1993 Teal Cobra for sale

Stopsign32v

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
WRONG !!!!!!!!!!

Stick with the 99 Cobras. They are dropping in value, like a box of rock in the water.

The 93's are slowly going back UP IN PRICE.

I think I will stick with my 99 Cobra. Something about nice interior, 7,000rpm redline, 4 camshafts, 32 valves, and aluminum block I like. :-D

Stick with your teal dinosaur. Let me guess...its slow as a rock because you are scared to mod it because you think it will be worth some money later if you keep it stock. :lol1:

pjb03

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
I think I will stick with my 99 Cobra. Something about nice interior, 7,000rpm redline, 4 camshafts, 32 valves, and aluminum block I like. :-D

Stick with your teal dinosaur. Let me guess...its slow as a rock because you are scared to mod it because you think it will be worth some money later if you keep it stock. :lol1:

Please go back to the New Edge forum. You obviously don't know squat about 93 Cobras.

IMO the 99 Cobra will always be remembered for the "recall." I remember guys dynoing 240 RWHP. :lol: Stock 93s dynoed about 10 less than your 32 valve marvel.

~Ray~

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:

:lol:

Last edited:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
pjb03 said:
Please go back to the New Edge forum. You obviously don't know squat about 93 Cobras.

IMO the 99 Cobra will always be remembered for the "recall." I remember guys dynoing 240 RWHP. :lol: Stock 93s dynoed about 10 less than your 32 valve marvel.

:lol:

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
Stopsign32v said:

i have an idea. why dont you and someone else with a 93 put the car in the for sale section just to see how much interested there is. the loser will buy everyone in this thread dinner at hooters. :thumbsup:

jspalmer01

Established Member
I don't usually make a point of knocking other Mustang enthusiasts and their rides but the 99 Cobra is probably the last cobra I would pick to own.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
pjb03 said:

:lol: With a recall the 99 still made more power than the 93 Cobra and with a smaller engine too! :banana:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
jspalmer01 said:
I don't usually make a point of knocking other Mustang enthusiasts and their rides but the 99 Cobra is probably the last cobra I would pick to own.

Don't want to own something faster than a stock turbo Eclipse? Its understandable man.... :thumbsup:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
FYI: A stock 93 Cobra will easily out run a stock 99 Cobra. The '93 has more torque down low and weighs about 300 lbs less than the '99 Cobra.

'99 Are the worst cobra to own... they have the same crappy seats as the GT, a wheel hopping, axle snapping, drivetrain slop, 28 spline IRS rear susp, They made less power than the 98 cobra and they are heavy. The motor is expensive to work on and a pain in a$$ with no room. Lastly they are depreciating like mofo!

Tank5879

Established Member
agreed, Daryl....The 99/01 is the least desireable unless your a buddy of that Shelby basher that got banned that tried to get everyone to agree with him how awesome the 99/01 are-even better than the 03/04!...If anyone wants to buy a new edge style car, i bet 99% of the time they will bee looking at the 03/04. how could you not? bulletprooff mod-friendly 400hp motor, 6 speed, etc etc...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
cobra186 said:
FYI: A stock 93 Cobra will easily out run a stock 99 Cobra. The '93 has more torque down low and weighs about 300 lbs less than the '99 Cobra.

'99 Are the worst cobra to own... they have the same crappy seats as the GT, a wheel hopping, axle snapping, drivetrain slop, 28 spline IRS rear susp, They made less power than the 98 cobra and they are heavy. The motor is expensive to work on and a pain in a$$ with no room. Lastly they are depreciating like mofo!

:bored: A stock 93 Cobra will not beat a stock 99 Cobra. With nothing but O/R X pipe, Borla catback, and a BBK CAI (which has been shown to take away power) my 99 Cobra put down 287rwhp and 294rwtq on a Mustang dyno and it had 4.10 gears in it. Most very lightly modded 99 Cobras now are making 300rwhp. A 93 Cobra with the same mods would more than likely make about 250rwhp and 270rwtq. Bone stock my Cobra ran 13.5@103mph with 4.10 gears, O/R X pipe, Borla catback, CAI, and a shifter it ran 13.1@106mph (mainly because of the 4.10 gears, other mods didn't help out much at all). Your stock 93 Cobra realistically will run mid 14's. And I happen to like the leather GT seats. And the 99 Cobras now happen to make more power than the 98 Cobras just to let you know. Heads are better and the intake is alot better. Yes the motor is expensive to work on but I have no problem working on my own. You just can't climb into the engine bay like you can in a fox. And they are depreciating, just like all cars are. But at a lot they will still sell better than a 93 Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
ALL BICKERING ASIDE

I love the 5.0 and would give my left nut for a black 93 Cobra! But I just can't justify to myself paying the extra money for the name (again lol). Plus this is going to be my daily driver and I wouldn't want to put any Cobra through that. So I plan to buy a late 80's, early 90's GT and put a 93 Cobra kit on it, paint it black, and I guess put pony emblems on the sides. :( But it will still look good. With the money left over I think I might do HCI and put some spray behind it. Should be a fun little daily driver. The LS1's might not think so though. :coolman:

Sorry to get you guys' panties all twisted up. You all have bad ass, rare cars, and you know it. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
Your stock 93 Cobra realistically will run mid 14's.

B.S ....... I have owned every year/rendition of cobras made except for a 03/04. My totally stock down to the original 3.08 gears, air silencer in place, paper filter, gatorback tires, 93 Cobra ran 13.70 with a crappy 2.0 60ft and that was not speed shifting it either. I can gaurantee you on a cooler day and driving the car harder it would run some 13.50's w/o any problem.

My stock '90 5.0 LX with absolutely nothing done other than BBK lowering springs ran a 14.03 with 100k miles on the odometer and crappy street tires.

5.0 Foxes are LIGHTER and therefore do not have to make as much peak power to run the #'s.... and dyno queens don't mean chit.

Mod motors are fun car to drive... but as far as I'm concerned it took Ford until the '03 Mach1 to make a good all around N/A 4.6 mod motor. I bought a new 03 Mach and ran it quite a few times. It actually had enough torque to pull its self out of the hole at idle unlike earlier years that you had to rev it to 3500rpms and slip the clutch or it would bog.

Well alas the 93 Cobra is still the only year cobra that has routinely held its value were all other years are depreciating like a s.o.b. :burn:

sled

Established Member
my 93 was running 13.30s at 105 with gears and some other dumb little bolt-ons. with LTs, full bolt-ons and 4.30s gears it ran 12s!!! all 13 second passes where made on street tires i think. 12s where done on BFGs. not to bad if you ask me. the built engine with boost has never lost to a mod motor! the 302 engine is still the best bang for the buck if you ask me (ford wise).
the 2 fastest mod mustangs ive ran where a 03 cobra with Kenny Bell and bunch of other mods. the second was a 99 GT with a built engine with a Novi 2000 and 150 shot. ill never sell my 93 for any other mustang. i love it!

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Svt50Cobra said:
So this car has had a blower on before Bad93Svt? The car has had paint work? Thanks for any info. Thanks Eddie

Getting back on topic...... You can see in the ebay pictures that the passenger apron has had the hole enlarged for a "power pipe". You can see the split black hose that is lining the opening. :bash:

kcp203

Established Member
cobra186 said:
Well alas the 93 Cobra is still the only year cobra that has routinely held its value were all other years are depreciating like a s.o.b. :burn:

Agreed. I'm glad my wife talked me out of taking the '03 I had a deposit down on.

Users who are viewing this thread