

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Awesome cars. I remember seeing these everywhere and now I never see them. My buddy had an Evo IX RS, gutted, and making around 850hp. Would take it to half mile and mile races. Very badass.

Articles like this bring the tidalwave of nostalgia. Back in my mid 2000s high school days, it was Mustang or nothing. Now, every enthusiast car I used to clown on (Evo, 4th Gen Camaro, GS-R & Type R Integra, etc) I want to have in my driveway!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Its crazy how these have gone up in value and the terminator cobras are still cheap. obsessed garage paid 76k for his low mile evo. Insane!

ArabianOak

Established Member
Mitsu has really fallen since these days. Hard to believe they let something this good go away. Chevy drags the camaro back each year just for the name, why didnt Mitsu do that with the EVO? Can you imagine a modern version of this?

robvas

Established Member
I didn't feel that bad after running into one at the track but I still wish I had bought one...both cars has < 2k miles on them at this time

Users who are viewing this thread