18 months later... here it is LT2/z51

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why, Nick? Are the seats too firm?

I'm 6'1" 220lbs, they felt really tight through the chest/ upper back area. Visibility was tough too. The C7s were better in that area.

It did have a lot better visibility through the windshield. Definitely felt more exotic than a Corvette normally does.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
CB35AA04-D02E-4BDA-A547-3A5218DC88C1.jpeg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm 6'1" 220lbs, they felt really tight through the chest/ upper back area. Visibility was tough too. The C7s were better in that area.

It did have a lot better visibility through the windshield. Definitely felt more exotic than a Corvette normally does.
LT2 have the digital rear view mirror (rear facing roof mounted camera. I’m getting this because I have old man’s neck (degenerative joint disease) and limited flexibility. It sucks when things you don’t want stiff are, and the one thing you want stiff is sometimes apathetic towards the task at hand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LT2 have the digital rear view mirror (rear facing roof mounted camera. I’m getting this because I have old man’s neck (degenerative joint disease) and limited flexibility. It sucks when things you don’t want stiff are, and the one thing you want stiff is sometimes apathetic towards the task at hand.

The one I had was an 2LT. The front and rear were fine, it was the B/C Pillar that made it hard to see your blind spots.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I figured that was it. I would imagine driving a C8 might feel similar to driving a new Ford GT. I've grown to like the exterior.....finally. What I really love is the sound of that motor and the beauty of the DC transmission. I've never driven one, but I would surely love to own one. If I could afford a new hi-po weekend driver, the 2023 C8 Z06 would be my pick.

CGM-2023-Corvette-Z06_Feature-1.jpg

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I figured that was it. I would imagine driving a C8 might feel similar to driving a new Ford GT. I've grown to like the exterior.....finally. What I really love is the sound of that motor and the beauty of the DC transmission. I've never driven one, but I would surely love to own one. If I could afford a new hi-po weekend driver, the 2023 C8 Z06 would be my pick.

CGM-2023-Corvette-Z06_Feature-1.jpg
Those are commanding a $50k adm

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Congrats! Waiting that long sometimes is met with a let down. Looks like a cool spec C8. All the best with it!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Clearly, I’m not fluent in Corvette speak. The trim levels are 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. I goofed up and wrote LT2, and everyone since has followed suit.

dan1982

Established Member
Clearly, I’m not fluent in Corvette speak. The trim levels are 1LT, 2LT, and 3LT. I goofed up and wrote LT2, and everyone since has followed suit.
car pictured is an LT2.. foward and rearward facing cameras... selectable as to which one u wanna view... never have to turn your neck to check for blind spots. Its a Z51 car whichgives it the better brakes/ cooling system/ active exhaust/ summer staggered tires.... makes it what it should be... its very exotic feeling... very. much more than i expected... im enjoying it soooo much i cant even tell u. IT ALSO has the front lift system so it doesnt bottom out and it remembers WHEN to lift the front via the navigation. get over those speed bumps u almost need the front lift option. An lt3 car didnt add anything i wanted... maybe some carbon fiber and the option for red stitched seats.... thats all the lt3 adds. An lt3 didnt even add a better stereo...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
car pictured is an LT2.. foward and rearward facing cameras... selectable as to which one u wanna view... never have to turn your neck to check for blind spots. Its a Z51 car whichgives it the better brakes/ cooling system/ active exhaust/ summer staggered tires.... makes it what it should be... its very exotic feeling... very. much more than i expected... im enjoying it soooo much i cant even tell u. IT ALSO has the front lift system so it doesnt bottom out and it remembers WHEN to lift the front via the navigation. get over those speed bumps u almost need the front lift option. An lt3 car didnt add anything i wanted... maybe some carbon fiber and the option for red stitched seats.... thats all the lt3 adds. An lt3 didnt even add a better stereo...

It's a 2LT.

LT2 would be Chevrolet's classification on trucks. Check out your window sticker if you don't believe me.

dan1982

Established Member
It's a 2LT.

LT2 would be Chevrolet's classification on trucks. Check out your window sticker if you don't believe me.
ok... i got the order wrong... 2lt... but the 2lt package adds ALOT to the car wass the point.... imho... its worth it for just the stereo... upgrade from 1lt to 2lt... but the 3lt is a weird upgrade... it basically allows or makes standard gt2/3 seats... (but gt2/3 seats are available as a standalone options and i cant even imagine how uncomfortable recaro buckets would be....lol) from what i could tell and the salesmans explaination... 3lt package allows stuff like CF accents inside and things like red stitching on the seats... small little touches.... it was weird to me anyway. 3lt doesnt do much. ohhh... 2023 anniversary alsoto celebrate corvettes 70th year!

dan1982

Established Member
nooooo... if u wanna stand in line,..,. Van bortel will sell u a z06 i believe... if they had allocations... gonna be one HELL of a wait. i Paid ZERO ADM on the c8. just a LONG wait. paid sticker. They are one of the HUGE corvette dealers.. very fair. they arrange shipping even if u want that. they had a HUNDRED corvettes sitting in a warehouse.. even a 1963 split window SURVIVOR car that my father could NOT stop drooling over... u have never seen this many vettes in one dealership ever... i havent..., they even had a used 2021 c8 2lt red c8 for 120K. they bring more money USED than i paid NEW.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those are commanding a $50k adm
I know, like Nick said, that the ADMs can be even higher than that. Insane that people pay these ridiculous high ADMs. I've always refused to use a dealer (any dealer) who adds an ADM. If that means that I have to move on to another manufacturer/model, so be it.

kuruma

Established Member
Dude you are on the wrong forum. 19 months? that's insanity. I put my order in august 21 and got my car in may this year. 10 months from order to in my hands at MSRP. (MacMulkin)

and yes 2LT is the package to get imo. Adds a lot of comfort items. I love the ventilated seats.

dan1982

Established Member
Dude you are on the wrong forum. 19 months? that's insanity. I put my order in august 21 and got my car in may this year. 10 months from order to in my hands at MSRP. (MacMulkin)

and yes 2LT is the package to get imo. Adds a lot of comfort items. I love the ventilated seats.
im not on the wrong forum.. i had a mustang before this and i like the activity on this forum and the type of people...

Users who are viewing this thread