1994 Ford Thunderbird & Mercury Cougar XR-7 | Retro Review

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Watching it now. I miss seeing these cars around. My buddy had a late 80's V6 that we had a lot of fun driving around in. Their performance is a lot worse than I remember.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I had a '94 SC, blue on blue leather. It was a really great car for it's time and rolled out. And girls really liked it. I wish they would've made a '96 SC with the cobra motor.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The 94/95 SC were very impressive for the time. Nice they had all wheel disc. Would of been nicer if they had got the 94/95 cobra calipers. They made crazy tq with a pulley and tune.

I had a 93 Tbird with a 5.0. For the heavy car it was very fun. Im sure gears would of made it much better.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
had a 93 Tbird with a 5.0. For the heavy car it was very fun. Im sure gears would of made it much better.

My high school girlfriends parents had one of these. Fun times. They did awesome brake stands.

Islandcat

Established Member
My mom bought a 97 model right when I turned 16 and started driving, it was a pearl white color. Thing was awesome. Even though it isn’t fast by todays standards, it was pretty quick for its time. I won many a race with it in high school. The one I remember most is my friend who’s mom had got a 97 Monte Carlo at the same time. He was bragging about how much faster it was than the Buick Regal she traded in ( which was a pretty quick car for its time too). Anyway by the time I finished with him he had the small engine in it, the regal was way faster, and he never challenged the thunderbird again

And yea I even went look on YouTube a couple months ago to see if anyone has swapped a 5.0. That would be the ultimate touring car. I would love to have that setup

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I actually love that blue leather interior. Doubt it ages well with wear and tear though, but then again what does?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My mom bought a 97 model right when I turned 16 and started driving, it was a pearl white color. Thing was awesome. Even though it isn’t fast by todays standards, it was pretty quick for its time. I won many a race with it in high school. The one I remember most is my friend who’s mom had got a 97 Monte Carlo at the same time. He was bragging about how much faster it was than the Buick Regal she traded in ( which was a pretty quick car for its time too). Anyway by the time I finished with him he had the small engine in it, the regal was way faster, and he never challenged the thunderbird again

And yea I even went look on YouTube a couple months ago to see if anyone has swapped a 5.0. That would be the ultimate touring car. I would love to have that setup

Def needs a manual with the V8 though.

I actually love that blue leather interior. Doubt it ages well with wear and tear though, but then again what does?

Interiors from that era just fell apart if not well taken care of.

Fat Boss

Established Member
My mom had a 85 XR-7 Turbo. It was essentially the same as the SVO. It was a great car until I totaled it when some dipshit in a Camaro ran a red light.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My wife had a 5.0 '88 T-Bird. She loved that car so much. I drove turbo coupes but like the V8 better. Identical to this one.
20629723-1988-ford-thunderbird-thumb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread