18 months later... here it is LT2/z51

dan1982

Established Member
Congrats. I know you will enjoy it. I absolutely love mine!
could u imagine of of these cars with 1200HP? i mean... i know emilia did it with a bunch of piggyback controllers and got it to work a little... But it wont be long before native tuning will take off.... controlling everything through the ECU would be amazing. And i have ZERO credir card debt!!! im just waiting and watching.

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
could u imagine of of these cars with 1200HP? i mean... i know emilia did it with a bunch of piggyback controllers and got it to work a little... But it wont be long before native tuning will take off.... controlling everything through the ECU would be amazing. And i have ZERO credir card debt!!! im just waiting and watching.
Ha. I know what you mean. It is crazy at how fast it already is down low, that I can't imagine any twin turbo on this. I am too scared to do much as I don't want to void the warranty. I just did an exhaust and it makes it sound so much better. I will prob do a cold air intake next.

dan1982

Established Member
Ha. I know what you mean. It is crazy at how fast it already is down low, that I can't imagine any twin turbo on this. I am too scared to do much as I don't want to void the warranty. I just did an exhaust and it makes it sound so much better. I will prob do a cold air intake next.
did yours have active exhaust? i like the "stealth" feature... but im not doing ANYTHING before someone agrees to use the ECU for tuning. These people using 3 or 4 control modules or "piggybacks" for tuning 1000HP cars make me extremely uncomfortable. Im amazed that some folks do it. Cracking into the ECU... we could pull timing between shifts/ reduce torque to save the transmissions... eliminate ALLL the problems that they are having right now with the Fuel tech and motec ecus being used as piggybacks.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
did yours have active exhaust? i like the "stealth" feature... but im not doing ANYTHING before someone agrees to use the ECU for tuning. These people using 3 or 4 control modules or "piggybacks" for tuning 1000HP cars make me extremely uncomfortable. Im amazed that some folks do it. Cracking into the ECU... we could pull timing between shifts/ reduce torque to save the transmissions... eliminate ALLL the problems that they are having right now with the Fuel tech and motec ecus being used as piggybacks.
It’s a corvette. It’ll eventually be open season for normal tuning.
Now the Z06, I’m just staring a plan to order one at MSRP. My grandfather retired from GM and a local guy connected all the way up that was the apprentice under my grandfather said he’d use his position to get me a car but it could be a long wait. I told him I’m down for that wait!
-J

BLUEPSTU

Veni Vidi Vici
Established Member
I had the NPP exhaust and you lose that feature with most aftermarket exhausts. It did not bother me because I always drove both of the vettes I had with the valves open.

dan1982

Established Member
Now the Z06, I’m just staring a plan to order one at MSRP. My grandfather retired from GM and a local guy connected all the way up that was the apprentice under my grandfather said he’d use his position to get me a car but it could be a long wait. I told him I’m down for t

Now the Z06, I’m just staring a plan to order one at MSRP. My grandfather retired from GM and a local guy connected all the way up that was the apprentice under my grandfather said he’d use his position to get me a car but it could be a long wait. I told him I’m down for that wait!
-J
im sure in 5 years.... when it gets here. ull love it. By that time the z06 will be old news and the fanboys will be shopping for the electric/ gas powered zr1.. or eray.. whatever... it isnt hard to get an ls motor to 800/1000hp with a lil boost.

Users who are viewing this thread