20 car pileup in the dark

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Wow- complete lack of situational awareness...... someone def should have put flares out. But still, it's not like there was a blinding snowstorm, gale force winds, or a monsoon. No one knows how to drive at night out there? Sheesh!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Watching the video it would seem that most of the drivers didn't reduce their speeds all that much even though there was a power outage. Common sense would dictate that you cut your speed if you're driving with not a single light anywhere to be seen, especially with so many cars on the unlit freeway. Looked like as well that there was at least one turn involved that perhaps partially hid the carnage up ahead, resulting in some surprised drivers slamming on the brakes. When you're hauling butt in the dark at 55-65mph and suddenly 100' ahead your headlights pick up a stopped vehicle it's almost too late to stop. Slower speeds, not so much a problem. I can definitely understand how this unfolded from the perspective of the person shooting the footage. JMO though.

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I'm trying to figure out why the drivers are the ones at fault for not paying enough attention? It was on a curve on a highway, by the time you see some flashing lights and realize you need to stop you're already too close and have to slam on the brakes. Anyone here would've been in the same spot these people were in what do you think you can see around curves? Even 50-55mph on the highway would've made it hard to avoid something like this.

Shit happens. Someone wrecked on a curve on the highway and had no way to warn others coming around that curve. Even the most attentive people would've been shit out of luck in that situation.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Unreal.....I had to watch this twice!!!! ...I can't believe ALL of the people that got out of those cars & trucks!!!!

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
LMFAO @ Kid standing right in the middle of the road at the end on a cellphone why cars are smashing into each other. Very easy to believe he's a product of California.

lmao. btw I think you meant "while" lol

Hope they all got those texts sent.

hahahaha

Wow- complete lack of situational awareness...... someone def should have put flares out. But still, it's not like there was a blinding snowstorm, gale force winds, or a monsoon. No one knows how to drive at night out there? Sheesh!

I know right, were they not looking where they were going? I don't understand how THAT many people can crash at once lol. If you think you're going too fast to see far enough in front of you, slow down.

Some people did avoid crashing, like that sentra that knew he couldn't stop in time so he went to the side of the truck and then stopped.

"holy cow"
"There will be more... like this guyyy" *dumbass kid in cobalt doesn't even come close to stopping and gets pinned between median and truck. Then proceeds to get out and do battle with the cars on his feet*

Last edited:

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I know right, were they not looking where they were going? I don't understand how THAT many people can crash at once lol. If you think you're going too fast to see far enough in front of you, slow down.

Are you able to see around blind curves? Haha

Now the people that got out and stood around, that was pretty idiotic.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I don't understand what the problem is? Maybe it's because we don't have lights on our back roads or whatever, but that's what headlights are for I thought. I understand the blind curve and the car in the middle of the road. Some of you guys said it took hours to go inches, why? I mean if the headlights work, that's all you need right? I'm not being facetious in any way, just wondering how these people would survive on a back road with no street lights.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Are you able to see around blind curves? Haha

Now the people that got out and stood around, that was pretty idiotic.

Well no I can't see around blind curves, that's why I slow down when I can't see what is going to be in front of me lol.

Also I haz cobra brakes so I can stop faster than all of them could :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread