2 turbo cobras going to kurgan next Thursday guess the numbers ??

woodrow5.0

Established Member
Avery(nanastymach1) used them for his current pump gas tune and I think he has been happy with it. He told when he mentioned tuning for e85 they tried to sway him to use meth instead which gave me a vibe that maybe they havent tuned many e85 cars :??: . So after hearing good stuff about Kurgan I figured I would let him work his magic

you will be pleased,bob knows his shit for fure

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
My car will definitely be limited by the 80# injectors and E85...I honestly will be happy with 700...I look forward to getting it tuned and hitting the track before season is over

For reference, at 17psi and 16 deg timing in 100 degree heat on a dyno that typically gives low dyno #'s, I made 680...01 cobra intake stock heads/cam (9:1 compression) with a return style setup on e85 with 80 lbs injectors with 3 340 lethal pumps (custom turbo kit w/ precision 76gts). Inj Duty Cycle was @89% so you should have a little wiggle room but not much. I'm sure I could have upped the timing alone and made over 700 (it picked up 10 hp from 15 to 16 degrees) but I wanted to err on the safe side. Good Luck.

blown302stng

Established Member
Nanastymach1 mad killer numbers..I will let him post them....I am having clutch slipping issues...but should have some numbers in 1hrs or so

blown302stng

Established Member
Well we are on our way home....the spec 3 clutch didn't like the power....on the 2nd pull at 16psi it made 790rwhp at 5000rpms...so we turned it down to 12psi and made 690rwhp with 19* of timing

If the clutch wasn't acting up it would have ended up around 850rwhp on 16-17 psi

I will try to get the video up in a day or 2

Jeremy

nanastymach1

Established Member
Today was a great day....bob was the best tuner/ cusTomer service that I've ever used.....thanks again for everything

We kicked the day off with a pull to see what it would do vs fast lanes dyno and it was with in 10 hp with a little less boost ..so I pulled all the pump gas out and filled it up with fresh e85 and kept it at 15 psi and it immediately went from 690 to 738 at the same boost level before he even tuned it...one more pull netted 75x hp and like 50more tq

So we moved to 20psi and it made 821 hp then made a 24 psi pull and it made 908 hp 800tq..then bob took us to lunch ( best barbq ever) and we decided to do 1 more pull around 26 psi and set the over boost at 27 on the eboost 2 and we made 948 hp and it was still pulling but we hit over boost at the end so the eboost shut us down...and this pull was at only 15 deg timing lol and bob and I was well beyond ok with the power so y not keep it safe at 15 deg timing for safety instead of shooting for 1000 +

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
^ geez! Congrats man! That's gonna be insane to drive.... My car gets plain crazy at 787hp! 900+ is beyond fast!

nanastymach1

Established Member
I just took it out for some pulls and man I'm still grinning lol ear to ear with how amazed I am on the work bob and wade did and how fast it is...3rd gear roll on I'm ready for liter bikes lol

blown302stng

Established Member
On my 2nd pull at 16psi the tq hit nearly 800 ft/lbs which is what cause the clutch to slip and we had to turn it down

My final numbers were made at 12-13psi, 19* of timing
691rwhp/691ft lb tq(676rwhp for the SAE guys)

Here is the graph
dynograph.jpg

I will try to post a video later today..All numbers were made through 3" downpipe, y-pipe to 2.5" magnaflow catback

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread