1st NA 2011+ Mustang 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
10 years ago this is unheard of from a 6 banger. I <3 technology

What kind of fuel economy do you get? (this will be unheard of too once you post it)

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
:rockon: Sweet!

Thats awesome, congrats!

10 years ago this is unheard of from a 6 banger. I <3 technology

What kind of fuel economy do you get? (this will be unheard of too once you post it)

I agree, the V6's have come a long way in the last few years!! I get 22-23 MPG in my daily commute and got 30.4 MPG coming back from Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach, SC this year.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well done video. And you saved the best for last! All of those runs were impressive, but awesome that you got the record. Nobody will ever ignore your mighty V6 Mustang. Keep up the good work.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I'd say go 4.10's or 4.30's - with an M6 you should still get pretty decent fuel economy. Should be good for a couple of tenths.

Awesome runs man!!

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Well done video. And you saved the best for last! All of those runs were impressive, but awesome that you got the record. Nobody will ever ignore your mighty V6 Mustang. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Bob :beer:

I'd say go 4.10's or 4.30's - with an M6 you should still get pretty decent fuel economy. Should be good for a couple of tenths.

Awesome runs man!!

The MT82 trans in the V6 has a 4.24 1st gear in it, IMO 3.73's are the best option for these cars unless you are going to run a 28" tall tire at the track.

why not just get a GT? I mean no offense.

I had a Procharged Grabber Blue '11 GT. I sold it and bought a '93 GT. The '11 V6 is my DD and does a great job at that and still runs pretty well at the track!!

congrats! being at MIR def helped haha, what a great track!

MIR is a great track, but I have ran just as well with other cars at tracks like Rockingham and VA Motorsports Park.

Impressive!

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree, the V6's have come a long way in the last few years!! I get 22-23 MPG in my daily commute and got 30.4 MPG coming back from Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach, SC this year.

You got 30.4 MPG with 3.73s? Shit I've got 2.73s and averaged a best of 27 on a 400 mile round trip (including the 4 passes at Sacramento Dragway). Granted I was doing 75-80 most of the time but still.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
You got 30.4 MPG with 3.73s? Shit I've got 2.73s and averaged a best of 27 on a 400 mile round trip (including the 4 passes at Sacramento Dragway). Granted I was doing 75-80 most of the time but still.

Yes, I got 30.4 MPG on the 320 mile trip from Myrtle Beach, SC back to Virginia. The trip home isn't really hilly and I ran 5 MPH over the speed limit (65-70 MPH) with the AC on.

I got 32 MPG on a similar trip when I had the 2.73 gears in the car. Does your car have a tune on it? My car got better gas mileage running the 93 Race tune than it did with the stock tune.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
good work man! Engine sounds like it bogs a little out of the gate, just tire spin or ?

The motor bogged pretty bad on the first pass in the video. It is a fine line launching the car. Too much throttle and tire spin and not enough throttle and the car dead hooks and bogs!

Users who are viewing this thread