1st NA 2011+ Mustang 3.7 V6 in the 12's!!!

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes, I got 30.4 MPG on the 320 mile trip from Myrtle Beach, SC back to Virginia. The trip home isn't really hilly and I ran 5 MPH over the speed limit (65-70 MPH) with the AC on.

I got 32 MPG on a similar trip when I had the 2.73 gears in the car. Does your car have a tune on it? My car got better gas mileage running the 93 Race tune than it did with the stock tune.

My car was bone stock at the time. I so badly want gears and a tune but I'm afraid to void the warranty. Does the tune make that big of a difference?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
My car was bone stock at the time. I so badly want gears and a tune but I'm afraid to void the warranty. Does the tune make that big of a difference?

The tune really helps with the drive by wire throttle feel and gives the car a much better overall snappiness. Is your car an automatic or manual? The tunes also help with the shifting on the automatics from what I have heard (can't say fore sure since mine is a manual).

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The tune really helps with the drive by wire throttle feel and gives the car a much better overall snappiness. Is your car an automatic or manual? The tunes also help with the shifting on the automatics from what I have heard (can't say fore sure since mine is a manual).

It's a manual. That sounds good, I really hate the throttle lag between shifts so I was hoping there'd be a way to get rid of that.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member

Svt4ever22

Established Member
Have you thought about playing the radio while running? It's been said that blasting the radio creates an ohm standard that causes weightless speakers.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Have you thought about playing the radio while running? It's been said that blasting the radio creates an ohm standard that causes weightless speakers.

:lol:

Looks like it's on big & littles, right?

Power shifting can't be good for the car. ;)

It was on Race Star 17x4.5 and 17x9.5 wheels. Power shifting is what nets your best ET's!

jason2004gt

Established Member
Congrats on 12's. The tune does make a huge difference on the auto v6 with shift points and throttle repsonse. With the BAMA 93H tune and 2.73's, I averaged 34 MPG on a trip from Jacksonville FL to Sterling Heights MI.

-J

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Congrats on 12's. The tune does make a huge difference on the auto v6 with shift points and throttle repsonse. With the BAMA 93H tune and 2.73's, I averaged 34 MPG on a trip from Jacksonville FL to Sterling Heights MI.

-J

34 MPG is great!!

Users who are viewing this thread