2003 Ford Mustang Repair Manual -- Download/Install help here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_SVT

Established Member
I gathered from several threads on put in step by step for the least amount of headaches to help with the install :rockon:

If the link dies I can uploaded to a different link.

Clicky Here!

TO RUN IT FROM YOUR HARD DRIVE

Extract the contents of the .zip file you downloaded to a directory on your C drive(C:\Ford_Mustang_Repair_Manual\ for example).

Now you have to edit the file called TSOBROWSER.INI which is intalled normally in the parent folder or "TSO" folder after you finish the install.
Open the file with any word processessing program to edit it.

When I finished, it looked like this:

[volumes]
default_volume=
always_show_volumelist=0
03Must=1~1 C:\Mustang Service Manual~C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Downloads\03 Mustang manual~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

The red number 1 indicates that it is located on a hard drive (not removable as is the default setting).

The green C:\Mustang Service Manual is the directory I created to install the manual during the setup phase of the install. It replaces the C: that was originally the default directory.

The purple C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\Downloads\03 Mustang manual last modification is the location of the files after they were unzipped. I just copied the download directory name into the next field that is indicated by the purple above.

The end result is that you can access the manual because it can be kept on the laptop like I do for access at any time without carrying around the CD.

Or if you want to use the CD:

1. Download the file, saving it to your computers desktop.
2. Once the file has downloaded you should be able to double click the folder (it will have a zipper on it but it should open)
3. Once you've opened the folder look to your left of the open window, there will be something you can click on that says "extract all files" CLICK THIS!
4. Follow the steps in the wizard (the thing that opens up when you click extract files) and answer yes to any question windows that pop up. When it comes time where it asks you were to save the unzipped files/folders, again save them to your desktop.
5. Now you should have 2 folder's for the Manual on your desktop. Use an appropriate data file burning program to burn the to your disk.
When you get your program open to burn the disk open the folder in your program so that you see the 4 seperate folders and 9 seperate files. Now hold down shift (on your keyboard) and left-click each one individually until there ALL highlighted IN ORDER. Then click add/burn or whatever your software requires you to do to start the burning process.
6. Once the CD is burning take it out of your disk drive and then stick it back in and close the disk tray. Now when it pops up, open the folder on the cd and click "setup". This will guide you through the rest of the process and it should work fine!!

*UPDATE* IF ABOVE STEPS DONT WORK FOR YOU TRY THIS*
Other people have tried some other ways and they have gotten it to work.
They used these steps

unzip the file into C:\TSO
run the setup.exe
install it into C:\TSO

get out of the installer, edit the tsobrowser.ini file and modify the
03Must line to say this

03Must=1~1~C:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

Then run it and it works fine.

Last edited:

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Let me be the first to say you freakin' rule! Thanks a lot. I will mess around with this on Friday. Doing some brake stuff soon and this will help out greatly. :rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome instructions. Can't get much clearer than that! I might change my own TSOBROWSER.INI (if I have one) so that I don't have to constantly load the CD. Thanks!!

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Anyone getting a runtime error like I am?
[volumes]
default_volume=
always_show_volumelist=0
03Must=1~1 C:\Mustang Service Manual~C:\Documents and Settings\Tay\My documents\03 Mustang manual~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Kevin, did you fall asleep? :lol1: You were going to report back in 6 minutes. How did your install go?

Evil_SVT

Established Member
BWH2003 said:
Im getting a runtime error too. The main app wont open

Is it this?

CMA
Run-Time error '429':
ActiveX compontent can't create object

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
02GTKB said:
Is it this?

CMA
Run-Time error '429':
ActiveX compontent can't create object
I got that too on my desktop. Then I installed and ran it off the CD on my laptop and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread