2003 Cobra

aldeezy87

Established Member
Hello all, I just recently bought an 03 Cobra about a week ago so I am new to this. The car only has 8,700 miles and the prev owner upgraded the supercharger pulley, BBK CAI, has a short throw shifter, and tuned on 91 octane, supposedly makes 500 HP...is there any other mods I would need starting off? I see alot of Cobras that get lowered, which springs are best for that? Thanks for any replies.

01yellercobra

Established Member
500hp might be a stretch. I'd look into sub frame connectors before springs. Unless it already has them.

Best is subjective. I prefer H&R springs personally. I had the race springs and I liked them better than the Eibachs I've had on previous cars. And now I'm on coilovers and prefer them over H&R's.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
500 is stretch for sure, especially on 91. Is it possibly ported with a lower pulley too? I did cut stock springs on mine. No complaints.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hello all, I just recently bought an 03 Cobra about a week ago so I am new to this. The car only has 8,700 miles and the prev owner upgraded the supercharger pulley, BBK CAI, has a short throw shifter, and tuned on 91 octane, supposedly makes 500 HP...is there any other mods I would need starting off? I see alot of Cobras that get lowered, which springs are best for that? Thanks for any replies.
Vert or coupe? Nice find with low miles.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on finding such a low mileage '03 Cobra. Based on your avatar, it's Oxford White. Nice!

Yeah, unless the Eaton is ported, you're not going to see 500whp on 91 octane. Likely not on 93 octane, as well. You should try to find out what size upper pulley you have, whether or not you have a larger lower pulley, and whether or not the blower is ported. For porting verification, depending on who did the port you might see a tag on the blower.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Your Cobra produces 436 horsepower to the wheels.

Closest to the actual number wins

Last edited:

aldeezy87

Established Member
I found this one at a Ford dealer about 3 hrs from where I live and the color is silver clearcoat metallic is what is says

Users who are viewing this thread