2003 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Coupe - 15k, built motor, true forged, very clean!

bubbrubb

Well, it looks like I am going to have to list this publicly now – the buyer for my car has just backed out for his own financial reasons today.

The car is 1 of 365 Torch Red 10th anniversary edition coupes, with 15,293 miles on it.
sold

Pictures to keep your attention:
Front 3/4:
3608160025_168f6def11_z.jpg

Rear 3/4:
3608982274_40a25ab916_z.jpg

Engine Bay:
4691144224_a7ef3fef41_z.jpg

Interior:
3893414007_1121bedda8_z.jpg

Here is a link to MANY more and higher resolution images: 10th AE Terminator - a set on Flickr

With this asking price, ALL factory parts can be included to your likings. I’ve always been extremely particular with the car, so I would prefer if the factory parts stay with the car, but maybe that’s just me.

The car is extremely clean top to bottom and has been meticulously cared for, by myself as well as its previous owners. You will not find a cleaner 10th, and will be very hard pressed to find a cleaner terminator. It has been featured in nationally run Nitto advertisements, the 2010 SVTPerformance calendar as the June feature car (http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/road-side-pub-17/607181-2010-svtp-calendar-winners.html), as well as taking 2nd place in the cobra coupe division at the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals in 2010 (largest Ford show in the world). The car is a real head turner, both when driving and sitting still. Over the past few months I’ve taken the time to fully detail the car again to an extreme degree, so there will be no disappointments when you see the condition of the car. I’m very proud of the car, and I’m sad to sell it, but I’m going to be going to dental school next year and there just simply will not be any time for it in my life anymore.

The one “issue” that some of you might notice is that the car has a rebuilt motor at such low mileage. The car developed some smoke after I had the long tube headers installed and the car retuned @ 13,250 miles or so. To cut a long winded story of problem chasing short, the car had detonation under WOT and developed some smoking/oil consumption. Neither I nor the car guys I know had ever suspected that it would have had detonation on the pistons to the degree it did. The heads are in great shape and did not suffer any damage. The smoking/consumption problem was the direct result of the detonation, and while the block was barely within tolerance, my engine builder Tim Rodeheaver had recommended we get the motor bored 0.020 over and new pistons for an essentially ‘fresh’ motor. All Ford OEM parts were used in the rebuild, aside from the upgrading to the Diamond Racing pistons over the weak factory pistons.

I am the third owner of the car, and I have the title in hand. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA and will be happy to do my best to accommodate long distance buyers.

The modifications are as follows:
Original motor rebuilt built by Tim Rodeheaver using all OEM hardware @~13,800 miles
Motor bored 0.020 over with Diamond Racing -15cc dished pistons
Dyno tuned by Street Lethal Performance (506rwhp/521rwtq)
Stiegemeier Stage IV Ported/Painted Blower
Riechard Racing 2.80 aluminum non-slip upper S/C pulley
BilletFlow IRS Differential Brace (Blue)
Accufab S/C Plenum
Kenne Bell /Accufab “Big Oval” Throttle Body
Kenne Bell boost-a-pump
DiabloSport MAFia
SCT handheld
60# Ford Racing injectors
160* Thermostat
LFP C&L Tru-Flow Intake Tube
LFP 10” Power Stack Filter & adapter
LFP 4lb. Lower Pulley
LFP 3.2 Alternator Pulley
LFP Intercooler Reservoir
LFP Radiator Reservoir
LFP Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
LFP Head cooling mod
MAC Ceramic Coated Long Tubes
Lethal Performance Catted X pipe
Borla Stinger Cat-Back (semi polished)
MGW Billet Shifter w/ Tri-Axe handle
Ford GT Cam Covers
Ford GT Coil Covers
BilletFlow 4 piece Idler Pullies (silver)
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors
Hawk HPS brake pads front and rear
18x9/18x10.5 3 piece True Forged Mach 5 wheels (satin black w/ polished lip, front has big brake cut for a small lip, the rear has the largest lip available for the width)
Powdercoated & engraved caps (satin black w/ cobra emblem)
265/35/18 Nitto 555 (front)
305/35/18 Nitto 555RII (rear)
17” 10th Anniversary Wheels
235/45/17 Falken FK452 (front)
275/40/17 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (rear)
UPR quick click firewall adjuster
Clutch quadrant
TR6 Plugs
EGR delete
Transmission fluid change with GM Syncromesh (10/1/2008)
PPRV Delete

If you have any questions or would like any more information, please feel free to ask me here in this thread or PM me. I tried not to leave anything out, but if I did please let me know.

For those of you that like to skim the ads… here is a quick lowdown:
2003 Torch Red 10th Anniversary Edition
Diamond Racing Pistons @ 0.020 over
True Forged 3 piece wheels
full exhaust (with catted X pipe)
ported Eaton
506rwhp/521rwtq on a conservative tune
Extremely clean and well cared for
15,293 miles
$24,500
Located in Pittsburgh, PA with title in hand

Thanks for looking :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
WOW!! There sure is a lot of us that are parting with our cars! Your car is beautiful and I wish you all the luck in selling it.

bubbrubb

WOW!! There sure is a lot of us that are parting with our cars! Your car is beautiful and I wish you all the luck in selling it.
Thank you very much, congrats on your sale!
dam you bo!! haha good luck with sale buddy, wish i had some extra cash to pick this up very nice car!
Thanks, Sasha!
Stock clutch?
Yes, stock clutch. I do have the clutch quadrant and the firewall adjuster though. I've never had any issues with clutch slip with the car :beer:

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Reliability? Do you confident in the engine rebuild? Say, to drive cross country.

I'm not familiar with your engine builder, is why I ask. Not trying to be disrespectful to him.

bubbrubb

Reliability? Do you confident in the engine rebuild? Say, to drive cross country.

I'm not familiar with your engine builder, is why I ask. Not trying to be disrespectful to him.
Yes, I'd have more faith in the car to make it across the country than myself. Gets pretty boring once you hit the midwest from what I have seen looking out of plane windows.

Tim specializes in mustangs and has been a Ford fanatic his entire life. He has other staff at his shop, but he handled everything with my car himself. He takes a lot of pride in his work, and even though he's a "smaller shop" in the big world of SVTP he has built a number of motors with a lot of success. I believe that he built 95riosnake's 347 as well.

For absolute transparency with everything, I had put 80# injectors on the car with plans to run a healthy shot of nitrous after upgrading the fuel system and the clutch/input shaft to make a very stout sprayton car. Then I realized that I hardly drive the car, and that I'm going to more or less have to sell this year, so I wised up a bit and stopped throwing money at it. On that same note, I didn't care much for the drivability of the 80's, so I took them back out (still have them) and bought new 60#'s and paid to have the car re-dyno tuned. The car put down 506rwhp/521rwtq STD, which was up a couple rwhp and rwtq from another local low mile eaton terminator, but on a pound less of boost. Throttle response is very sharp, and not having to worry about the motor has really let me enjoy "driving" the car again. I only say driving in quotes, because I never really took the car out too much over the past year. I got a new daily and did a few things to that so I enjoyed driving my new car. Plus my girlfriend has never been too wild about how loud the cobra is hahaha.. so I've set aside less time to drive/detail the cobra as we've gotten more serious over time :uh oh:

Thanks for asking!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
One of my favorite cars on this site by far! Great example of a well cared for Cobra. Good luck with the sale.

bubbrubb

Awesome looking car! If I didn't just buy my vert I would be all over this!

Thanks for the kind words! Shame the backed-out buyer didn't have his act together sooner for both of us :(

One of my favorite cars on this site by far! Great example of a well cared for Cobra. Good luck with the sale.
wow thank you!! Hopefully it'll go quick enough that I don't start getting cold feet about selling it. I can't help but smile every time I start her up!

O4COBRA

Established Member
Where the F were you 2 months ago!! I would have bought this thing hands down on the spot. GLWS, hopefully you find a good home for it...

VtekII

Established Member
beautiful car, will miss not seeing your photos of it posted up

and F U for raggin on the midwest! lol good luck with your sale!

BearsFTW18

Established Member
This may be my favorite cobra I've ever seen. I wish I would have saw this back in September before I bought my 427R :(

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Pending the storm heading this way Bo, I'll be there Saturday.. I'll call your cell with the time to see if it works into your schedule..

JR

bubbrubb

All private messages responded to! Thank you for the interest everyone - I will take a nonrefundable deposit to hold the car for a reasonable period of time that we can agree on :beer:

Where the F were you 2 months ago!! I would have bought this thing hands down on the spot. GLWS, hopefully you find a good home for it...
Ah, that breaks my heart to hear that. Your photography was a big inspiration for me to take it more seriously and to try to make myself better. I'd have loved to met you... although I'm pretty sure you'd break my heart by posting way nicer pictures than I ever have hahaha. If I'd have been less trusting, maybe things would have worked out differently.
That is a clean ass Termi.
Thank you!
beautiful car, will miss not seeing your photos of it posted up

and F U for raggin on the midwest! lol good luck with your sale!
Thank you, and I will miss not seeing it too. lol sorry about the midwest comment, but I'm just used to the hills around my area. Flatland feels kinda unnatural to me, especially if you lay out 1500 miles of it lol :D
This may be my favorite cobra I've ever seen. I wish I would have saw this back in September before I bought my 427R :(
Hearing that makes my stomach turn. Our next door neighbor's son replaced his 95 Cobra with a 427R two years ago - beautiful car!

Beautiful cobra man good luck with the sale!!
Thank you!
Very nice ride good price to! GLWS
Thank you! I think it's a very fair price as well, especially for a well taken care of low mileage 10th with a lot of money sunk into it :beer:
Man I always loved your car GLWS!
Thank you!
Pending the storm heading this way Bo, I'll be there Saturday.. I'll call your cell with the time to see if it works into your schedule..

JR
Thanks JR! Lets keep our fingers crossed. I'll be home all day Saturday, so as long as you can make the trip out, I'll be there. I hope you love it as much as I do! :beer::pop:
Goddamn some real fine examples are for sale right now. Beautiful 10th.
Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread