2003 Ford Mustang Repair Manual -- Download/Install help here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
striker_29 said:
Ok, I just reinstalled the program and changed the default location (c:\Tso) to my unzipped folder, c:\Ford_Mustang_Repair_Manual and I am still getting the same bullshit, what a pain in the ass. Thanks for the help though guys...Mark

Why don't you Unzip it to C:\TSO and Install it to C:\TSO.

Then Edit the tsobrowser.ini

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Ok I will try that. I'm gonna uninstall everything and try and start from scratch the way you suggest, thanks a lot man...Mark

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
Why don't you Unzip it to C:\TSO and Install it to C:\TSO.

Then Edit the tsobrowser.ini

Well Holy Jesus, that worked. Thanks a ton man, hope all you other guys get it figured out, it looks pretty cool, good luck. Thanks again BLK03SVT10TH, and everyone else who helped...Mark:beer:

JimBobWay

Established Member
Thanks a whole bunch guys. This is great. After installing and unzipping to the TSO folder it worked great. here's my .INI file that I modified...

03Must=1~1~D:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
had the same problem with it installing it in spanish and just not working at all.

unzip the file into C:\TSO
run the setup.exe
install it into C:\TSO

get out of the installer, edit the tsobrowser.ini file and modify the
03Must line to say this

03Must=1~1~C:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

Then run it and it works fine.

Kysnake03

Established Member
run the setup.exe

This worked for me also , Thanks to all !

AzSonicSnake

Slowpiece
Established Member
awesome!!! thank you very much! took me a little to figure out the programing, since i am not a real savy puter guy, but i finally figured it out, and it works awesome!!!!

Bascom123

Established Member
Kysnake03 said:
run the setup.exe

This worked for me also , Thanks to all !

Did this and it worked. I had some issues however with Vista, and my other pc's on my domain. Worked fine on the laptop not on the domain, I also found out if you install from a cd the mdac and jet apps install fine. if you install from a hdd folder it does not.

What I did was

1) Make cd from zip
2) Extract to c:\tso
3) Install from CD to c:\tso
4) modify the tsobrowser.ini and it worked fine

03Must=1~1~C:\tso~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

is how mine looks.

Thanks all.

Dan_Soprano

Boost is Cool!!
Established Member
BuffDigits said:
had the same problem with it installing it in spanish and just not working at all.

run the setup.exe

get out of the installer, edit the tsobrowser.ini file and modify the
03Must line to say this

03Must=1~1~C:\TSO\~stock\home.htm~2003 Mustang~October 2002

Then run it and it works fine.
sweet bro! Works perfect for me now!:rockon:

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
2000BlackGT said:
If starting from scratch, do this:

1. Download the manual from my website here(Right-Click-Save As): 2003 Mustang Manual.

2. Unzip the file to: C:\manual

3. Run setup.exe from there.

4. When installing the program install it to a custom location called C:\tso

5. Then download this file from my website (Right-Click-Save As):
tsobrowser.ini.

6. Replace the file tsobrowser.ini with this one in your C:\tso folder.

You should be up and running. Hopefully everyone will get it to work now. Thanks to everyone who helped getting this together! :rockon:

If you unzip the file to one directory and install it to another the program will not work.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
2000BlackGT said:
You have to follow the complete instructions I have to get it to run. The tsobrowser.ini file tells it where the files are located. Once you download tsobrowser.ini like I uploaded and replace your "old" tsobrowser.ini it will work.

Mine already works. What did you use to edit that tsobrowser.ini file you've got setup for download, whatever it was it made a mess out of it.

I also still don't understand why your so dead set on having people place the unzipped file in a separate folder than the installation files, the only reason the original tsobrowser.ini file was setup like that is because it is configured for the Program to run on the Hard Drive and the Data to be located on a CD-ROM, there is no need for that if your running the Entire Program from the Hard Drive.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
2000BlackGT said:
I have read about 15 pages of people not getting this program to work because they have been having to modify the file themselves. 9/10 people could not get it to work. I was trying to provide a simple PROVEN solution that people could easily do. I just took what 03cobra03 posted on ModularFords and uploaded it. If you'd like to write a simpler, easier solution, go ahead and be my guest.

After the ini has been uploaded to the server the formatting is lost, thats why the file looks strange.

If you go back about 14 posts, I already recommended a method that fixed a bunch of peoples problems. (Using 1 Directory, C:\TSO for both the Unzip and the Install) As for the .INI there are no formatting codes in a regular .TXT File which is all the .INI File is. If it was edited with anything else other than Notepad, like MS Word, that is what is screwing it up or possibly if it is being FTP'd up to a Web Server in Binary Mode instead of ASCII that also could be the culprit, but usually that is auto-detected.

Anyway, not trying to bust your chops, I just know many people are confused by all the posts with different methods for getting this running, and the simplest fix is to use the default install directory C:\TSO for both the unzipping of the original file and the installation directory. IMO

Peace my fellow SVT brother. :beer:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
can someone go back and edit the original instructions to make this program work.. (unzipping and installing it in the same directory) the way the original post is, it DOSN'T WORK, and is rather frustrating..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread