2 step and the track this coming weekend.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Won't that cause you to lose a lot of power up top? I was just wondering because I am also about to put a 2 step on my car with a single 76mm and want to build boost on the line with but not lose power up top...

No it has no affect on power up top. You are only pulling it out for the load range that the 2 step is on typically 1.3-1.7 load above 5k. When you are @ WOT you are at 2.0 load so you are outside of that range where you are pulling timing.

From my understanding it won't affect anything at WOT due to the load being different. Only thing I was told was when my tuner changed things, it was going to affect the driveability some and make gas mileage worse.

No rain, heading to the track.

If he did it correctly it will not affect driveability or gas mileage. If he set it to -5 across the board for 1.3-1.7 in all RPM ranges then yes it will, you only need to do it for 5k+

TRBO VNM

it is all about the load at the 2-step rpm like Dave is saying. tuners that know what they are doing should be able to do this and understand it with no problem. I am sure they know about it. it is a matter of applying it with the 2-step. Jon Lund did this for me with the SCT 2-step and it worked better, but not well enough because the SCT pulls fuel instead of timing and is very slow.

damn I need to get my car going and get the turbo on. anyone have about $3k they want to loan me? lol

Last edited:

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
it is all about the load at the 2-step rpm like Dave is saying. tuners that know what they are doing should be able to do this and understand it with no problem. I am sure they know about it. it is a matter of applying it with the 2-step. Jon Lund did this for me with the SCT 2-step and it worked better, but not well enough because the SCT pulls fuel instead of timing and is very slow.

damn I need to get my car going and get the turbo on. anyone have about $3k they want to loan me? lol

Tax return time is coming soon!

Ill loan you 3k if you can get me 3k off a Hellraiser :D

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Jay did you get a Turbo for your kit yet? I know you were piecing it together. Im going to be selling my Precision 76 GTS soon

syclone50

Established Member
Ok good dam news. Juiced i had Adam pull the timing exactly how you said to and the thing build 15psi at 5000 rpm. BAD ASS! He started at zero timing in that range and it built 9psi and then took it to -5 and we saw the 15psi.

Thanks for your help and I cannot wait till spring to go to the track. No more 2.2 60foots for me!!!!!!!!!

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Ok good dam news. Juiced i had Adam pull the timing exactly how you said to and the thing build 15psi at 5000 rpm. BAD ASS! He started at zero timing in that range and it built 9psi and then took it to -5 and we saw the 15psi.

Thanks for your help and I cannot wait till spring to go to the track. No more 2.2 60foots for me!!!!!!!!!

Sweet! Im glad you got it working!

syclone50

Established Member
Here is a video of the two step in action.
[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/WOT-box-2step-on-an-03-76_501705.htm"]WOT box 2-step on an 03 cobra single 76 hellion tu- Video[/ame]

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Jay did you get a Turbo for your kit yet? I know you were piecing it together. Im going to be selling my Precision 76 GTS soon

no I haven't. that is going to be one of the last things I get for it. if I buy it new, I hope it has a warranty, so I want to make sure I get the full use out of the warranty and not waste part of it waiting on other parts and stuff.

I was planning on going with the bullseye. but that is just a thought right now. and my turbo plans may get pushed back a little. the wife had her hours cut back and is looking for a second job, so anything I make in the garage is going to bills and if it gets too tight....I hate to think about selling the car.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
That's awesome guys. I got to make one pass today, didn't get to use the 2 step, was on 11 psi (520 ish hp) just to see how the car felt going down the track. Bogged bad, little wheel hop, went a blistering (ha) 8.6 @ 94 2.3 60ft.. woot. It's a full weight vert with spare tire still in the car.. and about 30 lbs of tools and weapons I keep in the car. The no lift shift however, was badass.. nailed 3rd and the car felt like a rocket ship.

Last edited:

syclone50

Established Member
6 wires. 2 at the computer harness, 1 ground, 1 at the clutch switch and 2 in the engine bay. Not plug and play but as easy as it gets. The only hard part is soldering at the harness. There is not enough wire to make it easy.

nitemarestang

Bush Wookie
Established Member
after seeing the vid of hunter i may have to do this as well. you get to try it out yet bobby? and me and you will have to bump nastys when my car gets out of the shop:poke:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I'm going to have to eventually get one of these too... Of course after my rear and transmission are built to handle such a launch.

Very cool thanks for posting!

TRBO VNM

maybe Im lost, but is the 2 step the one in the SCT XCal or a totally different one?

totally different. this one is the WOTBOX. there are a few threads on the other site about it. it has a lot of other cool features and a windows based application to help set it up.

the SCT 2 step is the opposite of what you want for a turbo application. you want the 2 step to remove timing so that the fuel is there and ignites. the heat from the fuel igniting is what helps spool the turbo while standing still.

the SCT pulls fuel. backwards of what we want for turbo's. and the SCT is very slow.

Users who are viewing this thread