2 valve beatdowns

99redls1

Established Member
Very true.

But you are failing to realize the 427 is untouchable for you, and most others.

The 6.2 will be a standard engine, the 5.0 DOHC is going to be available very soon as well, and with a redesigned bore/stroke ratio, will be putting down 400rwhp with just bolt-ons/tune. (the 5.0 DOHC will be standard in mustangs and trucks)

IF and I mean IF the 6.2 DOHC would ever be released, then I am also calling game over for the 427 as well. :)

I know exactly what you mean also but I can get a 408 from a sponsor on ls1tech for like 5 grand. the motor your talking about would prolly cost more if you are buying just the motor right? I hope that they do come out with it. It would def be a nice change of pace from ford lol

02GTP

Banned
heck if they would have tuned the GT's to run on 93 octane that would have been a good bump in power right there, 330-350 maybe?

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
lol. so when ford comes out with an engine NA that makes 400hp its all over for everyone???? wow, gm has had that for what, 8years? dodge has also had that for years but when ford finally does it, BAM, every engine in the world is inferior.

5.0 DOHC = 400HP

6.2 DOHC = You do the math.....

6.2 SOHC, not a rumor...but IS going to be available soon. A 6.2 L OHC engine will make GOBS and GOBS of power....in n/a form.

You are correct, GM has been doing it forever, but not in a platform like a Mustang. GTO's, garbage....Vettes, not even comparable. The NEW Camaro, garbage. (too heavy)

whipplesnake

Established Member
I know exactly what you mean also but I can get a 408 from a sponsor on ls1tech for like 5 grand. the motor your talking about would prolly cost more if you are buying just the motor right? I hope that they do come out with it. It would def be a nice change of pace from ford lol

A 408 LOL you can't even afford a clutch!

02GTP

Banned
actually i dont think there is going to be a DOHC 6.2, but ive heard the SOHC is coming and i believe 4v heads will bolt up to it. bad ass for sure but if im going all motor im going 454 LSX.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
Chevy vs. Ford smack talk is always fun to read.....

I should participate...

We have seen many 1500-2200HP modular Ford engines using factory blocks, heads and many other components, have your brand done that? Does Ford need more cubic inches?

Mustangog2003

MustangOG
Established Member
This is a cool thread. I gotta 03 gt manual that had 4.30s, boltons, cams, and a 125 shot that ran 7.80 with a 1.9 60ft. my friend has a 02 auto with only boltons 4.10s and a 100 shot that ran 7.60 with a 1.70 60ft. I raced a 460rwhp cobra on the highway and beat him twice by half of a car. So his gt probably is fast guys. It dont matter how many valves he got.lol

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
This is a cool thread. I gotta 03 gt manual that had 4.30s, boltons, cams, and a 125 shot that ran 7.80 with a 1.9 60ft. my friend has a 02 auto with only boltons 4.10s and a 100 shot that ran 7.60 with a 1.70 60ft. I raced a 460rwhp cobra on the highway and beat him twice by half of a car. So his gt probably is fast guys. It dont matter how many valves he got.lol

So, if you convert your 1/8 mile time, that is about a high 11 huh?

So, that means the Cobra guy was not THAT good of a driver.

Not nutswinging. I also own a GT.

Just a simple question, that's all.

Most everyone will agree a Pullied Cobra making 460 RWHP is not a high 11 sec car, and is more of a mid 11 sec car. Not to mention, that Cobra has to be trapping considerably higher than you.

Are there any 1/4 mile tracks near you, or are they all 1/8?

02GTP

Banned
what stock ford pistons/rods can handle that power? exactly, no factory pistons or rods will take 2000hp come on, get real. and the LS9 is forged and will take just much power, if not more than your precious termis. a stock LS1,2,6,7 will take more power than a NA 2,3, or 4 valve.

02GTP

Banned
Does Ford need more cubic inches?

nope, but they need boost.

Last I heard, LSX motors don't come with any type of Forged Internal.

wrong again. and ZR-1's are making 700+whp with bolt ons. wait till people do twin turbos on the LS9, i bet 1200whp will be easy with nothing but turbos and a fuel system.

and does your "brand" hold nurburing production car records for 4 doors, fwd cars and number 2 overall? didnt think so.

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
what stock ford pistons/rods can handle that power? exactly, no factory pistons or rods will take 2000hp come on, get real. and the LS9 is forged and will take just much power, if not more than your precious termis. a stock LS1,2,6,7 will take more power than a NA 2,3, or 4 valve.

2000hp, idk about(id really like to know the highest # using factory equipment). I do know there are a few 1000+rwhp factory piston modular setups out there.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
nope, but they need boost.

wrong again. and ZR-1's are making 700+whp with bolt ons. wait till people do twin turbos on the LS9, i bet 1200whp will be easy with nothing but turbos and a fuel system.

and does your "brand" hold nurburing production car records for 4 doors, fwd cars and number 2 overall? didnt think so.

I have my doubts about making 1200rwhp on factory internals. They thought the same thing when the C6Z camw out, that BIG power would be made easily. Time and time again those cars are failing at 7XXrwhp.

02GTP

Banned
^ lol really? texas speed just released a package that made 612whp ON MOTOR. and that car will run down 700whp cobras all day. and the rods in the Z are titanium, they will handle all sorts of power, pistons are the weak point there. ever seen the lingenfelter z, 1200whp on 21psi. thats ok in my book. but i guess 1000+ whp isnt big power to u?

also the c6z does not have forged internals where as the ZR1 does. and stock stuff on a ford gt or cobra i would think can handl 1000-1200whp but after that no factory rods/pistons will work.

02GTP

Banned
there is no sense in getting into the millionth ford vs chevy match. bot brands get it done, they just go about it different ways, GM uses cubes, ford uses boost, who cares. in this day and age we cant waste our time with domestic vs domestic battles we have to focus on those damn imports.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
^ lol really? texas speed just released a package that made 612whp ON MOTOR. and that car will run down 700whp cobras all day. and the rods in the Z are titanium, they will handle all sorts of power, pistons are the weak point there. ever seen the lingenfelter z, 1200whp on 21psi. thats ok in my book. but i guess 1000+ whp isnt big power to u?

also the c6z does not have forged internals where as the ZR1 does. and stock stuff on a ford gt or cobra i would think can handl 1000-1200whp but after that no factory rods/pistons will work.
Im aware of what they are capable of on motor alone, and its damn impressive. Was out last fri with my buddy Tony, he just made 585rwhp on motor alone in his Z. Its when you add boost and look for BIG #'s is when they often blow up. Theres a vette place right around the corner from me(unfortunately lol), and ive seen a few of them fail on the dyno with power adders, including the owners. Oh and fwiw, the Ligenfelter vette doesnt have stock internals with 1200rwhp.
there is no sense in getting into the millionth ford vs chevy match. bot brands get it done, they just go about it different ways, GM uses cubes, ford uses boost, who cares. in this day and age we cant waste our time with domestic vs domestic battles we have to focus on those damn imports.

Agreed.

02GTP

Banned
agreed lol. but im not going to knock the bottom end capability of a NA motor. a LS1 was designed to be 350hp, no need for GM or anyone else for that matter to make everything in it 1000whp capable, the block and crank is and thats good enough for me. thats y im also not knocking my 3v for only being able to take 450-500 whp reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread