2000 Cobra R on proxibid

john_anch_ak

I was on proxibid.com looking for firearm related stuff and was doing a search for mustang, as in colt mustang, when this came up.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...25&start=26&refine=&nc=1412814080082#topoflot

If for some reason this link doesn't work just go to www.proxibid.com, do a search for mustang and you'll see a couple of nice '60's Mustangs and some other stuff and also this 2000 Cobra R. Other than the drivers door it looks pretty nice but I have no idea what it is worth. Just thought I'd pass this on.

oldmodman

Established Member
I wonder what the reserve is set at?

That sure would be a fun second Mustang.

And phoenix is close enough that I could go get it and drive it home in less that a day.

What do you think about the door. Would a thousand take care of the dent and paint? Or would you get a door off another Mustang and just get it painted to match?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I wonder what the reserve is set at?

That sure would be a fun second Mustang.

And phoenix is close enough that I could go get it and drive it home in less that a day.

What do you think about the door. Would a thousand take care of the dent and paint? Or would you get a door off another Mustang and just get it painted to match?

If you can save the door or even just use a new skin, it would cost about a $1000-1500 when it's all said and done with paint since it has to be blended into the fender and quarter panels. If this car could be had for under $20k it could be a major profit once it's put back to perfect. I actually really want it but I don't trust it being out of state and not being able to see the mechanicals.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
What is proxibid? Was this like a drug dealers car? Or a Fed impound?

Would love a Cobra R but couldnt afford it any time soon. Hope it goes to someone who will fix it up and actually use it for its intended purpose.

93LITE

Established Member
I'm not familar with this type of thing, but it looks like something I would not do. Says the auctioneer, or seller or their employees or agents can bid. Sounds like it could eventually be bid up pretty easily. Plus the premium and taxes, plus the work to bring it back to nice condition. Looks like a gamble, but I guess any auction is.

DuffManRHA

The cake is not a lie.
Established Member
Would love to have some reproductions of those seats.

That would be soooooo cool :D

robot_chicken_nerd_by_cxpkers-d6t0wd6.gif

Users who are viewing this thread