2.93 pulley w/ Stage IV port. Do I need injectors, MAF, and BAP?

Matt-'00GT

Established Member
I'm going to have a custom dyno tune done and looking for a safe tune, not a specific HP number.

Do I need Injectors (60lbs), a new MAF, and the KB BAP?

Thanks.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
You won't know unless you datalog the engine parameters. Every car is a little different. Most likely you will run out in this order:

1) MAF sensor
2) pumps
3) injectors

Injectors should be fine.

I most definately needed a BAP/MAFia with a 2.75 upper only ported eaton.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Chonger said:
You won't know unless you datalog the engine parameters. Every car is a little different. Most likely you will run out in this order:

1) MAF sensor
2) pumps
3) injectors

Injectors should be fine.

I most definately needed a BAP/MAFia with a 2.75 upper only ported eaton.

this is correct...each car is different..once your tuner has supporting data you will know what supporting mods you will need..

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
You will need the BAP/Mafia. But you will be cutting it close on the stock injectors. But each car is different. I say better safe than sorry and just go ahead and purchase them. That way if you plan on modding more that is just one more thing you dont have to worry about. Get it all!

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I didn't need them with mine....but I think when I go with the 2.75 in the spring I'll need a BAP and MAFia

jpicc

Established Member
As each has said every car is different. My car pegged the mass air meter with the ported blower and 2.93 upper only. With adding the 4lb lower I have a BAP w/o injectors.

sedanman

Established Member
I needed a bap for my 2.93 and steig 3. My maf and inj. were ok though. Now I am adding a 4# lower and have bought a maf and inj.

racebronco2

Established Member
i installed my stage 4 on friday and went to the drags to datalog the maf volts ... with the 3.10 volts were at about 3.85 .... with the 2.93 the volts were at 4.10 volts but i that was running on the street

racebronco2

Established Member
installed a 2.80 today and the maf volts were 4.74 .... so i have a little room left still .... might try the 4lb lower and a 3.10 upper and the mafxender

skitzo

Established Member
with a stge 4, 2.93 upper, and 4# lower i ended up needing a sct 2400 maf, bap and belt tensioner. but you'll love the tq that 4 pounder gives you. mine went from 479 to 519.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Many people have pegged their MAF with just a 2.8" upper, stock lower and no port! Heck, I was close to pegging mine w/ just a 2.93! Oh wait...you already bought everything any way!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
You will need the BAP/Mafia. But you will be cutting it close on the stock injectors. But each car is different. I say better safe than sorry and just go ahead and purchase them. That way if you plan on modding more that is just one more thing you dont have to worry about. Get it all!

+1

Matt-'00GT

Established Member
I went ahead and ordered everything. Then today I went an ordered the 2.76 pulley ring :)

BurnTire

Established Member
My Stage 4 with 2.93

4.86 MAF Volts and 96% Duty Cycle.

I definitely needed the BAP, Mafia was need for insurance on a cool day.

Stock Injectors are fine for my setup.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
2.93/4 lb combo with ported blower and only needed a new MAF. Depends on your car. Like everyone else said, all cars are different. Going for a recheck next friday though to make sure all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread