1993 Mustang Cobra issues please read and please let me here your input.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
You're ignoring the OP saying the seller claims it all all the VIN tags. That means the front bumper cover, hood, and both fenders. The wrecked car pictures above, once repaired, would not have those.

With modern printers couldn't they be faked?

And not really seeing a sunroof in the wrecked car.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Looks clear as day to me. You can even see one of two little bumps on the front of it's trim.

jhVEWmP.jpg

Regulars520

Established Member
Did you try to run an oasis report or whatever Ford is using for a platform and see what options the vin he has came on the car? This guy should get this sorted out, otherwise it pretty much ruins a legit Cobra or it will highlight a faked Cobra.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Cody, not sure you remember me. I painted the hood on your white SN95 back in the day. If the car is local and you want, I can take a look at it. Won't take but just a few to see if the car has had any work done.

mineslouder

Established Member
Yea I remember you, it's Luke right. And no the car isn't local and I am already past on it. But I appreciate the offer.

MysticRob

Established Member
Sounds like some shady shit's been done here. No telling whether the car asperformance was trying to sell back in 2008 was even the correct chassis either since he was obviously a scammer. I bet it wasn't just because he talked about painting it prior to sale.

At this point the only way to figure anything out is to get the Deluxe Marti Report on the VIN given and see what options it actually came with (i.e. sunroof or not), then go over that car with a fine tooth comb looking for VIN swaps, chassis damage, etc.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Sounds like some shady shit's been done here. No telling whether the car asperformance was trying to sell back in 2008 was even the correct chassis either since he was obviously a scammer. I bet it wasn't just because he talked about painting it prior to sale.

At this point the only way to figure anything out is to get the Deluxe Marti Report on the VIN given and see what options it actually came with (i.e. sunroof or not), then go over that car with a fine tooth comb looking for VIN swaps, chassis damage, etc.

Any decent bodyman would pick a repaired car a part in about 3 mins.

A friend I knows mom was looking to buy a repaired LS1 TA years ago that had been wrecked. The car was repaired by one of the employees of a well respected body shop in the area and to most people the car looked damn clean. The seller was honest and told us what all had sustained damage and been repaired.

We then test drove the car over to another friend of mine who has been doing body/paint for years to ask him what he thought of the repairs. Unfortunately we didn't get there until dusk but in very low light he was able to walk around the car and tell us every panel that had been worked on with out us mentioning anything the seller had said about the repairs.

mineslouder

Established Member
yea I remember you Luke, and no I the car is not local. I just decided to pass on it with everything being in question. I appreciate your willingness to check it out for me though.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Pretty sure that was Aarons car. He was known (back then at least) to rebuild titles and such on 93 Cobras, especially Teals. Also went by user name Cobra Man of UT iirc. Also had a little something to do with the 93 Mystichrome as well iirc.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Ahh yes that guy. Hated GT-R’s and Supras with the passion. Nice collection of Cobras that he had though

mineslouder

Established Member
the guy that owns the cobra now told me the old owners name was Aaron and that he told him about this an Aaron laughed and said that car has never been wrecked.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Well I'm not going to get dragged into internet drama, but Aaron knows 93 Cobras probably about better than anyone. I just watched him do a shell up restoration on one. Plus he built the mystichrome one, a white one, and like 40-50 others he has had over the years. I got nothing on the line, but I would believe Aaron. All this goes back to LL somewhere grabbing pics of a wrecked cobra and saying they are the same vin. Mistakes happen.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well I'm not going to get dragged into internet drama, but Aaron knows 93 Cobras probably about better than anyone. I just watched him do a shell up restoration on one. Plus he built the mystichrome one, a white one, and like 40-50 others he has had over the years. I got nothing on the line, but I would believe Aaron. All this goes back to LL somewhere grabbing pics of a wrecked cobra and saying they are the same vin. Mistakes happen.

Kevin, we get it, you are friends with Aaron and are standing up for him. I know this since you relayed some of his messages in this thread - http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?623513-Anyone-want-to-guess-how-high-it-will-go

where he admits that he tried to sell a wrecked teal car 2 years ago on SVTP

I just got this PM elsewhere, and was told to post it here.....

I am not going to get all Pissy, However, If you want to post this for me on SVTP that is fine, the only car I ever posted that was wrecked that I did not say was wrecked was the teal one 2 Years ago on SVTP, I was Banned for this action. I don't know who wver told you I sold them one that was Cut in Half but I assure you I have never done that, It would be cool to Clip one. Every 93 I have ever sold went out of state, except one Black car I sold to Jeff, Goes By Geoffstowing on AOL. He was a nice guy but extreme Low Baller. It is easy to Bash someone when they can not Defent themself. So Unless you know for sure I did that please Keep your Opinion to yourself. Also the car I was Banned for was Sold to a MW Member He has the car Listed one SVTP! And no Claim of it being wrecked, should you all bann him as well, Just because A bunch of Know it alls thinks one is Junk if it has been wrecked. I am a 100% Honest seller, Just read My e-bay feedback, I also run 100% Honest auctions, No shill Bidding. So If you have any questions Please call me. My cell is XXX-XXX-XXXX(don't know if he really wanted me to post his cell number) I am sure I would be happy to meet up with you at MW next year, I am really tired of all this Kids BUll ####. Take care.

and the OP said the guy he was talking to bought the car from a guy named Aaron. Besides that you don't have to dig too far to find people that are saying he's a scammer.

Bottom line, it's probably the same car and if not something fishy as hell is going on and the OP was right to pass on it.

Last edited:

MysticRob

Established Member
Just to help clear up something that apparently a lot of us were confused on, the original thread from "asperformance" said the car he was selling with VIN 1FACP42D0PF184384 did NOT have a sunroof, and neither does the one this thread's OP is asking about.

The confusion stems from a PM that LL likely got from "asperformance" and others that sounded like that VIN was associated with 2 different cars, one with a sunroof, and one without. The fact that the original seller "asperformance" is well known for cutting and pasting cars back together does sound suspicious.

I PM'd Larry to see if he could respond and help clear up any other misunderstandings and assumptions regarding the original seller and that VIN.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I owned a few of his 93s including the Mystic. I wouldn't be surprised if it was rebuilt but if the price is right and that is disclosed then no biggie.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That does look much more like a reflection rather than a "tab".

2001sleeper

Established Member
If that is a sunroof it is the world's most perfectly installed foxbody sunroof.

I have a factory sunroof and it is about as obvious as the windshield trim.

MysticRob

Established Member
If that is a sunroof it is the world's most perfectly installed foxbody sunroof.

I have a factory sunroof and it is about as obvious as the windshield trim.

I agree, it doesn't really look like a sunroof. What should be the glass appears to be body colored, so I doubt LL's supplied pics prove anything.

Users who are viewing this thread