2003 Aniv Terminator (4k mi) - Thoughts on Mods?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
lol...not sure I have that level of restraint
If you truly never intend to sell, then I’d say make it your own.
If you ever need to sell the mods will significantly hurt the value, so if you do mod and keep EVERY part taken off, then you can always return to stock. Still untouched stock will always be trump.
Good luck on a sweet car.
-J

BtownB

Established Member
If you truly never intend to sell, then I’d say make it your own.
If you ever need to sell the mods will significantly hurt the value, so if you do mod and keep EVERY part taken off, then you can always return to stock. Still untouched stock will always be trump.
Good luck on a sweet car.
-J
I always keep all the stock parts for all my cars...too many times I've bought a car and the previous owner sold something key...SSP speedo etc etc...nice roster you have BTW!

MaxxdSVT

Established Member
Pulley, intake, exhaust, tune.... Done! Myself and many here I'm sure have spent tons of money modding cars. I've gotten to a point where reliability is more important than power. Not that these cars can't easily hold 600 on pump, but I hate downtime and mo powa mo problems. Being able to just open the garage, start her up and go for a ride with no issues is priceless. I make 475whp and any more is pointless for a cruiser with occasional highway pulls. Couldn't be happier

Sent from my SM-G998U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Borla Stingers and an O/R X pipe is a symphony. I haven't found a better sounding Cobra.

With that low of miles, I would stick to mod you can undo. Everything suggested is perfectly fine and will make the car a lot more fun to drive and retain its value once put back to stock.

Congrats on the car!

BtownB

Established Member
Pulley, intake, exhaust, tune.... Done! Myself and many here I'm sure have spent tons of money modding cars. I've gotten to a point where reliability is more important than power. Not that these cars can't easily hold 600 on pump, but I hate downtime and mo powa mo problems. Being able to just open the garage, start her up and go for a ride with no issues is priceless. I make 475whp and any more is pointless for a cruiser with occasional highway pulls. Couldn't be happier

Sent from my SM-G998U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
100 percent with you there...the cars I've been frustrated with are the ones with issues...I don't have alot of time so when I take something out for a quick blast on the curvey roads I want to drive it without issue...

BtownB

Established Member
Borla Stingers and an O/R X pipe is a symphony. I haven't found a better sounding Cobra.

With that low of miles, I would stick to mod you can undo. Everything suggested is perfectly fine and will make the car a lot more fun to drive and retain its value once put back to stock.

Congrats on the car!
thanks! Since I'm in Northern VA I'll need to go catted so I don't have to swap it out every 2 years but I agree the mods suggested should really wake the car up and make it fun

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
That is a great list of mods to start with. Cobra Bob has the right idea and a lot of info on his site. His shifter gasket is a worth while investment and cheap too. I would also consider FTBR bushings to make the car feel even better. The 00R brake kit is also a great investment that looks OEM but just improves the car.

BtownB

Established Member
That is a great list of mods to start with. Cobra Bob has the right idea and a lot of info on his site. His shifter gasket is a worth while investment and cheap too. I would also consider FTBR bushings to make the car feel even better. The 00R brake kit is also a great investment that looks OEM but just improves the car.
Definitely like the gasket...very familiar with the FTBR bushings with an IRS

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
thanks! Since I'm in Northern VA I'll need to go catted so I don't have to swap it out every 2 years but I agree the mods suggested should really wake the car up and make it fun
So in other parts of VA they don't do every 2 year inspections? Or is it statewide. It definitely is a pain to have to swap on the cats for an inspection. IMO the cats don't make a big enough different in power/sound to make it worth that hassle. I've heard some really good sounding catted setups. So many options there.

BtownB

Established Member
So in other parts of VA they don't do every 2 year inspections? Or is it statewide. It definitely is a pain to have to swap on the cats for an inspection. IMO the cats don't make a big enough different in power/sound to make it worth that hassle. I've heard some really good sounding catted setups. So many options there.
Yes, that is true...it's a money grab in Northern VA (where all the tax money is) and I'm too old to be bothered with swapping...cars have to be 25 years old to be exempt

cj428mach

Established Member
I say mod it and enjoy it. My Terminator has 15000 miles and I bought it almost a decade ago with 7400 miles. The car makes well over 800rwhp and I've done all the work without drilling a whole or splicing a wire. I have every original part to the car in storage even the original mint 8900 mile t56, tagged with the date and mileage it was removed.if I ever want to go back to stock I can but I'm currently enjoying stupid amounts of power too.

As for caster camber plates I went bbk so I didn't have to drill any holes.

patc84

Established Member
^ the bbk caster camber plates have a urethane bushing, if you decide to go coilover go with a plate with a spherical bushing. i use the 3 bolt UPR plates on my car. No drilling required.

Last edited:

BtownB

Established Member
I say mod it and enjoy it. My Terminator has 15000 miles and I bought it almost a decade ago with 7400 miles. The car makes well over 800rwhp and I've done all the work without drilling a whole or splicing a wire. I have every original part to the car in storage even the original mint 8900 mile t56, tagged with the date and mileage it was removed.if I ever want to go back to stock I can but I'm currently enjoying stupid amounts of power too.

As for caster camber plates I went bbk so I didn't have to drill any holes.
all good points...nice options in the garage...waiting to get my 1950 Custom Delux to get back from the shop (stock flathead)

Users who are viewing this thread