2 valve beatdowns

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
lol @ the nutswingers.....

This auto car makes >340whp and >400wtq with bolt ons and a 100 shot?...the HP I see...the torque is surprising to say the least....torque matters, but HP does have its place....I've seen much lower torque Hondas/etc keep up with much higher torque mustangs/etc due to their HP advantage and most often weight advantage but I digress...

I understand gearing FINE. Granted, a 4.30 compared to a 3.42 is a LOT more gear, but that "similar" HP car sure pulled a TON...much more than he "should" have IMO. 30mph is kind of an odd spot IMO for the LS1, 40-45 in second pulls pretty good from my experience with stock/modded/etc LSx cars, and yes 3rd gear is a good gear once your in it.

he's 450lbs lighter? so he weighs sub 3000lbs?....

Honestly, you can't argue with a video....my comment was more an assinine way of turning the conversation off Ford VS. Ford. Devil's advocate if you will.

On the honda point, yes they will alot of times pull a mustang with 450ft lbs, when they make 450whp and 200wtrq b/c they only weigh about 2500lbs or so, and are in their power band constantly. Power to weight comes in to play there.

And whats not to understand about it beating the LS1? Im just not getting what some of yall are thinkin. The car weighs less, makes substantially more torque(thanks N20!) and is a consistant auto car that hooks up.

whipplesnake

Established Member
this guy weighs 450 lbs?!...HOLY CRAP

EDIT: and you're talking wheels and tires....

still...like I said you can't argue with video, but it sure jerked awful hard and kept goin...

You seem kind of dense...The gt is about 250lbs lighter than the ls1. The ls1 had a 200lbs passenger, the gt had just driver. That makes for a 450lbs difference in race weight of the cars. ...go find yourself 2 or 3 fat girls and see how much slower your car is with them in it.

99redls1

Established Member
this guy weighs 450 lbs?!...HOLY CRAP

EDIT: and you're talking wheels and tires....

still...like I said you can't argue with video, but it sure jerked awful hard and kept goin...

No he doesnt but the wheels save about 50 we'll say. Then he wieghs about 200 so take that out of his car and put him in mine and thats where we are coming up with the 450.

Turrry

is back in black
Established Member
No he doesnt but the wheels save about 50 we'll say. Then he wieghs about 200 so take that out of his car and put him in mine and thats where we are coming up with the 450.

It was a joke, notice the edit...

you girls get so worked up so easy....

99redls1

Established Member
It was a joke, notice the edit...

you girls get so worked up so easy....

I didnt notice the edit and no i dont get all worked up. I dont give two shits if he beat me. He has quite a bit done more than me so thats fine with me. Ill be coming back for him soon enough ;-)

Turrry

is back in black
Established Member
I didnt notice the edit and no i dont get all worked up. I dont give two shits if he beat me. He has quite a bit done more than me so thats fine with me. Ill be coming back for him soon enough ;-)

You're like me, you race for the fun of it. Some people take themselves/their cars way too seriously.

I say put a 100 shot on the LS1 just to..."make it fair"...:coolman:

99redls1

Established Member
You're like me, you race for the fun of it. Some people take themselves/their cars way too seriously.

I say put a 100 shot on the LS1 just to..."make it fair"...:coolman:

Im definitely thinking about it lol. Then it would be fair because we would be mod for mod basically lol. Im prolly just gonna put a baby cam in it then run him again and see what happens but hell still prolly beat me because he drives a mooostang hahaha

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Im definitely thinking about it lol. Then it would be fair because we would be mod for mod basically lol. Im prolly just gonna put a baby cam in it then run him again and see what happens but hell still prolly beat me because he drives a mooostang hahaha

Well then he gets 65ci!! :uh oh::lol:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Well then he gets 65ci!! :uh oh::lol:

This is true...

It won't be too long, until the LS groupies will be saying the same though....

"But, But.....I only have 5.7 Vs your 6.2" LOL

When the 6.2 comes out, it is over.....for every other make. NO WAY in hell any other engine on the market right now can hang with a 6.2 OHC engine....especially a DOHC Time will tell.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
This is true...

When the 6.2 comes out, it is over.....for every other make. NO WAY in hell any other engine on the market right now can hang with a 6.2 OHC engine....especially a DOHC Time will tell.

I cant wait for that to come to reality! Will be a nice change of pace for sure:rockon:

99redls1

Established Member
This is true...

Thats fine Then just put a 427 in my car. There is so many differant variables to it. Well you will have 2 and 4 cams with the same or double the valves. Tahts not fair. WE could go in circles for days about this.

deannyc

Str8
Established Member
Roll racings for pussies.
Supras > ALL.
2v = Loser, you have 2 less valves.. how dare you, you broke, uneducated, AUTOMATIC!@!@
4v = Wahh 2v beat me. onoez.

CRY.
HP? TORQUE? WEIGHT?
Is it a full moon?
Solid? Independent?
Radials? Streets?
Spare tire? Rear seat delete?
How much did it cost?
DRIVER MOD!?
How much did the camera weigh, it wasnt factored in.
Personally a disposable camera is good for a length, especially if your rocking a Cannon9999x.

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNGGGG

JUST KIDDING. Sort of.

You guys just kept me busy for an hour, while I fought with my immature girlfriend.
Props.
:beer:

Last edited:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Thats fine Then just put a 427 in my car. There is so many differant variables to it. Well you will have 2 and 4 cams with the same or double the valves. Tahts not fair. WE could go in circles for days about this.

Very true.

But you are failing to realize the 427 is untouchable for you, and most others.

The 6.2 will be a standard engine, the 5.0 DOHC is going to be available very soon as well, and with a redesigned bore/stroke ratio, will be putting down 400rwhp with just bolt-ons/tune. (the 5.0 DOHC will be standard in mustangs and trucks)

IF and I mean IF the 6.2 DOHC would ever be released, then I am also calling game over for the 427 as well. :)

02GTP

Banned

lol. so when ford comes out with an engine NA that makes 400hp its all over for everyone???? wow, gm has had that for what, 8years? dodge has also had that for years but when ford finally does it, BAM, every engine in the world is inferior.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
lol. so when ford comes out with an engine NA that makes 400hp its all over for everyone???? wow, gm has had that for what, 8years? dodge has also had that for years but when ford finally does it, BAM, every engine in the world is inferior.

he means base model n/a mustang wise, ford has already had the 385hp n/a cobra r and the 400hp n/a parnelli jones mustang, but those are not a reg n/a mustang gt, 400hp in a stock n/a gt is a big diff from a top of the line z06 400hp corvette or 400hp top of the line mustang, were talking about a $27,000 - $35,000 mustang gt with 400hp out of the box, not $40-$70,000 top of the line big cubic inch chevys/fords, were talking entry level v8 mustang with 400hp n/a that is a big step...considering the 03 cobra in 2003 was 390hp stock.

Last edited:

02GTP

Banned
well the 03/04 cobras were more than 390. a 400hp gt would be nice but i dont know where u guys are getting this 27K from. we have 1 2010 at my dealership now and its not even fully loaded and its 34K. and when the base gt gets a 85hp increase, expect the price to do the same. it just seems like its too late and ford should have done this along time ago.

whipplesnake

Established Member
well the 03/04 cobras were more than 390. a 400hp gt would be nice but i dont know where u guys are getting this 27K from. we have 1 2010 at my dealership now and its not even fully loaded and its 34K. and when the base gt gets a 85hp increase, expect the price to do the same. it just seems like its too late and ford should have done this along time ago.

I agree that it would be nice if Ford put bigger more powerful motors in the mustang, but when you out sell the competition as bad as the do it's easy to see why the executives don't feel the need.

Users who are viewing this thread